Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Away Fans in Home Areas - Mcnally

"Jim Smith"Someone should inform Mr Mcnally then that Cardiff fans, miffed at missing out on tickets as their club took a small allocation and basically gave them all to their travel club, have noted that tickets in the home areas are on general sale for our game! That could get lively!

I got one the other day and it said that you can only get one if you have bought a ticket in the last three seasons.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]the buy back should only be available to fans who can produce I D on collecting the tickets.this currently isn’t done. you simply walk up and ask for them at the window.[/quote]ID doesn''t really solve the problem as the away fan or his/her could well produce a local address. A better idea might be to ask the person a couple of questions relevant to NCFC which only a genuine fan would know. This of course wouldn''t work if a Norwich fan was buying it for a friend but it would weed a few out.I agree that nothing is currently done as I know for a fact that one particular City buy-back was used by a Chelsea fan at the last home game.

Surely this is one of the last remaining forms of discrimination???

If you come from this part of the country, if you like this team, ... then you cannot sit here.

In a rugby match, you can sit where you like, yet football fans are so much more territorial, this is our end!!!!

People need to chill out, let other people enjoy the game rather than abuse them because they are in a minority.

[quote user="Europe_93"]Surely this is one of the last remaining forms of discrimination???

If you come from this part of the country, if you like this team, ... then you cannot sit here.

In a rugby match, you can sit where you like, yet football fans are so much more territorial, this is our end!!!!

People need to chill out, let other people enjoy the game rather than abuse them because they are in a minority.[/quote]I can remember Robert Chase having of a similar kind of opinion on this subject in the 1994/95 season. I recall sitting next to

a group of West Ham fans that season, I suspect because I''d got a late ticket and the club have given all of us tickets which had been returned.

What if you don''t support either club?For example, I''d possibly like to see Spurs Vs Arsenal because arguably it should be a good game of football.

[quote user="splutcho"]From Twitter - "Let us know if away fans are seated in home areas by giving seat number to customer services. Don''t like it & would like to stop it. pls RT"[/quote]

Seems like his account has disappeared from Twitter now...Perhaps he didn''t like all the people telling him how many away supporters actually are sitting in the ''Home fans only'' areas...

Shame as would have liked to hear what him and the club were going to do about it.

[quote user="K Lo"]What if you don''t support either club?For example, I''d possibly like to see Spurs Vs Arsenal because arguably it should be a good game of football.[/quote]

Don''t think McNally, or NCFC or people on here would be bothered, as not taking seats from our supporters at a NCFC game ;)