Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Away Fans in Home Areas - Mcnally

From Twitter - "Let us know if away fans are seated in home areas by giving seat number to customer services. Don''t like it & would like to stop it. pls RT"

I regularly watch Norwich Away but sit in the home end with mates that support the club we are playing. I can''t see what the problem is with others doing the same at CR.

If someone is being disrespectful to fans around them they should get reported/removed but that applies equally to home and away fans.

A few seasons ago when we played Col U away some of our fans were extremely proud of being in the home section, when some were ejected they acted like they were martyrs.

My one experience of sitting in the ''wrong'' end was when I was in a party of supporters who were guests of the match sponser, it was a disaster, we ended up watching the game on a TV in the sponsers lounge, its an experience I will not want to repeat.

There are several problems with this London Canary.

Firstly, it is prohibited by signage at entrances to home areas, so you are contravening ground conditions by doing it.

Secondly, it takes a seat away from a home supporter which, if repeated numerously detracts from the home atmosphere generated.

Thirdly, and perhaps most importantly, it causes trouble. I saw a fight break out two rows behind me on Sunday when a Chelsea fan celebrated their second goal. That upsets surrounding supporters, particularly the young and elderly and gives a bad impression of the game.

Personally I don''t think I could possibly sit in the ''wrong'' end at a game. I want to explode when we score a goal and having to restrain that would take away massively from my enjoyment of the game.

At the end of the day if you want to see Norwich play away, buy a ticket in the away end. If you can''t get a ticket then that''s probably because you are a less common away traveller than others who are higher up the pecking order or have more ''points''.

I''ve done it a few times, and don''t really see a problem as long as you don''t advertise the fact that you''re supporting the away side.I did it at Portman Road when we won 5-1 and managed to control myself, and I''m sure the vast majority of sane individuals could too.

You may think it''s ok NCFCstar, and maybe you could control yourself, but the simple fact is that it contravenes ground regulations. There are good reasons for those regulations.

Just seen this on twitter "Club re-sold my season ticket to a Chelsea fan through the buy back scheme..."

But how’s the club supposed to even start to know about this mystery Chelsea supporting Norwich City super-member, apart from possibly checking & seeing one NCFC vs Chelsea home match attended for the last two seasons? Perhaps NCFC could implement some sort of purchase history rule so that for A* games at least one other home game has to have been attended in the last year?

[quote user="splutcho"]From Twitter - "Let us know if away fans are seated in home areas by giving seat number to customer services. Don''t like it & would like to stop it. pls RT"[/quote]How does anyone prove anything in such cases?What is it that makes you an away fan? There are grey areas - much like the grey areas over what a "fan" is, as shown by this forum at times.Would you be kicked out for smiling or grinning when the opposition scores? Having a wallet with an opposition badge on it? Would it only be for wearing opposition colours? Would it just be for opposition songs? Would a Norwich City fan be allowed to bring his/her Liverpool-supporting wife/husband? Would, say, "I''m Forever Blowing Bubbles" count when West Ham come to Carrow Road, as it isn''t technically a West Ham song or even a football song.There has to be a line drawn somewhere if a policy is drawn up, and I would imagine statements like this are more about currying favour with fans that they are about actually doing something.Too many things make this impossible to police in my opinion, and I don''t think they should try it. Surely there''d be some legal implications as well, no?I''m not asking these questions to be pedantic. I think they''re valid questions.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]You may think it''s ok NCFCstar, and maybe you could control yourself, but the simple fact is that it contravenes ground regulations. There are good reasons for those regulations.[/quote]I completely understand that, but you should read the ground regulations and what it actually states.  There are a lot of occurrences of the word ''may''.  At no point does it even say they''d actually get kicked out, have a read of the signs outside the turnstile next time you''re at the ground and it might surprise you.  I doubt the big bold ''HOME FANS ONLY'' is actually legally enforceable.Anyway despite that, if you can''t control yourself then you shouldn''t sit in the home end, if you can and you can watch the game in a civil manner then why should you not be able to sit in the home end?  I went to the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge last season with a friend who happened to have two season tickets - why shouldn''t I be able to go with a friend to a match?

[quote user="skippdogg"]according to cardiff''s messageboard they have a good few with home tickets,[/quote]

Should be easy to sniff out let a few sheep loose in the stands and they will soon make themselves known. Baaaaaaaa

i''ve actually been called by the club about this, i''ve got a feeling they dont like me tweeting david mcnally to complain every week!

i''ve got a feeling there is some kind of organisation behind this maybe a tout grabbing buybacks.

The family who sit in front of me have missed most of the home games so far, though one of them managed to make sundays game, i speaking to her and i explained that every game she''s missed this season, there has been away fans in her other seats, she replied saying she had called the club and put them up for buyback......

at the everton game there was 2 ladie everton fans in the seats, the villa game had a couple, with the wife constantly nudging the bloke to shut up everytime villa had possesion, and saw her writing a text saying "were at the villa game, away at norwich, but in with the home fans instead.. random"

then there was a bloke at the chelsea game texting how he was stuck in the home end and how he had to try and be quite.

there are also about 3 other seats that have had away fans in in recent games, including a major one refered to in the pinkun article.

the only thing that annoys me is when the celebrate, but there are a few blokes that have got very worked up about it mouthing off at them and the stewards.

I understand why this is bad when a ground sells out, but i''ve been to Everton, Burnley, Man U and Wigan with mates that support the other team, and sometimes it''s the only way i''ve been able to get tickets. I think as long as i''m not stopping someone who''s a fan going to the game and not being an obvious Norwich fan, there''s no problem with it.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I understand why this is bad when a ground sells out, but i''ve been to Everton, Burnley, Man U and Wigan with mates that support the other team, and sometimes it''s the only way i''ve been able to get tickets. I think as long as i''m not stopping someone who''s a fan going to the game and not being an obvious Norwich fan, there''s no problem with it.[/quote]

But what if, with all this trying to stop away fans being in the home areas, it meant we didn''t sell out?[:^)]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I''ve done it a few times, and don''t really see a problem as long as you don''t advertise the fact that you''re supporting the away side.I did it at Portman Road when we won 5-1 and managed to control myself, and I''m sure the vast majority of sane individuals could too.[/quote]You''re lucky.I was unfortunate enough to be in with the home fans at Portman Rd when we got turned over 5-0. As luck would have it we were sitting with all the old boys in the Cobbold Stand. When it had all calmed down after the fourth had whistled into the net one turned to me and chuckled,  " You''re Norwich fans aren''t you ? "I wonder how he guessed.....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]good work by the club.

an away fan in the home areas stops me getting a ticket![/quote]
Is it?  They want us to do the snitching.  After they''ve sold the tickets in the first place.
And I can''t see how this frees tickets up. If they''re are already sold to away fans.
McNally lip service to fans whining.  What he should be saying is the club will be more vigilant when doling out tickets to whoever gives them the money.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ncfcstar"]I''ve done it a few times, and don''t really see a problem as long as you don''t advertise the fact that you''re supporting the away side.I did it at Portman Road when we won 5-1 and managed to control myself, and I''m sure the vast majority of sane individuals could too.[/quote]You''re lucky.I was unfortunate enough to be in with the home fans at Portman Rd when we got turned over 5-0. As luck would have it we were sitting with all the old boys in the Cobbold Stand. When it had all calmed down after the fourth had whistled into the net one turned to me and chuckled,  " You''re Norwich fans aren''t you ? "I wonder how he guessed.....[/quote]I was there too, in the home end again!  Although I was only a child then.

""were at the villa game, away at norwich, but in with the home fans instead.. random"random ?The tickets are numbered and that is where you sit, quite deliberate as it gets.As to McNally''s comment i would suggest the club are not being totally open about this matter.If they were serious then simply have a policy of ejecting away fans when they are in home seats. No nonsense about legal rights, the club retains the right to chuck you out as and when it sees fit.Anyone chucked out who has had that seat bought by a City season ticket holder. member etc will see that persons season ticket/membership suspended or even cancelled.However reading through the thread there is every suggestion that the club itself is the biggest culprit - maybe McNally would like to clarify this point, or are they unwilling to admit was is now quite common knowledge, that we are not selling out games to home fans.

Someone should inform Mr Mcnally then that Cardiff fans, miffed at missing out on tickets as their club took a small allocation and basically gave them all to their travel club, have noted that tickets in the home areas are on general sale for our game! That could get lively!

Hands up, i was one of the fans in a home seat at the now imfamous Colchester away game and made it to the 5th goal before getting found out and that was because my Mrs phoned and i had OTBC as my bloody ringtone(numpty). They tried to stop it by postcode of applicants and phoning my mobile(twice)to be sure,i only managed it because i have 2 relatives who live in Colchester and had them delivered to their address.

[quote user="Zak Van LegWetter"][quote user="InchY_Van_Cureton."]

that was because my Mrs phoned and i had OTBC as my bloody ringtone(numpty).

[/quote]

Made me LOL. [Y]
[/quote]

I laugh about it now but back then I don''t know who i was more miffed at me or her....

Only done it once, at the Southend game in league 1. Found it really difficult not to celebrate and kept looking over jealously at the city fans having a great time.

However this was my only chance to get a ticket, and was not a sell out so wasn''t stopping any home fans from going.

I can understand the frustration as I hate finding out there''s an away fan near me at CR but actually, as long as there''s no trouble, what''s the harm? It''s the potential of trouble that''s the issue and how on earth would that be policed?

"What''s the harm?"

As several others have said before me, the harm in our case is for every away fan sat in a home area, there''s a home fan that couldn''t get a ticket.

There''s a mechanism in place for away fans to buy tickets. It''s through their own club.

Those are the rules, whether people like it or not. It''s the clubs job to enforce them.

the buy back should only be available to fans who can produce I D on collecting the tickets.this currently isn’t done. you simply walk up and ask for them at the window.