Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Gutless "Craven" Display

what a gutless, lilly livered, "craven" display from the lads yesterday. at kick off i was quite prepared for the possibility of defeat as any team can lose a match at any
time, and yet quietly confident that we might win. but to lose without much of a fight was pathetic. how humiliating and embarrassing was that? there must be a few thousand scummers down in suffolk and essex laughing their heads off. i could have accepted 2 or 3-0, but not 6-0. you have to wonder which team wanted it more, apparently not city! 6 bloody 0! i dont know whether to laugh or cry.

It was a joke yesterday. What other team with fate in their own hands would have gone and lost 6-0? Still, it''s fitting that we went out of the league with the kind of away performance that got us in trouble in the first place. 3-0 at Villa, Blackburn, Liverpool, 4-0 at Charlton etc.

I totally agree.  I left Norwich at 7.00am to get to Fulham for when the box office opened at 10.00 to see if there were any returns. NO JOY.  Walked around Fulham for 2 hours until the pubs opened at midday.  Starting to have a drink and one of my mates gets a phone call.  One of his friends has a spare ticket and only wants face value for it.  Count me in i said.  Are things looking better today or what im of to the game am I going to see Norwich survive i prayed.  Then I was treated to one of the worst displays i have seen all season 6-0 your having a laugh.  I was nearly in tears.  It was simple a win would of seen us survive.  And we were served up with that

Earlier in the week, we were all either laughing or feeling sorry for Everton when they lost 7-0 to Arsenal. God knows how the Toffee fans felt. For me, yesterday''s 6-0 is ten times worse because of the quality of the winning team. Arsenal were out of this world and are one of the best 2 teams in the country (not just league position - the way they know each other''s game so well and can play fluid one touch football is so pleasing in watch). But Fulham are none of those things and were only just above us, near the bottom of the table.

We have always had this problem...play our best football against the best teams, but fail dismally against the ones we see as mediocre or poor.

Someone said that Fulham finished with less points than West Ham had when they went down a few years back. Just shows you how much rubbish there was in the Premiership.

I probably speak for alot of fans that I cannot understand how come we were in pole position in the league table 3pm yesterday and lost 6-0   Its unforgivable.  Yes the ref made a couple of bad decisions, but we really didn''t look up to it. 

I was devasted I didn''t get tickets in the ballot, but in hindsight........

I just cannot understand how they prepared for the match etc. etc. and lost like that. 

Can anyone offer an explanation?

Totally agree with all the posts above.

Given that this was probably one of the most important games in City''s recent history, how in God''s name did we end up not only losing badly but also appearing to curl up and die in a corner at the same time?

Like everyone says, 1-0, 2-1 or even 3-1 would have been acceptable (if unbearable) and 6-0 would have been bearable if it had been Chelsea or Arsenal - but bloody FULHAM? Come on...

And the players then have the balls to come over all dismayed at the fact we''ve been relegated - as if it''s some big shock to them after the performances that they''ve turned in week in week out - how did we get in this position in the first place folks? And as for Worthington, don''t get me started...

Still as a mate of mine said this morning - "Look on the bright side, I''ll be able to get you a ticket for the Alex game...!" Git.

Still I will be here like everyone else supporting the team through thick and thin whatever division we''re in...just as long as Worthington goes sooner rather than later..

Rant over.

I agree for the most part - gutless. But it can''t be said of everyone. Huckerby for instance. Watching the game on tv, he seemed to be among the very few who showed determination and fight. And then he at least has the guts to publicly apologise to the fans for the performance (the report on the pinkun homepage) Shame the same can''t be said of the others (where''s an apology from Francis for not turning up?)

To be honest it was not much different to most away games this season , the result beyond doubt even before half time . We have been shipping 3 or 4 away from home all season and yesterday just proved why we did deserve to get relegated.

I think what happened is they just went way over the top. They were under huge pressure and the nerves got to them. And therefore they decided to leave two defenders back for half of the match.

Totally indefensible. Although doubtless someone will try and defend it. Losing Safri, who plainly wasnt fully fit from the start, was a hammer blow, his replacement was out of his depth, and his partner hadnt turned up for the match. Thus we had no midfield. The Defending was down to its usual standard. The 3 forwards ran themselves into the ground, and recieved scant protection from the referee, but those 3 apart, everybody else disgraced themselves.

Yes it was disappointing, but if you''ve been to any regular amount of away games this season totally in character too I''m afraid.

We got out of a hole due to home form only (1 point at Palace and Southampton when scoring 6 goals!!), and even then (Man Utd game aside) we had our fair share of luck for once (Shearer miss, Murphy free-kick off post, Morrison off crossbar twice).

I was as gutted as everyone else, but not totally surprised I''m afraid, and the reality is we were not good enough to stay up.

Some re-building in defence and midfield, retention of all our striking options (especially Ashton) and a good start (including an early away win) and we''ll all feel quite different come october!