Sign in to follow this  
Since 1980

Malky Mackay

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24465391If he leaves Cardiff and our results don''t soon improve would you want him here?

I am happy with Hughton at the moment, but in the more distant future I would not be against Malky being here as manager. I think he''d do a good job and would suit the players and board superbly.

After a few years of success and Hughton progresses up to one of the major European powerhouse clubs I can see Malky being the natural progression. I''d love to see the big man back at the club.

I''d never want a playing hero of mine back here as manager...............remember Gunny?[:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''d never want a playing hero of mine back here as manager...............remember Gunny?[:S][/quote]Gunny? Wasn''t that the bloke you drove out the club?

Very much like for like as managers go, both have a championship promotion, but Hughton has more experience at this level.

I would love to see Malkey here but only if he leaves Cardiff and Hughton gets pushed out because of poor results, I don''t think there would be any point in sacking Hughton to bring in Malkey!

I find it hard to see any good managers out there, better than we have who would want this job, I can''t name anyone.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''d never want a playing hero of mine back here as manager...............remember Gunny?[:S][/quote]

Remember Stringer?

If results didn''t improve and Hughts got the chop, then yes, Malkay would be an ideal replacement. He has all the qualities an excellent manager should. He was such a leader on the field for us and it was shocking we got rid of him when we did. He would have been excellent in the premiership for us.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''d never want a playing hero of mine back here as manager...............remember Gunny?[:S][/quote]

Remember Stringer?

[/quote]

What a lovely guy and nice family, knew his daughter Louise a long time back while she was working at Barclays.

[quote user="Zak Van LegWetter"][quote user="First Wizard"]I''d never want a playing hero of mine back here as manager...............remember Gunny?[:S][/quote]

Gunny? Wasn''t that the bloke you drove out the club?
[/quote]

What me personally? All on my own?

You credit me with too much influence.[^o)]

[quote user="Jonzey"]After a few years of success and Hughton progresses up to one of the major European powerhouse clubs I can see Malky being the natural progression. I''d love to see the big man back at the club.[/quote]

LOL

[quote user="Jonzey"]After a few years of success and Hughton progresses up to one of the major European powerhouse clubs I can see Malky being the natural progression. I''d love to see the big man back at the club.[/quote]

Hughton in charge of a top Club? No chance!

[quote user="Zak Van LegWetter"][quote user="First Wizard"]I''d never want a playing hero of mine back here as manager...............remember Gunny?[:S][/quote]

Gunny? Wasn''t that the bloke you drove out the club?
[/quote]

If Wiz was solely responsible for driving Gunn out then we all owe him a huge debt of gratitude don''t we.

Cheers Wiz!

I always felt that we should never have kicked him out as a player and his return as manager has a kind of fate holding to it. It just feels natural some how. Just because Bryan Gunn was deemed to be wrong, doesn''t make Malky''s homecoming wrong, does it. This club has had a long tradition of appointing managers with a Norwich background from day one.

There is a big difference between Gunn and Malky though; Gunn had no coaching or management experiance where Malky has already proved himself as a manager.

I disagree, I don''t think Mackay has proved anything..........yet, other than he is a manager.  Let''s see how he fares in the top flight before he is judged.  I''m not sure I would want another defender as manager here anyway.

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"][quote user="First Wizard"]I''d never want a playing hero of mine back here as manager...............remember Gunny?[:S][/quote]So I take it Dave Stringer wasn''t a fave of yours when playing?[/quote]I think we''ve covered that... [^o)]

If Hughton were to go just after Malkay, i can''t think of a better alternative out there. It would be a nice and convenient choice. Would people rather Pulis? He makes Hughton''s football look like Brazil!

we have got a world full of top coach''s and managers to pick from lets think out the box, not just an old player, who is doing ok, we always do that and it gets us nowhere.

True skippdogg. Of course Hoots job is secure, so it is implied but I like Uwe Rossler of Brentford. Could he be another Lambert?

As someone has already said on this thread, a vacancy will only occur when Hoots goes to a top Premier or European club. Make of that what you will.

[quote user="OldRobert"]I''m not sure I would want another defender as manager here anyway.[/quote]You clearly didn''t rate John Bond, Ken Brown, Dave Stringer and, even worse Mike walker who was a Keeper. Daft old git. [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="OldRobert"]I''m not sure I would want another defender as manager here anyway.[/quote]You clearly didn''t rate John Bond, Ken Brown, Dave Stringer and, even worse Mike walker who was a Keeper. Daft old git. [;)][/quote]

Now now Lapp, Robert didn''t say he didn''t want those managers just he just said he didn''t want another one like ''em[;)]

Thinking back to the changes that happened when John Bond took over from Ron Saunders it''s difficult to imagine which was the goal scoring centre forward...

Thank you Nutty.Less of the Old Git Lapps, you know perfectly well what I meant.  I''ll spell it out for you as you are obviously in thick mode this afternoon.  I don''t want another defender like the one we have now......................there.............got it now.[;)]

[quote user="OldRobert"]Thank you Nutty.Less of the Old Git Lapps, you know perfectly well what I meant.  I''ll spell it out for you as you are obviously in thick mode this afternoon.  I don''t want another defender like the one we have now......................there.............got it now.[;)][/quote]David Moyes, Brendan Rodgers, Mauricio Pochettino and Manuel Pellegrini were all defenders. Perhaps their clubs have got it wrong too. [:)]