Sign in to follow this  
6088m canary

North American Canaries

Just a quick message to see who is out there.Have seen quite a few new(ish) American fans on the board recently....anyone out in Mexico??Will probably head to Texas to pick up a car and drive back down to D.F at some point in the future, so would be great to have a few contacts up that way for a beer or two.....Meanwhile, if there are any City fans in MExico City, would be great to get a supporters group started up!!

You''re gonna have to pay $400 to take a car into Mexico although it is refunded when you bring it back out. Also, you''ll likely need insurance. Costly, but worth the peace of mind dealing with corruption and crime.

[quote user="6088m canary"]Just a quick message to see who is out there.Have seen quite a few new(ish) American fans on the board recently....anyone out in Mexico??Will probably head to Texas to pick up a car and drive back down to D.F at some point in the future, so would be great to have a few contacts up that way for a beer or two.....Meanwhile, if there are any City fans in MExico City, would be great to get a supporters group started up!![/quote]My brother is in Mexico City and is a Canary. He''s been out there about 5 years now. I know he regularly watches Norwich. I will try to get him to come on here to make contact

Hey,

This is Robert''s brother here.

Yep, I''ve been out here 5 years and regularly watch, whether on sky or steaming it.

Where abouts in DF are you? Can you send me some kind of way of contacting u and I will flip you my phone number.

OTBC.

Tom

What''s the story behind you North American supporters - if we haven''t done this before (don''t recall), why did you choose Norwich City as opposed to any other team?  Let''s face it, it was hardly for the silverware.

"Waveney Canary"The heart is being ripped out of our club and it will have long term negative consequences. This is yet another example

It''s a great thing for the clubs future. Get more fans around the world and more money coming in. Sounds selfish and greedy but it''s what the club needs to be able to compete with the big boys. We actually need more of these guys, and the City fans out around the globe need to spread the good word, like the Victorian missionaries.

Norwich Born, Norwich Bred. Season ticket for a lot of the 90''s. Barclay end, Block D, Row X, Seat 98. One in from the aisle. Managed to emigrate to the US in 2010. Not going to stop supporting us because I live in another country. Ironically enough, seen more of them since i''ve been over here than when I was living in the rest of the UK....

Same here... Norwich born and bred, even still got the accent... Happened to emigrate to Mexico in 2008, having held a season ticket throughout the 90s... I was in Barclay, Block D, Row X, Seat 93...

Perhaps this other guy ought to leave Norwich some time. He might realise that a world exists outside of it.

Will always support my childhood team.

Also, I''m sure Robert911 has scored one more goal for Norwich than you will ever score!

Not sure if the "other guy" comments are aimed at me, but hope not - was genuinely interested and there are no doubt some great stories behind how and why people from outside the UK follow Norwich City FC.And that''s speaking as someone who is unlikely to ever leave Norwich unless in a coffin.

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]I am feeling morally outraged by this thread . I am off to have a lie down to recover.[/quote]

Tw@t.

Overseas supporters have a stronger connection to the club than something as arbitrary as physical proximity. Most of us aren''t born into fanhood. We could pick any team in any country to support, and we choose Norwich.

When I go to a game, it costs me well over $5000 (Air fair for a family of four, ground transportation, food, hotel, etc). And we pay it. How many times have you spend $5000 to see a game?

When we want to watch a live game, we need to pay hundreds of extra dollars to our cable companies to subscribe to their obscure soccer channels (not so much now that NBC has broadcasting rights). We wake up at the crack of dawn on weekends to watch games live. Try explaining to your coworkers why you don''t ever go out for drinks on friday night because you have to get up at 6am to watch a soccer match between two teams they''ve never heard of. Oh it''s a real laugh.

It''s all worth it though. I love my team.

Yesterday I was wearing my home shirt when I was out running errands with the kids. While I was putting the groceries in my car, a man tapped me on the shoulder. He was wearing a home ''05 Proton kit. We had a good talk and exchanged email addresses. Moments like that are few and far between, but it makes being an overseas fan worth it.

I''ve only been to two games at Carrow Rd. I found the locals to be welcoming and happy to have an American supporter show up. More so than at The Bridge (wife is a CFC supporter god help me).

In closing...Wavenly can stuff it.

Also, I always thought Mexico was part of Central America...

Don''t get me wrong I like Portland until recently my sister in law lived there. I loved crater lake (the mossies loved me more) I enjoyed the climb up mount hood although the pulled pork BBQ sandwich at timberline lodge left a lot to be desired. I bought a box of donuts from voodoo donuts and particularly liked the caramel and bacon variety. That said it is not enough to make me a timbers fan. So I encourage you my plastic friend to get down the jeld-wen field and support your local team

[quote user="Waveney Canary"]Don''t get me wrong I like Portland until recently my sister in law lived there. I loved crater lake (the mossies loved me more) I enjoyed the climb up mount hood although the pulled pork BBQ sandwich at timberline lodge left a lot to be desired. I bought a box of donuts from voodoo donuts and particularly liked the caramel and bacon variety. That said it is not enough to make me a timbers fan. So I encourage you my plastic friend to get down the jeld-wen field and support your local team[/quote]No one cares that you like Portland, and you don''t get to tell people what team they support. It does not work that way. Next time you''re in town, come on down to The Brass Horse or Kell''s and tell all the supporters their that they are plastics. Should be fun.

WC has instructions on how to deal with WC in his avatar, I suggest you all oblige the bitter fool.

Waveney clearly has a full working knowledge of Wikipedia.....I also believe that we should change the name of this message board to the "Billy Goats Gruff" board due to the large number of Trolls that make an appearance.....

Waveney will you stop touching yourself at night!!

McNally will reactivate his account once you stop doing that

WavyGravey Canary cheered for us to lose vs Chelsea.

His story of becoming a non-plastic, non-local Chelsea fan might prove interesting. C''mon WC, how does a Norfolk boy end up a Chelsea supporter?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]WavyGravey Canary cheered for us to lose vs Chelsea.

His story of becoming a non-plastic, non-local Chelsea fan might prove interesting. C''mon WC, how does a Norfolk boy end up a Chelsea supporter?[/quote]

I think WC supports 1p5wich myself Houston