Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 9

Trying to find some form of positive, do we get the stake back again as a free bet?

Mega unlucky though. 88th minute equaliser for Portugal.

Oh, Spain are at it now! 2-1!!

Ahh so unlucky Sid, so close it''s not fair. Bloody Portugal. Ronaldo has nothing on Messi...

Really really unlucky. We can only hope Portugal fail to qualify for the World Cup as punishment (unless they''ve already qualified?)

What can I say...So close.

Thanks for letting me have the chance Nutty, just gutted that we were a couple of minutes from another win. And thanks to all you wonderful PUPs for the selections.

Onwards and upwards folks. Cheers

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t know ''nana. It was a free bet so not sure whether it comes back again! Maybe? CD will know.

[/quote]Unfortunaltley there is no insurance on a free bet, sorry guys!Unlucky Sid,Portugal were the only team to let me down too,

That is really cruel. Portugal let me down for a 10 team accumulator as well. I hope they don''t qualify now.

Have you seen Israel''s equalising goal too???!!

Keeper fluffs a pass back and passes it straight to the forward who has essentially an open goal!

Really unlucky Sid. However the keeper is going to be public enemy number one in Portugal...and with the PUPs

Although the result stank it was an enjoyable way of doing it. Few beers, watching England and refreshing the scores every minute.

Cheers Sid and PUPS. On to next week.

That''s right Herman. We were gutted at the result but there''s something special about being part of this team knowing that PUPs all over are standing together willing the teams home. It is enjoyable and we can''t win every week.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

This has been a great effort by everyone so far to get the picks in to give Sid plenty of time to consider. I''m looking for something different and may have found a bit of value with Sweden at home to Austria. Sweden are in good form and have a very good recent record at home in world cup qualifiers. Austria in contrast have a very poor recent away record in world cup qualifiers. If Sweden win this it will go a long way to getting them 2nd place in the group and a play-off spot. Sweden are currently 8/11 with Bill Hill.

Sweden          v          Austria          Home Win

Word of warning : This selection is from the muppet that stated Spurs would only need to score one goal to beat West Ham last weekend!![:$]

Good luck Ian. I really hope the footballing gods are with you this weekend.

[/quote]

I''ll second this choice. It is likely to be a very tight affair (hence the odds). By my calculations if Sweden win they are sure of at least finishing second, behind Germany, so there is a great deal riding on the game. Perhaps one or other of the Norwich City players will make a decisive contribution.Good luck to all!

[/quote]

I suspect nutty was as much on tenterhooks as I was, with a late winner from the mad genius. And Olsson scored and Elmander (supposedly) feigned a death-threatening injury to get an Austrian sent off.

I was Purple. We called it right in the end but Sid was probably right to swerve the game. Sweden had to win and I just feel that at the very top level the best sides usually manage to get a result one way or another. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I was Purple. We called it right in the end but Sid was probably right to swerve the game. Sweden had to win and I just feel that at the very top level the best sides usually manage to get a result one way or another. 

[/quote]

Except Portugal.

[quote user="Kathy "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] Except Portugal.[/quote]

Yes, but they''re not on top Kathy. They''re just the bit on the side.

Here are this weekends stats. 52 PUPs selected with 40 successful (77%). We gave Hissing Sid 21 games of which 15 won (71%). Hissing Sid then made a great job of his final six only to be hit by a late equaliser in the Portugal game. It was cruel luck but we take it on the chin and move on to next week when NWC is in charge and making the final selections.

After 9 weeks there are now just 7 PUPs left standing with perfect 100% records. I like to see the top of our league so closely contested. It''s a great contest so far this season. Here is the latest table showing those with at least 50% correct from at least half of the available weeks: -

Beauseant 9 9 100%
Kathy 9 9 100%
Meth Canary 9 9 100%
Norfolkbroadslim 9 9 100%
Scooby 9 9 100%
Trent Canary 9 9 100%
Twidio 9 9 100%
Statto 8 8 100%
CD Mullins 8 9 89%
Diesel Doris 8 9 89%
Herman 8 9 89%
Hissing Sid 8 9 89%
I''m A Banana 8 9 89%
NCFCStar 8 9 89%
PurpleCanary  8 9 89%
Vindo 8 9 89%
Swindon 7 8 88%
Hector 6 7 86%
AJ 5 6 83%
Warren Hill 5 6 83%
Davo 4 5 80%
Fonejacker 4 5 80%
Jed Exodus 4 5 80%
1st Wazzock 7 9 78%
City-Til-I-Die 7 9 78%
Cosmic Twin 7 9 78%
GMF 7 9 78%
Graham Humphrey 7 9 78%
Killie Canary 7 9 78%
Norfolkchance1 7 9 78%
Snake-eyes 7 9 78%
Til 1010 7 9 78%
Yankee Canary 7 9 78%
Leedscanary 6 8 75%
Mister Chops 3 4 75%
Blah Blah Blah 5 7 71%
Javier''s Deaf Translator 5 7 71%
Chelle 6 9 67%
Hughesy 6 9 67%
Inch High 6 9 67%
Jellytot 6 9 67%
Mr Angry 6 9 67%
nutty nigel 6 9 67%
NWC 5 8 63%
Splutcho 5 8 63%
Boomer21 4 7 57%
DDD 5 9 56%
gregt 5 9 56%
jb 5 9 56%
Mandie Moo 5 9 56%
Mandie Moo''s Mear Kat  5 9 56%
gravycanaries 4 8 50%
Newcastle Uni Canary 4 8 50%
Newyorkcanary 4 8 50%

I don''t know the answer to that question NBS. He hasn''t appeared all season. I''m hoping he''ll be back soon. A few PUPs have just disappeared like that before. Notably P''boro Canary who suddenly stopped posting one season. We just have to hope they''re ok.

Another poster who stopped posting about 6 months? ago is BlyBlyBabes. He didn''t take part in Rays Funds but he was quite a prolific poster and I guess all we can do is hope he''s ok.

I sincerely hope he''s ok. He was a top picker on here, in fact I think it''s safe to say he was the top picker on here. Year after year he was at the top of the league. He lso got his picks in nice and early without fail and posted I think every week without fail each season. Then he''s just disappeared!

I have a vague recollection that he said he would miss the first half of the PUPs season because he was working away or something? But perhaps I have just imagined that or it was something someone else said as it is something he must have posted on one of the Rays Funds threads for me to have seen it.

Bly''s been away from the forums for longer and I too hope he''s ok.