Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 9

This has been a great effort by everyone so far to get the picks in to give Sid plenty of time to consider. I''m looking for something different and may have found a bit of value with Sweden at home to Austria. Sweden are in good form and have a very good recent record at home in world cup qualifiers. Austria in contrast have a very poor recent away record in world cup qualifiers. If Sweden win this it will go a long way to getting them 2nd place in the group and a play-off spot. Sweden are currently 8/11 with Bill Hill.

Sweden          v          Austria          Home Win

Word of warning : This selection is from the muppet that stated Spurs would only need to score one goal to beat West Ham last weekend!![:$]

Good luck Ian. I really hope the footballing gods are with you this weekend.

Don''t be so hard on yourself nutty. That''s gambling. If everybody agreed and everything went to form all the time there''d be no bookmakers cos they''d be getting filled in every week! As someone once said "we will pick ourselves up and go again"

I know Hector. And I''m not the best picker here by a long way so get it wrong a fair bit. But it was my positive assertion that Spurs only had to score a goal to win! Good job I can see the funny side[:)]

Some great picks so far folks, keep them coming. I''ll be posting the "big 6" around 5.00 tomorrow.

As an aside, just seen on Sky Sports News that Spain v Belarus is in doubt after a generator exploded at the stadium.

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]Some great picks so far folks, keep them coming. I''ll be posting the "big 6" around 5.00 tomorrow. As an aside, just seen on Sky Sports News that Spain v Belarus is in doubt after a generator exploded at the stadium.[/quote]

Sid, are you sure that''s not the Armada setting sail again? Those Latins don''t forget a licking.

I will bravely go for Bosnia-Herzegovina to beat Liechtenstein, and if you can spell both of them without looking them up you''re a better man than me.Best of luck Ian and all PUPs.

I''m going for a home win for Spain v. Belarus.

Just in case this game doesn''t go ahead, exploding generator and all, I''ll go for a home win for Luton Town v. Hyde Utd.

Good Luck, Sid!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Spain vs. Belarus

Home Win.

[/quote]Nutty!!With the above game a 50/50 to go ahead.I''ll change to a Germany Home win. A Win will secure them top spot and a trip to Brazil next year!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ve got Tilly''s selection this week while he''s away at Lanzagrotty[H] (Policing the pool no doubt......)

He''s selected "HOME WIN for SPAIN v Belarus and the best of luck to Hissing Sid and all you PUPs out there"

[/quote]

Good to see you are on the case Nutty and i am Policing the bar not the pool also no bingo but the toilets are immaculate.[;)]

Have met up with Costa Canary for a beer who i PM''d through this messageboard  so just shows what friendships can start by our love of Norwich City.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ve got Tilly''s selection this week while he''s away at Lanzagrotty[H] (Policing the pool no doubt......)

He''s selected "HOME WIN for SPAIN v Belarus and the best of luck to Hissing Sid and all you PUPs out there"

[/quote]

Good to see you are on the case Nutty and i am Policing the bar not the pool also no bingo but the toilets are immaculate.[;)]

Have met up with Costa Canary for a beer who i PM''d through this messageboard  so just shows what friendships can start by our love of Norwich City.

[/quote]

Were we going to tell him if it hadnt gone ahead? [A]

Germany to beat Ireland for me please - no explosions there!Good Luck all pups esp. Hissing Sid.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This has been a great effort by everyone so far to get the picks in to give Sid plenty of time to consider. I''m looking for something different and may have found a bit of value with Sweden at home to Austria. Sweden are in good form and have a very good recent record at home in world cup qualifiers. Austria in contrast have a very poor recent away record in world cup qualifiers. If Sweden win this it will go a long way to getting them 2nd place in the group and a play-off spot. Sweden are currently 8/11 with Bill Hill.

Sweden          v          Austria          Home Win

Word of warning : This selection is from the muppet that stated Spurs would only need to score one goal to beat West Ham last weekend!![:$]

Good luck Ian. I really hope the footballing gods are with you this weekend.

[/quote]

I''ll second this choice. It is likely to be a very tight affair (hence the odds). By my calculations if Sweden win they are sure of at least finishing second, behind Germany, so there is a great deal riding on the game. Perhaps one or other of the Norwich City players will make a decisive contribution.Good luck to all!

Germany for me please.

Good luck to all the Pups, particularly my favourite stalker who will no doubt be shadowing me at the Emirates next week![;)]

Now then all you lovely old PUPs.  It''s great to see so many of our youngsters in International action - http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/youth-internationals-octo-13-1109341.aspx

Now, I think all you groovy chicks will need to sit down first, because former loanee Harry Kane scored for England U21''s![:O]  Not Just once either, he bagged himself a hattrick!!![:O][:O][:O]

Well, the time has arrived. Thanks all for your selections, there was a wide choice and it was tricky to decide what to go for.

After much deliberation though, I''ve gone for 6 from tonights World Cup qualifiers.

7.00 Bosnia v Liechtenstein - Home Win

7.30 Albania v Switzerland - Away Win

7.30 Luxembourg v Russia - Away Win

7.45 Germany v Ireland - Home Win

8.45 Portugal v Israel - Home Win

9.00 Spain v Belarus - Home Win

There you have it. Fingers crossed, and good luck to us all!

Great stuff Sid. This will make tonight even more exciting for us PUPs. All we need is that little bit of luck that we always need to get all six. I hope it comes our way. Nobody deserves their name on Ray''s signature more than you. I''v placed the bet with Bill Hill and the potential return is £20.81 (obviously they don''t return the original stake because this is a free bet like we used to have with Billy). Here are the details : -

11 Oct

2013 - Bosnia v Liechtenstein - Match Betting

(Norfolkch1, Graham, Killie)

Bosnia @

1/33

11 Oct

2013 - Albania v Switzerland - Match Betting

(Wazzy,

Leeds)

Switzerland

@ 10/11

11 Oct

2013 - Luxembourg v Russia - Match Betting

(Herman, Vindo, Trent, Meth)

Russia @

1/12

11 Oct

2013 - Germany v Republic of Ireland - Match Betting

(Sid, Hughesy,Nana, NWC, Beaus)

Germany @

1/6

11 Oct

2013 - Portugal v Israel - Match Betting

(Davo, Mearkat, Chelle, Swindon, Greg)

Portugal

@ 1/6

11 Oct

2013 - Spain v Belarus - Match Betting

(Tilly,

Cosmic, NBS, Scooby, Twidio)

Spain @

1/16

Stake :

£10.00

Estimated

Returns : £20.81

Transaction

Reference:

O/8650662/0000005/F

Free bet redeemed

Good luck Sid and all you PUPs! Let''s hope we are celebrating at the end of the evening[:)]