Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Will the players be taking wage cuts?

I recall from last year that some of the players were due wage increases if we gained promotion. Now that we have been relegated will the players have their wages cut?

Pyro,

As far as i understand it, they are all on a divisional pay contract, as we were in the prem they get paid one wage and as we are now not, then they already have it written down what they will get paid in Div 1.

Part of the ''Prudence with Ambition'' campagin i think.

Chris

[quote]I recall from last year that some of the players were due wage increases if we gained promotion. Now that we have been relegated will the players have their wages cut?[/quote]

After yesterday''s performance they should all have their wages cut!

yeah, they all had it in their contracts that their pay reflected what division we were in. Dont know about Ashton thou

probably, but hopefully they will be back on premiership wages after next season!

possibly but we have gained quite a bit of money through the process so it wont be as damaging as it will be for the saints. Our players werent on as much as they were in the first place

Almost all recent contracts have been based on the division the club is in.The usual proceedure is to pay them X plus bonuses for being in the Premership, different stages in the cups (winning) and even down to first team appearances.Therefore when the club is not in the premiership they don''t get the extra moolah.Might have helped if we could have had a clause based on lost pay related to goals conceded

As far as I understand it''s part of every players contract that if we get relegated they automatically take a pay cut. The club have made it clear we are fine financially so not to much to worry about there...!