Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Well done Jamie Cureton

Who has just scored his 250th professional career goal.

Mostly in the lower leagues but a fantastic achievement

750. Per season.

Waveney, you know how much Wiz loves Cureton? If he sees your post, you''re gone. Thats it. No more love in. Nothing. Better watch yourself.

Has anyone actually seen the goal? I just caught it on Goals on Sunday, it''s an absolute belter!! 35 yard lob on the half volley!!! Wow.

I remember mostly the goal he scored literally after arriving on the pitch against Chelsea (think it was Ashley Wards debut game). He was brought on as a sub at a corner. He ran up to the area the corner came in and he put it in the back of the net..... Crazy.....(As my brain is slightly addled by age, wasn''t the game he dyed his hair the one where we lost due to the Ullathorne back pass and Gunn air kick?)

He did perform consistently for us.

He consistently missed the goal.

Final player to be named in the matchday 16 of our final European match away to Inter Milan in 1993 that is still playing professionally 20 years later - that''s some record. Well done Jamie.

Well done indeed, remembered fondly for his green-haired escapade and less so for missing chance after chance after chance after chance on our way to League One.

If Gunn had left him at Barnsley, he might have missed enough of their chances to help us stay up.....

Still, football was much more exciting then and it led to some of our fans lowest ebb and others favourite season because we won a lot.

Anyway, well done Jamie, a fine record irrespective of the level.

[quote user="flecky76"]Final player to be named in the matchday 16 of our final European match away to Inter Milan in 1993 that is still playing professionally 20 years later - that''s some record. Well done Jamie.[/quote]
Well not really any kind of special record is it, he was just by far the youngest? 

May I just add that in his first season back here his goals actually kept us From relegation........... most of you forget his![:)]