Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Snoddy scores

He also hit the post - from the brief bits of the game I saw he appeared to be playing a much more central role and wore the No. 10 shirt in the game. If he could contiune that form in that position for Norwich he would be a great option - the Croatian commentator said he ''looks like a £100m player, but can''t even get into the Norwich team'' - obvious a little bombastic (and not true about not getting into the team) but sounds like he had an excellent game.

I watched the entire Scotland game last night. What was interesting is that he most definitely played the no 10 "in the hole" role, quite central and just behind Naismith the main striker. I''ve been concerned this season that he''s reduced to being a hard working but one trick pony out wide and other teams have worked out that he''ll always cut inside onto his left foot. He obviously doesn''t have the killer passes that Wes can sometimes produce, but he gave their defence and midfield an uncomfortable time with his aggression and workrate, and also produced some lovely short quick passes around the box with that left foot. He scored a header that he probably shouldn''t have won, and was only denied a second by the keeper making a great save onto the post.

I doubt Hughton will play him there, but it was an eyeopener.

Cafu was not really tested by a poor Croatia side, but organised and led the back four all night - captain of the defence for sure. Whittaker was suspended. Scotland are slightly less pants than they have been, and I''m looking forward to being at the Emirates on Saturday, even though it means setting out at 5am

the celebration was in recognition of his new baby... how anyone could ask him to leave it out is beyond me.

but to the main point, this now produces a problem for the team.

snodds looked simply brilliant last night in the number 10 role, but where does it leave him for us?

we have capable wingers in pilks and redders who can both play either side (although i''d go pilks left.) - but hughtons new midfield three are ever improving and it''s hard to drop either Fer or Howson (the two that go forward to fill the number 10) and tettey is the best option to hold back as he offers the least goal threat.

the only realistic option to drop is Howson, but that would be so amazingly harsh on him.

interesting times ahead!