Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Redmond

Irony:

Norwich winger Nathan Redmond has insisted that there will be no hangover from an on-field shoving match between England Under-21 team-mates Ravel Morrison and Wilfried Zaha. Redmond acted as peacemaker as the pair argued during the 5-0 win over Lithuania last night. "That''s all sorted now. We don''t talk about those things outside the dressing room," he told the Mirror.

Still can''t believe that there is any realistic reason to bench redmond, a regular premier league starter/feature over zaha (a premier league player, yes, but I think far less minutes than redders) and ince, who is still competing in the championship.

unless of course redmond/norwich had requested he only be used as a sub to save him, but I don''t honestly see that myself.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]Still can''t believe that there is any realistic reason to bench redmond, a regular premier league starter/feature over zaha (a premier league player, yes, but I think far less minutes than redders) and ince, who is still competing in the championship. unless of course redmond/norwich had requested he only be used as a sub to save him, but I don''t honestly see that myself.[/quote]

Redmond is a great prospect - but I think there are many getting a little carried away. Zaha and Ince were both the stars in their Championship teams last season - pretty much propelling their respective clubs into the playoffs single handedly. Zaha has over 125 apperances in the Championship, twice as many as Redmond has acheived - Ince is close to 90 games for Blackpool and has a couple of years experience on Redmond.

Redmond can count himself a little unfortunate to be one of 4 very good young wide players currently available to England (including Sterling) and will have to keep proving himself for Norwich to get himself into starting place contention for the U21s.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]Still can''t believe that there is any realistic reason to bench redmond, a regular premier league starter/feature over zaha (a premier league player, yes, but I think far less minutes than redders) and ince, who is still competing in the championship. unless of course redmond/norwich had requested he only be used as a sub to save him, but I don''t honestly see that myself.[/quote]

Redmond is a great prospect - but I think there are many getting a little carried away. Zaha and Ince were both the stars in their Championship teams last season - pretty much propelling their respective clubs into the playoffs single handedly. Zaha has over 125 apperances in the Championship, twice as many as Redmond has acheived - Ince is close to 90 games for Blackpool and has a couple of years experience on Redmond.

Redmond can count himself a little unfortunate to be one of 4 very good young wide players currently available to England (including Sterling) and will have to keep proving himself for Norwich to get himself into starting place contention for the U21s.

[/quote]

Did anyone hear the Boos when he came on, would love to see him prove himself this season and catapult himself into the senior side