Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

"Norwich City fans best in the World" ?

Good news regarding the behaviour of our fans.....BUT, just who has said that City fans are the best in the World? Based on what criteria?

Anyway, got me thinking which club''s supporters are the best, at least in England anyway, and where do you think City fans would come in a league table? I guess we can use the same criteria whoever made up the headline used, there wasnt one, but just for fun.....

Personally I have always been impressed with the supporters of the clubs in the North East of England, Newcastle United and Sunderland who really do seem to have that little bit more intensity than others. Also, even though they are not close to being one of my personal favourites, you cant help but be impressed by Liverpool''s fans, particularly at Anfield, Everton also have that bit of extra intensity and passion too.

Man City too are supporters who I have always thought have a great intensity and loyalty, even before the money....as for Man U, well a large proportion of "plastics", cockney''s and tourists form the bulk of their fanbase so they dont count. London club''s have never impressed me based on the passion and intensity factor and I have over the years watched City play in London at many grounds.

So, even looking through my usual green and yellow tinted specs I have to say that us City fans whilst very loyal supporters, do not consistently demonstrate it by passion shown on the terraces, we certainly have our moments and Carrow Road can create a terrific atmosphere for the size of the stadium, but we do seem to miss the consistent intensity that other supporters generate, perhaps at best we can claim a mid table position. Of course its not just about the matchday noise or the lowest number of arrests........    

Liverpool fans at Anfield are just amazing, been there so many time ith City, wearing colours never an issue and very welcoming and great support to the side.

Worst on my two visits Chelsea, all full of gob outside the ground and quiet inside.

Mostly well-behaved, and my view of the away support when I have come across them for London based games is that they are very, very good ambassadors for the Club and the City.

Not as passionate as some, but Carrow Road has had it''s moments.

A fair few Moaning Minnies inhabit the home stands too, that''s for sure.

Overall 8/10

[quote user="Indy"]

Liverpool fans at Anfield are just amazing, been there so many time ith City, wearing colours never an issue and very welcoming and great support to the side.

Worst on my two visits Chelsea, all full of gob outside the ground and quiet inside.

[/quote]

Seriously Indy? I''ve been there plenty of times with City and experienced something different. Much the same as the Toon and those lovable geordies who''d gob on you as soon as look at you.

If you were to ask the various police forces up and down the land they''d probably agree with Delia that we are the best fans in the world. We travel in huge numbers with very few incidents that would let us down. Of course some call it happy clapping, little ol'' Norwich and tinpot but most are quite rightly proud of our well earned reputation.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

Seriously Indy? I''ve been there plenty of times with City and experienced something different. Much the same as the Toon and those lovable geordies who''d gob on you as soon as look at you.

If you were to ask the various police forces up and down the land they''d probably agree with Delia that we are the best fans in the world. We travel in huge numbers with very few incidents that would let us down. Of course some call it happy clapping, little ol'' Norwich and tinpot but most are quite rightly proud of our well earned reputation.

[/quote]

Taking our own fans out of the equation, I have to goe with my experiences haveing been away to a lot of City games in the past wnd with Oxford too, always found Anfield a great place.

The one time I wnet to Newcastle my mate had his car nicked and we had to get the train back, in the heady days of Keegan at the toon.

Sorry Nutty but Chelsea lot, would not give it up all the way there on the tube, then behind us going to the match and once inside the ground has no atmosphere considering it was Chelsea. Not been to any awya games now for a couple years due to work and family reasons.

There''s no right or wrongs here. It''s how you see it. But let''s be fair, the vast majority of all club''s fans are as good as any. It''s just that our minority of bad apples is smaller than most. Especially Liverpool.

I spent a couple of years working in Newcastle and they are very parochial, also they punch horses.

Horse punch man Barry Rogerson faces jail, judge warns

A man who punched a police horse during clashes after a football match between Newcastle and Sunderland has admitted violent disorder.

Barry Rogerson, 45, of Hartlands, Bedlington, was charged after police and Newcastle fans clashed in the city following the Tyne-Wear derby in April.

The West Yorkshire Police horse, Bud, was not hurt in the attack.

Sometimes I think we may have a higher percentage of embarrassing fans than other clubs. We''re certainly nowhere near "best in the world". Not even best in England.

The thing is, people nowadays class the best fans as the loudest fans and most intimidating etc. BUT, surely the best fans are those who follow their team home and away, no matter how the side is performing, which league they are in or whatever. This is why I class our fans along with sides such as Pompey and Southampton(to a lesser extent) the best in the land, because even through adversity and times of trouble, we have still stuck by the club and helped push them up through the rubble. I have HUGE respect for Portsmouth fans to be honest, just like ours, they have stuck by their side, even now they are in league 2, still have 14/15000 season ticket holders, that''s some going!

Put it this way, how many of these "big" clubs would still be playing in front of packed houses if they went down to League 1?   The chances are there would be a mass exodus of supporters.   So demotion can be a real test of support and Norwich passed that with flying colours.   I went to my first game at Carrow Road just after Paul Lambert arrived and was amazed to say the least.   Since then I''ve even gone to some away games and remain totally impressed by Norwich support

Liverpool is a club full of knobs, supported by a bunch of knobs with the biggest knob of them all playing up front!

Horrible club, Horrible fans...

I would love it if we beat them! love it!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Liverpool is a club full of knobs, supported by a bunch of knobs with the biggest knob of them all playing up front!

Horrible club, Horrible fans...

I would love it if we beat them! love it![/quote]Luis Suarez is the best player in the premier league.

You md bro?

Portland Timbers fans and Sporting KC fans are great.

There are likely fans of teams we''ve never heard of who are terrific but ov erlooked. Anybody been to matches in Sri Lanka or Indonesia?