Sign in to follow this  
Notts Canary

Does Alex Notman deserve a testimonial?

What I am writing does feel particularly harsh and unfair on another person but I’m not really sure he deserves a testimonial. Appreciate his misfortunate was not his fault and assume he worked hard to try to recover and was a positive influence on the dressing room. But what exactly was his contribution on the pitch? He was just a financial drain on the club, who probably received a good pay off when he did leave. Surely testimonials are for people who have excelled or been loyal to the clubs, for instance the testimonial Des Walker is having tonight at forest. I do wish him all the best but surely not at our expense.

its not a testimonial, its a benefit game... and i think ure being a bit harsh. i''ll be there tonight, it should be a fun occasion!

Lets hope that your career is over by 24 and you have to start again.

As mentioned is it a benefit and not a testimonial.  Ask Notman''s Agent if he deserves it. 

Yes he most definatly deserves to have a benefit match as a promising career was cut short by almost certainly stopping the scum from scoring a goal.

All the best Alex in your future career.

Apologies for the technicality u pulled me up, I appreciate it’s a benefit match!! Not sure if I agree about the “promising career” the bloke was rubbish who often when I watched him play (his peak(!!!???) was during the period I had a season ticket) would shirk responsibility and generally look uninterested. Guess on that basis we should have a benefit match for Raymond De Waard!!!

Oh for god sake, its a benefit game! The guy deserves it, he was a good player and the fact you compare him to De Waard is a disgrace!

Not sure what games you were watching with your season ticket but Alex always looked interested to me. He was just unfortunate with injury and we never really saw the best of him. Glad to see your in a charitable mood, I hope nothing bad ever happens to you where you have to start your career over. So much for looking after your own!