Sign in to follow this  
Alfie54

Next six home games

Our next six home fixtures until the end of the year, Cardiff, West Ham, Palace, Swansea, Fulham, Man U.

Looks to me that there are fifteen points there for the taking. What would be an acceptable total?

I Think that everyone would be happy with 11 points from those games and would be ecstatic with 15. I am hoping for 4-1-1 and 13 points but expect the lesser total of 11 to be more realistic.

If 11 points is ''sufficient'' from our next 6 home games - taking us to 18 points post-Christmas, how many points will we accumulate from our remaining 2013 away games - Arsenal - Manchester City - Newcastle - Liverpool - West Brom - Sunderland - that would allow us to pull free from the relegation zone?

So we''re gonna settle for enough points to keep us just above the relegation places. Wow, we''re showing ambition this season.

A relegation battle should never have been on the cards this season.

15,  no less.............11 will just help us get relegated especially with our run in.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]If 11 points is ''sufficient'' from our next 6 home games - taking us to 18 points post-Christmas, how many points will we accumulate from our remaining 2013 away games - Arsenal - Manchester City - Newcastle - Liverpool - West Brom - Sunderland - that would allow us to pull free from the relegation zone?[/quote]

Well, we got 4 points from those away games last season, it''s probably realistic to expect the same this time.  Realistically anything from trips to Arsenal, Man C or Liverpool is a bonus but absolutely possible.  Newcastle, WBA and Sunderland are all teams on a similar level to Stoke, so we need to approach those fixtures in the same way and aim to achieve 3 points.

Also it''s daft to start talking about our tough run-in.  Our 19th game is on 28th December, we''ve then played every team in the Prem once.  Starting 1st January we play them all again, meaning we have a long run of games in January, February, March and the start of April which are all, or virtually all, "winnable".  Followed by a very difficult last 4 or 5 games of the season.  So the time to start assessing how well we''re really doing ahead of that run-in is during February/March.

Of course we want to put together a good run of results now to try to pull away from the relegation zone.  But again being realistic, for any team to win 5 out of 6 home games in a row the Prem is a big achievement, those saying this is the "minimum acceptable" are ones who want to get rid of our manager anyway.

I think we need a minimum 12 points and whatever we can pick up from the away matches particularly Newcastle, WBA and Sunderland. So realistically around 22 points at the half way stage I think.

not sure how many points but we always see at least 1 stupid result over christmas...

another Tw*tting for Man Yoo at Carrow Road would be nice :)

to the question of how that will see us by new year, including the away games...

at least 11 from home - total 18 points.

away games Arsenal - Manchester City - Newcastle - Liverpool - West Brom - Sunderland

Arsenal - honestly anything can happen there. Ozil may be out which will be a real blow to them. and the boys will want something from it after the chelsea disapointment - in reality 0 points, but a draw/win isn''t a crazy thought.

Man city - all depends on how we fair against united in the cup, but reality 0 points. still 18 total.

Newcastle - wouldn''t be upset with a point, but would like all 3, if hughton carries on like he has the last few games it isn''t out of the question. 22 points.

liverpool - the thorn in our sides. I expect a 3-0 loss, and for that to be our worse lost this side of new years - 22 points.

west brom - looking like a tough team to beat this year - would take a draw - 22 points.

sunderland - all of course depending on if Poyet has sh*t the bed (dressing room) yet - but on current form a win is expected - 25 points.

a bit optimistic? maybe. I''m basing this on the progression of redmond, snodders, rvw/hooper and our ever-improving midfield three of howson/tettey/fer.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]If 11 points is ''sufficient'' from our next 6 home games - taking us to 18 points post-Christmas, how many points will we accumulate from our remaining 2013 away games - Arsenal - Manchester City - Newcastle - Liverpool - West Brom - Sunderland - that would allow us to pull free from the relegation zone?[/quote]

My prediction is that we will be on 22/23 points after 19 games and will finish the season on 45/46/47/48/49/50. I''m sorry mystic nutty is unable to be anymore specific but as usual I will put myself out there. Now how about you Highland? You were hopelessly wrong last year so here''s a chance to redeem yourself. If you find you enjoy this prediction malarkey perhaps you''d also enjoy Rays Funds[:^)]