Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Anthony Pilkington's Contract

Expires in 8 months time. In two and a half months time he could, if he wished, arrange a pre-contract with any club outside of the UK to join in June on a bosman. He could also of course run down his contract, and go and join Liverpool, who rumour had it were rebuked when making an offer for him in the summer.
Surely we have offered this man a contract? If we have, then does that mean he is keeping his options open for now? 

I should add that I think he would be a massive loss, and very expensive/difficult to replace. Is our most complete winger when match fit. 

Bit worried by Twichy''s comments about him limping on the touch line at the Irish game.

When fully fit Pilks is one of the best we have, but he does often seem to be carrying a knock.

He did however have an opp close season so there will be some ups and downs before he can become fully fit again!

Dr Crafty, who do you recommend we place him with?

Because neither Lambert or Hughton have brought in a winger who is clearly better.

Redmond will be. Murphy could be even. But Snodgrass is just more consistent, purely down to lack of injuries really. Bennett has his moments but isn''t as influential. A fully fit and in form Pilks is good enough for nearly any PL side. He''s been so stop and start for us, its been impossible for him to work on his biggest weakness, consistency. I''m sure if he started 15/20 games in a row he''d be able to knock out a bit of the habit he''s developed of going missing for large spells.

I think it''d be very very hard to replace Pilks at the moment. In one respect anyway. In another it''d be incredibly easy, just get a winger who isn''t injured for at least a 1/3 of the season.

He''s a very good player and underestimated, if he left I would be severely disappointed.

Hopefully he''ll get a contract signed soon.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]

Although a good player he''s so injury prone that a good offer and a replacement brought in could see him on his way in January.

[/quote]
His 14 goals in 64 games makes him our current top Premier League goalscorer (after Holt left). 
Even Holt only managed 23 in 70.
I struggle to see how people like Stewart Downing become so highly rated and win England caps (0 goals + 0 assists in 36 games the season before last) when Pilkington can go and score 14 in 64 games from the wing and has to resign himself for playing for Ireland.
Rumour is that we turned down an 8 figure offer for him on deadline day, from Liverpool, and he is worth that. But if we lost him for nothing at the end of the season that could prove costly.
I can''t really see who/how we could replace him. Ince will go to a bigger club, Phillips turned out to be a bit overrated, we''d have to go overseas - but will we find a two footed goalscoring left winger? They aren''t exactly easy to find, he is a class above.
I think he could walk into 15 or 16 of the teams in this league. 

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]He''s not underestimated BW, why do you say that?[/quote]
Well Dr Crafty Canary seems to consider him to be easily replaceable. I think he is one of the few truly indispensable members of our squad and if it means making him one of the top three or four best paid at the club then I''d hope the club would do it - if he isn''t already then he should be paid in line with Ruddy, Bassong, Fer, Van Wolswinkel, Snodgrass and Hooper (the players I imagine to be on the best money). 
Because he is the equal of those players, better than Snodgrass when injury free. 

A travesty that his contract has not been resolved. A great player who always seems to be involved when we are doing well. He offers something vital in the 4-2-3-1, a reliable source of goals from the wide position.

He will leave on a free in 8 months time.

Transfer Market website lists Pilkington''s contract including a one year extension so nothing to worry about if the club can just activate this clause.

--- Contract option: one further year.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/anthony-pilkington/profil/spieler_67322.html

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]A travesty that his contract has not been resolved. A great player who always seems to be involved when we are doing well. He offers something vital in the 4-2-3-1, a reliable source of goals from the wide position.

He will leave on a free in 8 months time.[/quote]
I suspect he will leave too, but how do you convince a player to stay at Norwich when Liverpool are knocking on the door?
Even with silly money on the table it is hard to compete with famous clubs like that.
I wonder whether he will regret playing for Ireland though, because if you are English and play for Liverpool you are guaranteed England caps. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Transfer Market website lists Pilkington''s contract including a one year extension so nothing to worry about if the club can just activate this clause.

--- Contract option: one further year.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/anthony-pilkington/profil/spieler_67322.html[/quote]
That''s a relief. Although it is still something to worry about, because if he doesn''t agree a new one he will still be gone in the summer. 

A number of supporters fail to get the facts about the club. The Club not AP has the option to further extend his contract for a further 12 months at the end of this season. Therefore if Liverpool or whoever wish to sign AP they will need to pay the transfer fee. I presume City will get AP to sign new contract before the end of the season as it has done with Bradley and Elliott recently.

I suggest you research a subject before you get the other know nothings agitated, you can readily get the info here.

[quote user="pete"]A number of supporters fail to get the facts about the club. The Club not AP has the option to further extend his contract for a further 12 months at the end of this season. Therefore if Liverpool or whoever wish to sign AP they will need to pay the transfer fee. I presume City will get AP to sign new contract before the end of the season as it has done with Bradley and Elliott recently.

I suggest you research a subject before you get the other know nothings agitated, you can readily get the info here.[/quote]

The first sensible post on this thread

The New Boy (Le Juge) wrote:

Well Dr Crafty Canary seems to consider him to be easily replaceable. 

Can you read? Where, in my post, did I state or even suggest that Pilkington would be easily replaceable or even should be replaced,? However no matter how good a player is if they miss substantial parts of the season through injury regularly then accepting a 10 figure offer, if a suitable replacement can be found, would need to be considered. That doesn''t mean that it actually should happen.   

[quote user="pete"]A number of supporters fail to get the facts about the club. The Club not AP has the option to further extend his contract for a further 12 months at the end of this season. Therefore if Liverpool or whoever wish to sign AP they will need to pay the transfer fee. I presume City will get AP to sign new contract before the end of the season as it has done with Bradley and Elliott recently.

I suggest you research a subject before you get the other know nothings agitated, you can readily get the info here.[/quote]
Pompous Tit II,
You are stating something which has already been stated twice, quite clearly, by previous replies on the thread. 
Sincerely,
Juge.

I''m not so sure if he goes to another prem side he will hold down a place. On form he''s a brilliant player one of our best, but to me he looks like someone who is going to have to manage the after affects of his previous injuries for the rest of his career.

If some club like Newcastle are interested then perhaps we should cash in. (£4-5m?)

It''s a case of "When he''s good, when he''s bad etc." and then we have the injury thing to factor in.

I personally do not feel that Redmond should be nursed as much as some do and we also have to create space for Murphy (s).

My criticism directly aimed at City followers (probably not interested supporters) like you New Boy.

Pilks has been very unlucky with injuries in his time here.

I am not sure we have ever had him 100% fit and probably never seen him at his absolute best. If he could get that sharpness back I think he''d be one of our best, if not our very best, player.

[quote user="pete"]My criticism directly aimed at City followers (probably not interested supporters) like you New Boy.[/quote]
yada yada

Sticks and stones but I am aware of what is going on at my club, suggest you get up to date with club info.

You are a numskull not alone however see post re Whittaker another uniformed poster.

Perhaps you need to get your head together with that other chump Wizard.

[quote user="pete"]Sticks and stones but I am aware of what is going on at my club, suggest you get up to date with club info. You are a numskull not alone however see post re Whittaker another uniformed poster. Perhaps you need to get your head together with that other chump Wizard.[/quote]

Quiet right, god forbid those "well researched posters" ever get it wrong! Long way down from those high horses.