Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

England thread.

Danny Welbeck still managing to fool people into thinking he is a footballer. Astonishing he continues to get away with it.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]Hart

Smalling Cahill Jagielka Baines

Carrick Gerrard

Townsend Rooney Welbeck

SturridgeCome on England![/quote]
We have the least inspiring group of players that I can ever remember lining up for England. 
We have a rubbish national team. 
Not a single world class player, the closest thing that we have to a world class player is Rooney and that is when he can be bothered to turn up. Gerrard might have been near to that level 4 or 5 years ago but his legs are going.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What will the result be tonight?

Infuriating no-show typical of England on the big occasion?

Carrying on the good work of the previous match?

A frustrating draw?

Something else?

A 1-1 draw for me.

I''ve never expected too much from England since Hodgson took over, partly due to the man himself who I consider over-conservative and dated and partly because of the paucity of the current English playing stock, but I do really think that he is getting something remotely resembling a decent team together at last and am up for it tonight.

The most exciting thing about the international set-up is that we seem to have a fresh upsurge of bright young talent coming on to the scene and this despite the fact that English talent is supposed to be being squeezed out by foreign imports.

I very mush include our own Nathan in this, but Berkley, Zaha, Ince and Sterling amongst a few others suggest that the England representation in the international arena is not on it''s last legs as many have predicted.

It will be frustrating to watch and Welbeck will give the ball away 75% of the time, even simple passes will be difficult.

But England will edge it 2-1 after Lewandovski scores first for the Poles. Rooney and Welbeck to score (he''s still sh!t, but a goal laid on a plate for him will convince people he can play football).

BroadstairsR wrote:

P.S. Nathan looking good on the Front Row. ten left.

"What kind of reception did he get?"

I missed his introduction as only remembered to take my seat after he came on.

He played predominantly on the right and has looked clever and dangerous as usual with some top class crosses into the box to boot.

Sounds a bit dead at the Loo as is to be expected and as usual.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Well we looked good last match[/quote]
Yes we tend to look good against nations with a population smaller than that of Norfolk.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Sounds like an away game, it''s a bit surreal.[/quote]

I just hope our players can hack this atmosphere.

The FA have made some cock-ups over the years but selling 18000 tickets to the Poles could top the lot if it goes wrong tonight.

I love people like you Le Juge.

England don''t have a poor team. England have a pretty decent side, plenty of depth, plenty of ability it''s just how that ability is used. We''ve often focused on players like Milner, Barry, Welbeck who are just as much about the effort and giving 100% all game as they are doing anything creative.

Good attacking performance on Friday, nice open game at the moment, allowing the front four and Baines space on the ball to try and make things happen. Been very close a couple times now.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I love people like you Le Juge.

England don''t have a poor team. England have a pretty decent side, plenty of depth, plenty of ability it''s just how that ability is used. We''ve often focused on players like Milner, Barry, Welbeck who are just as much about the effort and giving 100% all game as they are doing anything creative.

Good attacking performance on Friday, nice open game at the moment, allowing the front four and Baines space on the ball to try and make things happen. Been very close a couple times now.[/quote]

Effort and giving 100% aren''t what we need here. In Welbeck and Sturridge we need frontmen who spend less time on their backs than a pair of overworked hookers.

We need strikers who need less than a dozen chances to score to make sure we win this.

At least Rooney looks a little more interested tonight.

And just to get a half time overview of other international fixtures:

Scotland 1-0 up through a Snodgrass goal - so birth of daughter celebrated with a goal!

Hoolahan is sitting on the bench looking on as the Republic of Ireland lead 2-1.

Sweden were 2-1 up but are now 3-2 behind to Germany. Olsson has been yellow carded.

This is a cracking game, but that first half shows how open and susceptible to the counter attack a team can become when they throw so much forward in attack.

Poland could/should have scored, but England could easily have had 2 or 3.

You have to love the way Townsend plays. Much like our Nathan.