Sign in to follow this  

Kick him out City!!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]Mark, no matter how gentle and polite I''d have started this thread the predictable, and with no opinion, replies would still have been the same, I''m quite hardend against them now.[/quote]Is there a gentle and polite way of kicking someone out of the club Wiz? [:^)][/quote]I guess you ask Cureton to do it, knowing he''ll miss his kick...

I''ll ask one final time....it''s ok for the OP to give personal abuse to a player and not expect a reaction?!

I don''t get it

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Herman "]What''s everyone having for their lunch? I''ve treated myself to some mussels.[/quote]

Wrong time of the year, you''ll poison yourself.................

[/quote]

No it isn''t there is an ''R'' in the month!  Not only do you know f all about football, you also know f all about seafood!

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Herman "]What''s everyone having for their lunch? I''ve treated myself to some mussels.[/quote]

[/quote]

No it isn''t there is an ''R'' in the month!  Not only do you know f all about football, you also know f all about seafood![/quote]

I''m afraid poor old Wiz doesn''t know his R''s from his elbows.....

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

No it isn''t there is an ''R'' in the month!  Not only do you know f all about football, you also know f all about seafood!

[/quote]

Go ahead then Horn............. make my day. [:D]

And as I expected, no comment on this threads topic either..............soooo predictable.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

And as I expected, no comment on this threads topic either..............soooo predictable.

[/quote]Your selective vision must be playing up again Wizzo. Why did I never hear you booing and jeering Martin Peters, he did after all admit to cheating to gain a penalty for England from Poland? Do you think we should have signed a known "cheat", did you try to drive him out, is it different because he''s English?This cheating/gamesmanship call it what you will isn''t new and hardly news.

[quote user="Zak Van LegWetter"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Your selective vision must be playing up again Wizzo. Why did I never hear you booing and jeering Martin Peters, he did after all admit to cheating to gain a penalty for England from Poland? Do you think we should have signed a known "cheat", did you try to drive him out, is it different because he''s English?

This cheating/gamesmanship call it what you will isn''t new and hardly news.
[/quote]

I just love your username Zak, brilliant.[Y]

I think we have to face the fact that they are all horrible, dirty cheaters who''s only thought is for themselves. If only there was a way to get rid of these people from our club so that we were left with nice, clean cut team players. Imagine a world that contained such players as err, hold on, I''m sure there''s someone out there, maybe that one who, well no not him, not after that incident. Maybe someone could start at list that we could add to. I did think we could start with Jesus Christ but after his tantrum in the Temple with the Money Lenders it seem that he might not fit the bill.

I''ll start with Ghandi in goal.

Anyone got any further suggestions?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Delia and Sister Wendy could be our two nine-and-a-halves?

[/quote]

You see everyone, this is the type of thinking that made this message board, well done NN. The rest of you, don''t be shy or afraid to show that you too can get together to solve a problem not perpetuate one.

GP that made me smile....I''m fine, its the others.....anyway, was just watching the 1974 England vs Poland qualifier on YouTube, a great match, England played so well and what a player Martin Peters was, and Channon not too shabby either!  Wanted to take a look at his "dive" for the penalty referred to earlier , and for me it was a typical and very common instance of a player making a meal out of a challenge in the box to win a penalty and good on Peters for admitting he took a dive, couldnt see how much contact was made though. For me, its very different to the Elmander case being discussed (well for the most part) on here as Elmander conned the referee by totally fabricating that his opponent had been violent to him, had assaulted him, when nothing at all happened......plus of course we cannot say a bad word against Martin Peters as he is close to or possibly the best player ever to pull on the Yellow & Green shirt, as for Elmander a similar admittance of guilt and an apology would be nice, but not going to happen.  Would recommed to others to watch this game, surprisingly high standard and fast paced, that England team looked so committed to the cause too!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Hitler as striker for me.........look what he did to Poland![:S][/quote]

Now you see, if you can''t be nice and join in with the nice things how do expect to have a nice team of nice players, people will never see you as a nice person if all you do is project horrible things, and we don''t want that for our team or our supporters.

We''re Norwich City and we can do better than this!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Hitler as striker for me.........look what he did to Poland![:S][/quote]

As I recall, he started the engagement by dressing his "players" in the other teams colours and claiming he was under attack.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

GP that made me smile....I''m fine, its the others.....anyway, was just watching the 1974 England vs Poland qualifier on YouTube, a great match, England played so well and what a player Martin Peters was, and Channon not too shabby either!  Wanted to take a look at his "dive" for the penalty referred to earlier , and for me it was a typical and very common instance of a player making a meal out of a challenge in the box to win a penalty and good on Peters for admitting he took a dive, couldnt see how much contact was made though. For me, its very different to the Elmander case being discussed (well for the most part) on here as Elmander conned the referee by totally fabricating that his opponent had been violent to him, had assaulted him, when nothing at all happened......plus of course we cannot say a bad word against Martin Peters as he is close to or possibly the best player ever to pull on the Yellow & Green shirt, as for Elmander a similar admittance of guilt and an apology would be nice, but not going to happen.  Would recommed to others to watch this game, surprisingly high standard and fast paced, that England team looked so committed to the cause too!

[/quote]

Totally different to the great Martin Peters'' dive. Absolutely no different to Tierney''s play acting at Bolton. It''s these double standards that pee people off not their opinion on Elmander''s antics.

"I just love your username Zak, brilliant."

You''re quick enough to pick people up on replying with no substance, but as soon as someone questions you genuinely about the thread but it doesn''t suit your agenda, you do exactly the same.

Priceless.

An interesting distinction for me.

If we take the Rivaldo World Cup playacting, the ball clearly hit him on the legs and he fell to the ground clutching his face.  Most people in England found that pathetic and infuriating (whereas apparently it was viewed as par for the course in Brazil). 

But if a player dives in the box to win a penalty by deliberately falling when challenged or deliberately catching his foot on the defender''s outstretched leg, then he''s also faking an offence to try to get the other side penalised.  What''s the moral difference with Rivaldo ?  Isn''t it just that it''s typically hard to spot a dive, whereas the Rivaldo type playacting is impossible to miss if you have watched the whole incident (so it only works if the Ref doesn''t see what happens initially and just sees him laying on the floor so assumes it must have been bad).

I think the answer is in England we are less tolerant of this sort of cheating so it has to be disguised enough to give a real possibility that it might have been a foul, which is good because anything that reduces the amount of cheating in football has to be a good thing.  But morally I see no difference between deliberately trying to con the ref into giving you a decision, whether you dive in the box when you weren''t fouled, or fall over and pretend you''ve been headbutted like Elmander or Tierney.  What''s the difference ?

Well put ICF, put like that I have to agree, the subtle differences actually dont change the fact that its all cheating at the end of the day. What is required is consistent punishment for these types of offences, already this season we have seen a few yellow cards for "simulation" but many missed and given as penalties. 

Again I will just bring the whole thing back to Tierney who was at best excused and at worst commended where as Elmander is at best criticised and at worst wanted to be driven out of the club. The only difference I can see is one is foreign.  Now if I''ve got that wrong perhaps someone who made that difference, Wiz or anyone else, could explain where I''ve got it wrong.

Even after this thread and many like it, it is amazing some people actually believe wizard is a genuine city fan.

[quote user="QHcanary"]"I just love your username Zak, brilliant." You''re quick enough to pick people up on replying with no substance, but as soon as someone questions you genuinely about the thread but it doesn''t suit your agenda, you do exactly the same. Priceless.[/quote]

Hook, line and zinker![:D]

[quote user="QHcanary"]"Hook, line and zinker!" So you''re finally admitting your trolling?[/quote]

Only to you son................only to you.[^o)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Totally different to the great Martin Peters'' dive. Absolutely no different to Tierney''s play acting at Bolton. It''s these double standards that pee people off not their opinion on Elmander''s antics.

[/quote]Both "simulations".

Wizard, can you please explain which one of the following you fall in to? I believe all the complete opposite. #2 & #3 are definitely way out of your league.

World English Dictionary

wizard (ˈwɪzəd)

— n

1. a male witch or a man who practises or professes to practise magic or sorcery

2. a person who is outstandingly clever in some specified field; expert

3. obsolete a wise man

4. computing a computer program that guides a user through a complex task

— adj

5. informal chiefly ( Brit ) superb; outstanding

6. of or relating to a wizard or wizardry

[quote user="Zak Van LegWetter"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Both "simulations". [/quote]

They are both simulations agreed. But violent conduct is a greater offence than a foul. That''s the difference for me.

But nobody seems to want to explain to me the difference between the Elmander and Tierney incidents. I''ll go further and say from a Norwich point of view Tierney''s was worse because he was representing our club at the time.