Sign in to follow this  

Kick him out City!!

[quote user="Alwyn B"]I don''t contribute to this MB very much and a key reason is the way that threads rapidly degenerate into unpleasant slanging matches and IMO two of the most self-opinionated, vacuously nasty and spiteful posters are Herman and Mr Chops.[/quote]

But you seem to be able to join in quite happily when you feel like it...

@Alwyn.Coming from somebody who just pops up out the blue to slag people off that''s fair praise indeed. FWIW I should imagine more than one or two people find Wiz''s double standards and ''forgetfulness'' amusing some probably find him annoying, either he''s posting just to be controversial or he really is a loony either way when he pops up having another bitch at our club or a member of club staff he''s opened himself up to a bit back IMO so stop feeling sorry for the old fool. This is a norwich city fan board, there are 19 other premier football club and at least two lower league clubs message boards he can (and has been known to) join and bitch about Norwich City Football Club without getting the mick taken out of him. He''s a professional victim don''t be fooled....

Dear  Wiz                       As you know i will stand side by side with you in the good fight against the  Pompous , but on this occasion i cannot agree with you on a football matter, you have called this one totally wrong. It is what is known as premiership nous and we have to embrace it or go under, but i fully recognise you''re right to an opinion and to even change your opinion and the values you hold several times over a period of time (as do many others) if you wish.        Sparty [:D]

Professional victim Zak?

Is that a new category along with inner circlist, fag packet accountant and purist (and many others)?

Wiz, if you are outraged at Elmander because you feel that what he did is unsporting and not the behaviour you would expect of a Norwich City player...?

What about your avatar? "Time to go Chris. Out out out. Now" -using images of our Manager and CE-and, as far as the latter is concerned, in a way he would most certainly object to if he knew about it and saw it.

If you want good conduct and sportsmanship please apply same yourself.

And if you want Elmander removed for what he did then why don''t we sack any of our players who are booked or sent off-after all, they will have received that sanction for cheating-so surely we don''t want that behaviour here either?

I don''t agree with the "if you can''t beat em, join em" mentality when it comes to cheating.

Someone at some point has to take a stand and I wish it was us. You have no business complaining when the opposition does it if you''re fine with our lads doing it.

I didn''t like it when Holty did it, I don''t like it when Snoddy does it and I hope Hughton has a word with Elmander. That being said, we''re nowhere near being the worst.

Premiership nouse my @rse.........maybe had it been done after there having been at least some contact to exaggerate it, which whilst not right I think happens a lot and is sort of understadable...BUT, there was zero contact and it was one of the most blatant examples of a player conning the referee I have every seen. Dont think he should be kcked out of our club for doing it as it happened whilst he was playing for his country, but you would expect the Swedish FA or FIFA to do something about it. He certainly went down in my estimatation over this as it was so deliberate and I see him as a cheat right now, sorry to say.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Premiership nouse my @rse.........maybe had it been done after there having been at least some contact to exaggerate it, which whilst not right I think happens a lot and is sort of understadable...BUT, there was zero contact and it was one of the most blatant examples of a player conning the referee I have every seen. Dont think he should be kcked out of our club for doing it as it happened whilst he was playing for his country, but you would expect the Swedish FA or FIFA to do something about it. He certainly went down in my estimatation over this as it was so deliberate and I see him as a cheat right now, sorry to say.[/quote]

Many thanks for saying this Mark in a calmer and better way than I did.[Y]

Wiz, can you explain why you are apparently outraged by this, but praised Marc Tierney for his "savvy" a couple of years ago after doing exactly the same thing. Is it that this is an opportunity to criticise the current manager in some way and that you thought this was ok under Lambert? Or is it the more worrying explanation that Tierney is English and you only see wrong when it is a foreigner committing the crime?

I eagerly await your response.

[quote user="im spartacus"]Dear  Wiz
                      As you know i will stand side by side with you in the good fight against the  Pompous , but on this occasion i cannot agree with you on a football matter, you have called this one totally wrong. It is what is known as premiership nous and we have to embrace it or go under, but i fully recognise you''re right to an opinion and to even change your opinion and the values you hold several times over a period of time (as do many others) if you wish.        Sparty [:D]

[/quote]

Taken on board Sparty,  and you know I value and respect your opinion above all.[Y]

[quote user="splutcho"]Wiz, can you explain why you are apparently outraged by this, but praised Marc Tierney for his "savvy" a couple of years ago after doing exactly the same thing. Is it that this is an opportunity to criticise the current manager in some way and that you thought this was ok under Lambert? Or is it the more worrying explanation that Tierney is English and you only see wrong when it is a foreigner committing the crime? I eagerly await your response.[/quote]

In my opinion splutcho, Elmander wasn''t using ''savvy'', it was just plain old cheating, oh and btw, Svennson and Fer were/are big favourites of mine so.................

I agree, he shouldn''t have done it, but he did exactly the same as Tierney and Johnson have done for us in the last two years, one of these you praised yourself. So I was just wondering what the difference was?

There is a difference here, albeit very fine, but its key......that is, in last night''s example the Austria player from what I could see showed no intent or made any attempt, be it even half hearted to head butt Elmander, which is not the case in the other examples. Elmander appeared to me to totally manufacture a situation that looked like he had been head butted, I am not saying had there beenany intent it would have been OK, BUT the intent from the opponent even if its slight some how makes the offence a lot less serious if you make a meal of it. 

I feel embarrassed when I see a player do things like this, and when it is a City player, in a World Cup qualifier, I feel even more embarrassed and in fact ashamed.

So ok Wiz may well have gone full blast at this, but in fact what he says has some resonance, it was a disgraceful act, and something that our great club should not be in any way associated with.

So all you guys who jump in to have a go at Wiz, should perhaps explain why our club should accept such unsportsmanlike behaviour and not seek to deal with a player that brings us into disrepute!

It''s not about Wiz it''s about NCFC!!!

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]I feel embarrassed when I see a player do things like this, and when it is a City player, in a World Cup qualifier, I feel even more embarrassed and in fact ashamed. So ok Wiz may well have gone full blast at this, but in fact what he says has some resonance, it was a disgraceful act, and something that our great club should not be in any way associated with. So all you guys who jump in to have a go at Wiz, should perhaps explain why our club should accept such unsportsmanlike behaviour and not seek to deal with a player that brings us into disrepute! It''s not about Wiz it''s about NCFC!!![/quote]

Hooray at last!

Well said Doctor.[Y]

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]I feel embarrassed when I see a player do things like this, and when it is a City player, in a World Cup qualifier, I feel even more embarrassed and in fact ashamed.

So ok Wiz may well have gone full blast at this, but in fact what he says has some resonance, it was a disgraceful act, and something that our great club should not be in any way associated with.

So all you guys who jump in to have a go at Wiz, should perhaps explain why our club should accept such unsportsmanlike behaviour and not seek to deal with a player that brings us into disrepute!

It''s not about Wiz it''s about NCFC!!![/quote]

Doesn''t really bring norwich city fc into disrepute IMO. Can''t say I''m too arsed either way with this one.

We are showing the rest of the PL another way to properly run a football club, why not show some leadership and discipline our players for this type of behaviour!

This is all fine so long as you all show consistency with your views. We expect consistency from the FA and referees after all. I don''t see why Elmander is criticised whilst Tierney and Johnson are excused. Not unless it''s different for those pesky furriners. I don''t see why Suarez is criticised for diving while Hucks is excused. Unless it''s different for those pesky furriners. Is there a pattern emerging....

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]So all you guys who jump in to have a go at Wiz, should perhaps explain why our club should accept such unsportsmanlike behaviour and not seek to deal with a player that brings us into disrepute!

It''s not about Wiz it''s about NCFC!!![/quote]I''ll try, here''s a quick ten explanations off the top of my head.1) He was representing Sweden at the time.2) No disrepute charges have been brought against Elmander.3) Only drama queens believe this has brought us as a club into disrepute. 4) A quick google for news on Elmander reveals a whopping seven stories relating to the incident of which only one  is even main stream media.5) Ref 1) and 2) above therefore any attempt by ncfc to sanction Elmander would be easily rebuffed/overturned  in employment law.6) The club doesn''t need petty point scoring upsetting players/morale etc.7) It''s a pantomime, boo when it happens to us, cheer when we do it to others.8) The OP is either a massive hypocrite or xenophobe.9) It really is all about Wiz.10) Hughton might choose to have a word on the qt at the most. We definitely do not need or want McNally or anyone else posturing for the media that will make the club look bad.

No pattern as far as I''m concerned Nigel! I think it''s just about time that we draw a line in the sand and actually take some action, sounds like the idealism of a naive youth, which I can assure you I am not, but I have had a gut full of this sort of cheating and somebody has to take a lead. Why shouldn''t we show some leadership here, all revolutions have to start somewhere!

Why not draw a line in the sand when a player is wearing our club''s shirt. That would be the logical way for our club to make such a stand surely?

This is far too convenient.

I don''t know about convenient, it''s never going to be convenient to make a stand on this issue.

But yes, it would be a more appropriate when a player is wearing a yellow shirt, this particular incident though looked really cynical and made me very angry.

[quote user="Doctorsleep"]We are showing the rest of the PL another way to properly run a football club, why not show some leadership and discipline our players for this type of behaviour![/quote]So we should discipline a player on loan to us from a Turkish team for an incident in a Swedish international match which Norwich City and the English FA have nothing to do with and no jurisdiction over?Honestly, what do they feed you people?