Sign in to follow this  
Prophet

a analytical comment on why hughton must leave

i wish to make clear my intention is not to cause a flame storm or stir up trouble here but to encourage open debate and exchange of ideas. now that is out of the way lets get started!

i have long admired hughton the man. his demenour and etiquette has been exemplery for the club and this is shown by how the press and public love him. but I believe there is a line to draw between politeness and embarrassment. some of his pre match interviews are cringeworthy, for example calling fulham "a great side" and telling the press that sometimes, we should bow down to some sides mightiness!

now come on hoots, lets not give that impression to the fans. do a lambert, tell the press how you WANT that win so badly. stop referring to the players as ''the players'' as if you are distant from them. call them ''the boys'' or ''the lads'' like lambo did. give them a reason to win for you.

my last point is that of stats. to be specific, wins. we have registered EIGHT wins in 30 games. that is sickening to the core. let that sink in. EIGHT. we never had such a bad run under lambert, he always gave a kick up the arse to the players to get them going again. these statistics also include cup games by the way. i said i would give hughton 5 games into the season to make him change his ways. he hasnt. he has to go now.

feel free to discuss. oh, and my shift button is broken by the way.

And presumably your spelling button and your logic button too?

Have you really not seen an improvement in the last few games?

So, just to clarify, if your shift button is broken how did you manage to type the ! and * symbols?

Obvious Binner is obvious, fo

just to clarify leeds i did not type the star as i presume there is some sort of swear filter on the forum. the exclamation mark was typed through some considerable effort though as my shift button is not broken per se. it is rather just stuck very tight due to milk being spilt on it, i can use though if i push hard enough but its a bit streneous to do it all the time.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Before we carry on with this Prophet what is your other account user name ? [/quote]

I''ve been waiting for that Til, and no, it isn''t me![:|]

There are constant fools who follow such posts and traits follow. 1st Wizard follows up shortly on such (or similar ''Dave from Lowestoft'' scenarios).

Obi Wan said ''Who is the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?''. 1stW sits and trolls and trolls and trolls. He''s had numerous aliases and will fire up a troll to fight his cause of hate against NCFC until he get what he wants - 15 match winning run not conceding a goal, no fouls and goals 50 yards out of the box - but he''d still moan that some jonny foreigner gave a free kick away for his shadow tripping up the lino.

Why do so many pick out the fault that people spell his name wrong all the time??

What are you? English grammar teachers?

OP has good points.

He''s not tough enough to be a premier league manager.

Dog eat dog league. He''s far to nice to be any good

alartz, it''s just about respect. Misspelling a word is one thing, but if you support the club you should be able to spell the name of the manager and it''s just respectful to do so. it''s not like he has some incredibly long Arabic name. it''s quite simple.

"milk being spilt on it".......aah got it......so you are still breast feeding then.....now I understand why you would bother to post such carp!

What makes me laugh is when these posts appear ie hughton must go or drive the bugger out or get him out now!!!! Or so on. The person posting seems to think he will get loads agreeing with him. This NEVER happens and is such a backfire. Have faith in hughton. He has changed the style of play the last few games and we are looking good on the ball. I am fully expecting to lose against arsenal but not worried about being in the bottom 3 as we have started to play attacking football and will win most games against teams around us. Top ten finish is easily on the cards. Oh and f##k lambert.

Last year we were left with no effective strikers (-did Lambert realise that there was going to be struggle?), Ruddy out for a long period, and Bassong missing for crucial games, etc, so the eventual league position was very gratifying. This season, with a lot of new players settling in, we are beginning to see a real improvement in all areas, although Ruddy is not quite back at his best. There have been one or two games which were "what might have been", even Chelsea, but certainly Villa and Hull.

It may be that CH does not have what it takes and eventually has to go, but with things improving and Hooper yet to start a Premiership game, now is not the time for precipitate action.

To date I have been a supporter of hughton but I do find some of the comments on here about Paul Lambert one of our greatest ever managers distasteful

[quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]There are constant fools who follow such posts and traits follow. 1st Wizard follows up shortly on such (or similar ''Dave from Lowestoft'' scenarios). Obi Wan said ''Who is the fool? The fool or the fool who follows him?''. 1stW sits and trolls and trolls and trolls. He''s had numerous aliases and will fire up a troll to fight his cause of hate against NCFC until he get what he wants - 15 match winning run not conceding a goal, no fouls and goals 50 yards out of the box - but he''d still moan that some jonny foreigner gave a free kick away for his shadow tripping up the lino.[/quote]

Seek therapy...........quickly.

Yet again someone on the forum has a different opinion from some of the regular posters and he''s hounded and bullied as a result. Childish

[quote user="Alby"]Yet again someone on the forum has a different opinion from some of the regular posters and he''s hounded and bullied as a result. Childish[/quote]LOL and I bet you actually believe that as well.

[quote user="Prophet"]

my last point is that of stats. to be specific, wins. we have registered EIGHT wins in 30 games. that is sickening to the core. let that sink in. EIGHT. we never had such a bad run under lambert, he always gave a kick up the arse to the players to get them going again. these statistics also include cup games by the way. [/quote]And this my foretelling friend is where your otherwise highly original and informative post falls flat on its face.You see you''ve made the mistake of mentioning win statistics of all games including cup games to "prove" what? that Hughton must go or that Lambert is a better manager, I''m not sure which, not sure that you are sure yourself....Anyway I thought I''d have a look at the stats for the two managers you mention through a complete season they have after all both recently completed one full season as manager of our club in the Premier League so let''s have a look and see..Including Cup matches in 11/12 NCFC under Lambert played 42 competitive matches winning 13 to give a win percentage of 30.95%.Including Cup matches in 12/13 NCFC under Hughton played 44 competitive matches winning 14 to give a win percentage of 31.81%.I''m guessing you are quite young so....

pwnd!(Bet you didn''t see that coming)[:D]