Sign in to follow this  
HampsteadCanary

Encouraging sounds from Hughton and Olsson

Just listening to the pre-match interviews with these two and its sounds like the attitude that we''ve been talking about a lot on here might be changing slightly. Hughton instantly cut the reporter short saying that we''re excited about the game and are relishing the chance of playing a strong Arsenal team. Yes he went on to talk about the ability and depth of the Arsenal squad, but his first reaction was positive, and it made me think that the mood is possibly changing at the club after the last two performances.

Olsson as well was very blunt, saying that he BELIEVED we have a chance of beating them, saying that we have nothing to lose and will go out and play our own game and see what happens. He believes we have match winners in the squad, and that should give us hope as supporters too. Lets hope we see this on the pitch on Saturday, or I''m going to look really stupid!

Here''s hoping we get our first Emirates win after last season''s shambles by the officials...would love to see Bradley Johnson win the game for us with a 25 yard screamer at last!

Al I agree, but haven''t we seen "actions" in the last two games....isn''t Hughton bringing on Redmond in the last 10 mins when we''re drawing at home to Chelsea the kind of substitution we were dreaming of last year? Granted we lost the game, but at least we lost it in style and weren''t completely outplayed and spent the whoe game on the edge of our own penalty area!

I was suggesting that with a bit of a change in mentality, the belief is growing within the squad, and that''s starting to show in the press conferences at last! We want them to be defiant that they can go to Arsenal and win. Maybe we don''t get to see that defiance in the interviews, but that''s the closest thing we''ve seen to them saying we''re going to give it a right good go. Hughton also mentioned making sure we take the good parts from the last two performances, suggesting that he won''t play our old park the bus tactics...

I get the impression that the approach and mood is changing, good on CH, he is learning and developing as a manager.

I have never found CH negative previously during interviews, he plays the game in front of the press like the majority of othe Premier League Managers do. If there is perhaps a little more confidence, then thats understandable, despite our current league position, his team is clearly developing nicely and the style of play is also evolving as the new players start to settle and bed in to the style of play he is trying to produce. As for getting our first Emirates win, that would be absolutely brilliant, particularly as this Arsenal side are on top of their game right now, a tall order but you just never know. OTBC    

Yes, I''d noticed that today. I was very pleased, I''ve never been a critic but neither a fan of Hughtons pre and prior match interviews but they certainly seem to ruffle a few feathers over being ''too negative''. These ones certainly are not IMO.

So where are the 6 long page threads now?