Sign in to follow this  
Oso Butch

Leadership

Frankly, until we get some leadership into the team, we can wave goodbye to automatic promotion next season. 

As elder statesman and club/team captain, Fleming has been woefully lacking in leading the team (by word or example). Yesterday, all he seemed to want to do was take it out on Shackle all the time - Jason at least put in some great interventions, one saving a certain goal.  If Fleming discourages the young lads like that, we''re doomed.  Doesn''t he have a mirror in his house??? Time he rode off into the sunset, taking the following with him:

1. ex-Captain Drury - totally out of his depth almost all season, and absoutely clueless about distributing the ball.  If he wants to stay local, Peterborough beckons (Cambridge having gone down the pan...) 

2. Holt - enough said. My heart sank as he ran on to the pitch yesterday - and not for the first time.  What does Mr W see in him??? The most memorable moment of his performance yesterday was when he made a really sweet pass - one of the best of the game .....sadly, however, it was to the opposition. Thanks for all the hard running Gary, but time''s up, mate. 

3. Francis (another truly pathetic performance yesterday, and no acknowledgement whatever to the loyal supporters after the game... Thanks for nothing, pal) Take the money, Mr W - whatever you''re offered. 

4. Svensson.  Nice bloke - but almost as many air shots for headers over the season as I have in a round of golf... 

I''m assuming Bentley will take himself back to Arsenal where he''ll be lucky to be on the reserves bench...how many times has he either over- or under-hit crosses and corners this season?  It''s his job, for God''s sake - at £8,000 a week, too.  So, farewell, Mr One Trick Wonder... 

In their place, bring in a couple of wise old heads who will inspire the defence and absolutely refuse to let us defend too deeply.  I go back far enough to remember the great Barry Butler at his best.  Oh, for someone anywhere near his leadership qualities.  Anyone got any ideas where we might look? 

remember Malky, the braveheart in our defence. Who now? Personally i think Hux is influentual, as is Ashton if he stays. Green could be captain if he stayed.