Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Hughton out to 'nullify'.

Just read the pinkun pre match comments by Hughton. A lot of praising the opposition but not a lot or anything about us setting out to ''win the game'' or ''having a right good go'' as a certain lambert used to say.

Now I''m not out to compare or criticise the manager after our recent good performances just wondered what people''s thoughts are on his praising the opposition a lot in interviews. Hoping for a good performance today and a few more shots on target!

Contradictory. Compare two managers and then say you''re not going to compare managers.

Anyway he is being honest. I like honesty.

[quote user="First Wizard"]He''s said nothing I didn''t expect.........thats the trouble![:(][/quote]Well now you know how the majority of the forum feels when you pop up.....[:D]

[quote user="Herman "]Good irony Wiz.[/quote]

Herman, the last time I put my ''Hughton Out'' Signature up we won................so who knows about today eh?

People are still using this as stick to beat the man with? Seriously?

It''s meaningless drivel. The kind that every manager spouts before games. He says the same about every team, more or less.

Jesus wept.

First Wizard wrote the following post at 19/10/2013 10:20 AM:

Herman wrote:

Good irony Wiz.

Herman, the last time I put my ''Hughton Out'' Signature up we won................so who knows about today eh?

Just wondering how long it will be before we get Wiz U turn?

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]Just read the pinkun pre match comments by Hughton. A lot of praising the opposition but not a lot or anything about us setting out to ''win the game'' or ''having a right good go'' as a certain lambert used to say.

Now I''m not out to compare or criticise the manager after our recent good performances just wondered what people''s thoughts are on his praising the opposition a lot in interviews. Hoping for a good performance today and a few more shots on target![/quote]
Well he said the same before Chelsea, and if we play like we did against Chelsea then I will be a very happy customer/freeloader today. 

Regardless of what he said, for me its clear, to try and have a go at Arsenal at The Emirates would be suicidal and would be asking for trouble, particularly early doors. Having seen most of their games in full this season, they have been at there most dangerous when they have been given space and when the opposition has "had a go" or taken the game to them. That doesnt mean you have to be totally defensive, but certainly let them come onto you a bit, work really hard closing them down, defend well, very well and then be bright enough to be patient and hit them on the break when you can, plus ensure you are very decent on what set pieces you get where you can deliver into the box, which is perhaps a slight Arsenal weakness.  With Ozil this Arsenal team are different gravy to the team we should have beaten last year....oh, and it will help us this time if we dont get what appeared to be corrupt officials last time!!

[quote user="First Wizard"]He''s said nothing I didn''t expect.........thats the trouble![:(][/quote]Nor have you. [:S]

i wouldn''t mind an ultra defensive performance if we were actually any good at defending and  came away with a point, trouble is we usually sit on the edge of our penalty area awaiting our fate when we set up like that and lose anyway.

Nullify eh? Why isn''t Houghton making us want to win? Why not use words like crush, maim, exterminate or destroy?

I WANT LAMBERT BACK

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]He''s said nothing I didn''t expect.........thats the trouble![:(][/quote]

Nor have you. [:S]
[/quote]

Pot, kettle....................and black.

Come on City shove it up Wenger.

He doesn''t seem to like mind games. He is honest. Far better that he says nothing about the approach he will adopt - that''s for the dressing room and training field, rather than say he will act defensively and not attack, or vice versa. He may be a little deferential towards opposing teams, which is refreshing, rather than an empty boast about tearing them apart.

I am not unduly concerned about his pre-match press conferences, which are admittedly a little repetitive and he probably regrets having to face. I shall judge him by any creativity and imagination he shows in approaching opposing teams and in the subsequent performance, win or lose.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]He''s said nothing I didn''t expect.........thats the trouble![:(][/quote]Nor have you. [:S][/quote]

Pot, kettle....................and black.

Come on City shove it up Wenger.[/quote]

Yeah! Shove it up you Arsene. [:D]

--- Gingerpele: I still don''t understand why you''d want Hughton to go. Can''t think of anyone who''d do a better job...

Many Southampton fans said exactly the same when Nigel Adkins was sacked.

But agreed, Hughton should not be sacked based on our start to the season. If we were sitting in Sunderland or Palace''s position, perhaps things would be different.