Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNewbee

Our strikers are awful under hughton

We have bought some quality and expensive strikers but due to hoots system just cant score!

Cardiff is the tipping point if we don''t win Houghton has to go.

Got to win all our next 3 home games.

If we dont win at least 2 from the 3 next home games I think McNally got a job to do

[quote user="CanaryNewbee"]We have bought some quality and expensive strikers but due to hoots system just cant score! Cardiff is the tipping point if we don''t win Houghton has to go.[/quote]

Having been one of the biggest spenders in Europe over the summer we certainly are not getting value for money. The tactics are the sticking point we have the players but are just not using them to their best.

It doesn''t help having Snodgrass and Pilkington on the wings. Two of the slowest wingers in the league.

[quote user="Local canary"]Only fer howson and ruddy came out if today with any credit. He has to go get McNeil or Malky in[/quote]Both far too old and I''m not convinced either would be a real improvement over the players in the current squad anyway.

Who''s McNeil - is this some guy who''s doing well in your FIFA 14 league?[:P]

I watched the game today and have been a season ticket holder for the last 12 years, last year was probably one of the worst for entertainment but i feel we are making progress and thought we matched Arsenal for much of todays game.

Against lesser opponents today we could well of come away with all three points?

I think we know how our club will do against the top teams. We are building, Hughton has added genuine quality stands head and shoulders against our midfield tettey and Howson are showing they can do a job as our pilky and snoddy.

But if we look at rvw''s comments on signing, two new wingers and attacking midfielder is need. I would agree we still need them or at least two wide players ala Kalou style, lean forwards with pace. I think Redmond has a case to start as he runs at defences and usually towards the centre of defence rather than wide.

If we could get a team where rvw, Redmond and hooper could play in a forward three with hooper and Redmond tracking back a bit we could see something.

But there we go, no surprise as we were playing arsenal. The same problem has been there since the summer, just shows how many players we still need to bring in to meet the expectations of a 10th place finish. I don''t have as high a finish as that with the players we have, but I do believe we are now coming into a game where if we beat Cardiff we will have 10 points, we have to beat the promoted teams. Then our target of 20 points by the end of year is on track.

We have to be at that stage, January will help with new players, but we can start by doing it against Cardiff and trying to establish a run, this month was going to be awful and if we beat Cardiff we have come out pretty well