Sign in to follow this  
Robert911

This is why....

We needed at least 2 or 3 points from the Hull and Villa games. Then we can afford to have a go and lose against Arsenal and Chelsea.

2 or 3 points would have taken us higher in the table and then when we lose to the "big" teams then the affect of the loss is not as severe. Instead we are still stuck in the relegation zone!

[quote user="Robert911"]2 or 3 points would have taken us higher in the table and then when we lose to the "big" teams then the affect of the loss is not as severe. Instead we are still stuck in the relegation zone![/quote]Genius

The simple fact is that Hughton has failed to get the points. He''s made a rod for his own back and all your smart arse comments can''t hide the fact that we sit in the bottom 3 of the table (now on goal difference and not even alphabetically). We can''t beat the crap teams, we now can''t even get anything against a big team. I''m struggling to see where these points are coming from? Our strike force has 1 goal in 8 games between them. Hardly great form.

[quote user="Robert911"]The simple fact is that Hughton has failed to get the points. He''s made a rod for his own back and all your smart arse comments can''t hide the fact that we sit in the bottom 3 of the table (now on goal difference and not even alphabetically). We can''t beat the crap teams, we now can''t even get anything against a big team. I''m struggling to see where these points are coming from? Our strike force has 1 goal in 8 games between them. Hardly great form.[/quote]Have you watched any of the matches?or getting your scores and stats from ceefax?

True a win next week could put us 13th. We still have to win. Points on the board are better than possible points. I honestly believe we have played a hell of a lot better in the last 3 games (and yes I do watch them, some legally and some through nefarious means). It''s just frustrating that we could have, and maybe should have, taken more points from the first 5 games. We wouldn''t then find ourselves in this position chasing the points and needing them more urgently than before. I was stating that he''s made it harder by not getting points where they were easier. And at no point did I say "Hughton Out" in this thread?

[quote user="Robert911"]We can''t beat the crap teams, we now can''t even get anything against a big team. I''m struggling to see where these points are coming from? [/quote]We beat Southampton and Stoke

[quote user="Robert911"]Our strike force has 1 goal in 8 games between them. Hardly great form.[/quote]True, it is a little concerning, but I''m less bothered while the midfield are chipping in (and RvW made the goal for Pilkington against Chelsea) and it will take time for them to settle into the league.