Sign in to follow this  
whistleblower

The Rose (Rupert St) vs Eaton Cottage (Unthank Road) - watch Arsenal game

What a difference between these two - went to the Cottage. pub missed start of game.  Stream was 40 seconds behind real time but for some reason had the real-time sky sports on a screen next to the big screen.. so guess what....when Arsenal scored it was up on the small screen before the stream.  I had already asked the bar manager to turn off the small screen - he refused, some bullsh*t about people gambling wanting to see scores - hey retard that was already on in the back bar,  So after Arsenal scored i left and walked to the Rose on rupert St - what a difference.!!!!! Live satellite from Spain!!! great atmosphere!! thoroughly enjoyed my time in there despite the result. Can someone explain to me the point of watching a stream where any goal will come up on the little Sky Sports screen 40 seconds before your internet stream -- that is mong behaviour lolNever watch football in Eaton Cottage again...

The Eaton Cottage is by far the best pub though.  Better beer, friendlier locals.  I may of course be biased as it is my local.The Rose is one of those pubs people go to before moving on somewhere else.  As much atmosphere as a satellite moon of Jupiter.

I have this problem at work, on our main gantry we have Sky Sports News, which is no good when im watching the City game on a stream. I try and get the lads to have the volume really low and just avoid looking at it.This did once work in my favour though, It was the NCFC-Leeds game at Carrow Road, League one season. Was watching it at home with my housemate (Leeds fan). Geoff Stelling came on the screen saying ''Theres been a goal in the big game in League One'' looked down at our screen and Leeds had a corner, my mate was practically cheering at this point, little did he know we would knock it up the other end and Chrissy Martin would head in. the look on his face was priceless!