Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

so just what does it take????

posted these examples of what people have been saying on here over the last 12 months in another thread:

"we are too defensive - hughton out~!""We are not scoring enough - hughton Out!""we want to be entertained - Hughton out!""We are winning games but its boring - Hughton Out!""we are being entertained but we aren''t winning - Hughton Out!""We are Too Attacking - Hughton Out!"

what exactly do the fans want? we have been playing more entertaining football, its not good enough, we have been more attacking, its not good enough, we have even won games! yet again It''s not been good enough!The big problem with it, imo isn''t Hughton or the players it''s that a large number of fans cannot accept that Lambert has gone...It could be many factors, Lambert''s Ego, the board, anything.. but the fact is we could have had Jose Mourinho come in and the fans still wouldn''t have been happy..Lets open our eyes. the club is a debt free premiership side, with good players (including one of the brightest English Talent’s out there signed for a song), with a reliable and solid foundation to build on and a CEO and Chairman who know what they are doing.would you rather we were QPR, or Portsmouth.. who have been "Entertained" in a few different ways over the last few seasons!All you moaners, you wanted all of the things mentioned above and the team has worked it''s dam hardest to try and achieve it..I ask again, what do you all want? because deep down I think most of you want to be able to move on from the past glories but actually cant...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]posted these examples of what people have been saying on here over the last 12 months in another thread:

"we are too defensive - hughton out~!""We are not scoring enough - hughton Out!""we want to be entertained - Hughton out!""We are winning games but its boring - Hughton Out!""we are being entertained but we aren''t winning - Hughton Out!""We are Too Attacking - Hughton Out!"

what exactly do the fans want? we have been playing more entertaining football, its not good enough, we have been more attacking, its not good enough, we have even won games! yet again It''s not been good enough!The big problem with it, imo isn''t Hughton or the players it''s that a large number of fans cannot accept that Lambert has gone...It could be many factors, Lambert''s Ego, the board, anything.. but the fact is we could have had Jose Mourinho come in and the fans still wouldn''t have been happy..Lets open our eyes. the club is a debt free premiership side, with good players (including one of the brightest English Talent’s out there signed for a song), with a reliable and solid foundation to build on and a CEO and Chairman who know what they are doing.would you rather we were QPR, or Portsmouth.. who have been "Entertained" in a few different ways over the last few seasons!All you moaners, you wanted all of the things mentioned above and the team has worked it''s dam hardest to try and achieve it..I ask again, what do you all want? because deep down I think most of you want to be able to move on from the past glories but actually cant...[/quote]I want Mike Walker, a dodgy strip by Ribero, Chris Sutton starting up front, Robert Chase installed as chairman for life and a cup of tea at Carrow Road to cost 50p again. And I''m gonna hold my breath until I get my way...................

[quote user="The Frisbee Hyena"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]posted these examples of what people have been saying on here over the last 12 months in another thread:

what exactly do the fans want? we have been playing more entertaining football, its not good enough, we have been more attacking, its not good enough, we have even won games! yet again It''s not been good enough!The big problem with it, imo isn''t Hughton or the players it''s that a large number of fans cannot accept that Lambert has gone...It could be many factors, Lambert''s Ego, the board, anything.. but the fact is we could have had Jose Mourinho come in and the fans still wouldn''t have been happy..Lets open our eyes. the club is a debt free premiership side, with good players (including one of the brightest English Talent’s out there signed for a song), with a reliable and solid foundation to build on and a CEO and Chairman who know what they are doing.would you rather we were QPR, or Portsmouth.. who have been "Entertained" in a few different ways over the last few seasons!All you moaners, you wanted all of the things mentioned above and the team has worked it''s dam hardest to try and achieve it..I ask again, what do you all want? because deep down I think most of you want to be able to move on from the past glories but actually cant...[/quote]I want Mike Walker, a dodgy strip by Ribero, Chris Sutton starting up front, Robert Chase installed as chairman for life and a cup of tea at Carrow Road to cost 50p again. And I''m gonna hold my breath until I get my way...................

[/quote]lol! great reply! and ironically probably what many on here think... I can see Canary call in a few years.. "Halllooo... I didn''t get to the game today, not been in 20 years but just want to say I remember the team of 2010... Holt and Tierney... they would have mopped the floor with todays players...moan groan whinge"

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]posted these examples of what people have been saying on here over the last 12 months in another thread:

"we are too defensive - hughton out~!"
"We are not scoring enough - hughton Out!"
"we want to be entertained - Hughton out!"

"We are winning games but its boring - Hughton Out!"
"we are being entertained but we aren''t winning - Hughton Out!"
"We are Too Attacking - Hughton Out!"

what exactly do the fans want? we have been playing more entertaining football, its not good enough, we have been more attacking, its not good enough, we have even won games! yet again It''s not been good enough!

The big problem with it, imo isn''t Hughton or the players it''s that a large number of fans cannot accept that Lambert has gone...

It could be many factors, Lambert''s Ego, the board, anything.. but the fact is we could have had Jose Mourinho come in and the fans still wouldn''t have been happy..

Lets open our eyes. the club is a debt free premiership side, with good players (including one of the brightest English Talent’s out there signed for a song), with a reliable and solid foundation to build on and a CEO and Chairman who know what they are doing.

would you rather we were QPR, or Portsmouth.. who have been "Entertained" in a few different ways over the last few seasons!

All you moaners, you wanted all of the things mentioned above and the team has worked it''s dam hardest to try and achieve it..

I ask again, what do you all want? because deep down I think most of you want to be able to move on from the past glories but actually cant...
[/quote]

Oh, the happy clapper brigade will love this jas.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]posted these examples of what people have been saying on here over the last 12 months in another thread:

what exactly do the fans want? we have been playing more entertaining football, its not good enough, we have been more attacking, its not good enough, we have even won games! yet again It''s not been good enough!The big problem with it, imo isn''t Hughton or the players it''s that a large number of fans cannot accept that Lambert has gone...It could be many factors, Lambert''s Ego, the board, anything.. but the fact is we could have had Jose Mourinho come in and the fans still wouldn''t have been happy..Lets open our eyes. the club is a debt free premiership side, with good players (including one of the brightest English Talent’s out there signed for a song), with a reliable and solid foundation to build on and a CEO and Chairman who know what they are doing.would you rather we were QPR, or Portsmouth.. who have been "Entertained" in a few different ways over the last few seasons!All you moaners, you wanted all of the things mentioned above and the team has worked it''s dam hardest to try and achieve it..I ask again, what do you all want? because deep down I think most of you want to be able to move on from the past glories but actually cant...[/quote]

[/quote]would love to hear your answer Wiz, what does it take?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]posted these examples of what people have been saying on here over the last 12 months in another thread:

"we are too defensive - hughton out~!"
"We are not scoring enough - hughton Out!"
"we want to be entertained - Hughton out!"

"We are winning games but its boring - Hughton Out!"
"we are being entertained but we aren''t winning - Hughton Out!"
"We are Too Attacking - Hughton Out!"

what exactly do the fans want? we have been playing more entertaining football, its not good enough, we have been more attacking, its not good enough, we have even won games! yet again It''s not been good enough!

The big problem with it, imo isn''t Hughton or the players it''s that a large number of fans cannot accept that Lambert has gone...

It could be many factors, Lambert''s Ego, the board, anything.. but the fact is we could have had Jose Mourinho come in and the fans still wouldn''t have been happy..

Lets open our eyes. the club is a debt free premiership side, with good players (including one of the brightest English Talent’s out there signed for a song), with a reliable and solid foundation to build on and a CEO and Chairman who know what they are doing.

would you rather we were QPR, or Portsmouth.. who have been "Entertained" in a few different ways over the last few seasons!

All you moaners, you wanted all of the things mentioned above and the team has worked it''s dam hardest to try and achieve it..

I ask again, what do you all want? because deep down I think most of you want to be able to move on from the past glories but actually cant...
[/quote]

[/quote]

would love to hear your answer Wiz, what does it take?
[/quote]

Imo Jas, Martin O''Neil.

i want us to compete with full hearted risk taking attacking football, players played in their right positions, changes LONG before 70 minutes when its CLEARLY not working, a plan B & Cand most of all, players who can string passes together!ohand new coaching staff

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]posted these examples of what people have been saying on here over the last 12 months in another thread:

what exactly do the fans want? we have been playing more entertaining football, its not good enough, we have been more attacking, its not good enough, we have even won games! yet again It''s not been good enough!The big problem with it, imo isn''t Hughton or the players it''s that a large number of fans cannot accept that Lambert has gone...It could be many factors, Lambert''s Ego, the board, anything.. but the fact is we could have had Jose Mourinho come in and the fans still wouldn''t have been happy..Lets open our eyes. the club is a debt free premiership side, with good players (including one of the brightest English Talent’s out there signed for a song), with a reliable and solid foundation to build on and a CEO and Chairman who know what they are doing.would you rather we were QPR, or Portsmouth.. who have been "Entertained" in a few different ways over the last few seasons!All you moaners, you wanted all of the things mentioned above and the team has worked it''s dam hardest to try and achieve it..I ask again, what do you all want? because deep down I think most of you want to be able to move on from the past glories but actually cant...[/quote]

[/quote]would love to hear your answer Wiz, what does it take?[/quote]

Imo Jas, Martin O''Neil.

[/quote]Ahh that old chestnut. I want Bryan Hamilton.

Those statements are only contradictory if its the same people making them, you haven''t provided any evidence that it is. Different people want different things.Personally I would like to see a more positive, attacking style of football when we play our relegation/midtable rivals, more squad rotation when players are out of form, and some sense of being able to move to a plan B or C when things aren''t going well.It seems we''re slowly making progress on the first two of those things.

Pretty much with you jas, whoever came in after Lambert was on an absolute hiding-to-nothing, and IMO even he would have struggled to emulate his first three years - possibly part of the reason he left.

The simple fact is that we do seem to have found a reasonable formula in the last three games, outplaying Stoke and deserving much more against Chelsea. Losing to Arsenal is hardly something that others won''t do, and we were well in it going into the final ten. The last two matches have had very undeserved unflattering scorelines and I think if we stick with it we''ll come good. Cardiff does feel that bit more important a fixture, though it is by no means a be all and end all Re CH''s future, however much some will try to A&E it so over the next week.

Cant complain about anything from today, we were in the game at 2-1 and he has decided to go for it by bringing Redmond and Hoolahan on. Had he not done this and we had gone on to lose we would have complained that he didnt change it and go for it. With hindsight those subs opened the game up and we go on to take what looks on paper a real hiding. Sometimes you can''t win! What he needs to do now is carry the performances of the last 3 games into the crucial fixtures we have coming up, the next 5 home games are all winnable and should be approached as being that.

My views on Hughton haven''t changed, he''s the wrong man for our club, but I can''t complain with how we played today and the changes he made.  I''d much rather go for it at 2-1 down than be content with a "respectable" defeat.What I don''t understand is why Snodgrass still starts week in, week out.  He''s not offered anything for weeks and today it really showed just how slow he is.  Redmond must be sitting on the bench wondering what he''s got to do.

I agree with this exactly ..................I really don''t get the op [quote user="Matt Juler"]My views on Hughton haven''t changed, he''s the wrong man for our club, but I can''t complain with how we played today and the changes he made.  I''d much rather go for it at 2-1 down than be content with a "respectable" defeat.What I don''t understand is why Snodgrass still starts week in, week out.  He''s not offered anything for weeks and today it really showed just how slow he is.  Redmond must be sitting on the bench wondering what he''s got to do.[/quote]