Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Arsenal match thread

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]Do you think we became defensively weaker because we took Tettey off, which upset our shape?  Since that change was made, we haven''t been able to get the ball.[/quote]agreed.. i think taking Tettey off was the right decision at the time but hindsight is a wonderful thing...we scored with him on the pitch.. at 2-1 perhaps no change was needed?we will never know.

[quote user="Kanadyan Kanary"]Do you think we became defensively weaker because we took Tettey off, which upset our shape?  Since that change was made, we haven''t been able to get the ball.[/quote]

Yes for sure

I am going off football a bit recently its really frustrating matching teams and then the 30 million + guys play a bit at the end.

I amazes me that the premier league is so popular when really nearly all the teams have no chance.

Imagine how good it would be with an NFL style system where each team could have a few years of competing.

We done OK - were we ever going to beat arsenal at home in the form that they are in at the moment.We have to pick our battles and this was not one of them. I think Hull away was a far bigger disappointment than losing 10-1 to Arsenal.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Current bottom 3 will be cut adrift soon, and it will be all over by Feb.[/quote]Mathmatically impossible to get relegated in february I think.. unless we lose every game between now and then?

He doesn''t pick the right team, he doesn''t get results, he doesn''t make it enjoyable to be a Norwich Fan. Hughton Out.

Just more evidence that Hughton has taken us backwards sadly. We look like a minnow on a ''great day out'' when we are away from home now.

Despite the money spent and the higher quality players at our disposal Lambert''s team of two years ago would beat us in a CH v PL contest..

[quote user="Canary"]He doesn''t pick the right team, he doesn''t get results, he doesn''t make it enjoyable to be a Norwich Fan. Hughton Out.[/quote]Enlighten us to what the "right" team is?

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 19/10/2013 4:51 PM:

Norwich or die tryin wrote:

Beat Cardiff or cya Chris

do you base that on our last 2 results or just that one game next week?

It''s based on this season. Two 1-0 wins against Stoke and Southampton from 8 games isn''t good enough.

On a slight plus, we weren''t the only team to capitulate in that second half. Cardiff let in 3 after being level at half time, and Sunderland shipped 4 in one half.

I fear for the home game against Cardiff. We are starting to look a bottom 5 team, we have very little to offer up front.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Just more evidence that Hughton has taken us backwards sadly. We look like a minnow on a ''great day out'' when we are away from home now. [/quote]you didnt watch today did you?for 80 minutes we were as good as them..

I thought we would lose by a two goal margin, so I shouldn''t feel that disappointed that it was a three goal margin instead.I guess the way the team crumbled was the disappointing thing. Arsenal crushed them as and when they felt like it.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Current bottom 3 will be cut adrift soon, and it will be all over by Feb.[/quote]Mathmatically impossible to get relegated in february I think.. unless we lose every game between now and then?[/quote]

Should have said "all over bar the shouting" by Feb. As per Reading and QPR last season.

Bottom line is that this squad simply is not good enough to compete at this level.

Hard luck lads. Dont think we did too much wrong today. Think we just got beat by a better side, simple as that. Totally different game to Tottenham (a game in which people said the same when we lost). Against Tottenham we were meek, frightened and completely ineffective. Today we gave it a good go and at one point equalising looked possible. We were never in the game at Tottenham, but we werent out of this one til the 3rd goal. First and 3rd goals just quality.

Think if we put in that level of performance and that approach throughout the season we''ll pick up enough points.

These games against the top six are bonus matches for us. Nothing expected, but we have to give ourselves a chance of some points. We did that today, but as expected lost to a superior side.

Adopt that approach throughout the season and we should beat enough of the rest to achieve our aim.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Current bottom 3 will be cut adrift soon, and it will be all over by Feb.[/quote]Mathmatically impossible to get relegated in february I think.. unless we lose every game between now and then?[/quote]

Should have said "all over bar the shouting" by Feb. As per Reading and QPR last season.

Bottom line is that this squad simply is not good enough to compete at this level.[/quote]when you spend 9 million pound on a striker who cant even get the ball on target you might be right...

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Canary"]He doesn''t pick the right team, he doesn''t get results, he doesn''t make it enjoyable to be a Norwich Fan. Hughton Out.[/quote]Enlighten us to what the "right" team is?[/quote]Redmond is by far the better player over Snodgrass. He sets the team out too deep, and that lead to Arsenal having too much possession. You want anything out of a game against Arsenal you go there and get in their faces, not drop of and let them do what they want with the ball.

I don''t think we could really expect anything from Arsenal away, or Chelsea at home (these are two top teams). Truth is, we have had a poor start and the next few games will show us where we really are. I suspect we will be in the relegation mix throughout the season. A couple more poor results and Chris could be a gonna. Probably should be a gonna but not because of this defeat. Next week looks massive.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Hard luck lads. Dont think we did too much wrong today. Think we just got beat by a better side, simple as that. Totally different game to Tottenham (a game in which people said the same when we lost). Against Tottenham we were meek, frightened and completely ineffective. Today we gave it a good go and at one point equalising looked possible. We were never in the game at Tottenham, but we werent out of this one til the 3rd goal. First and 3rd goals just quality.

Think if we put in that level of performance and that approach throughout the season we''ll pick up enough points.

These games against the top six are bonus matches for us. Nothing expected, but we have to give ourselves a chance of some points. We did that today, but as expected lost to a superior side.

Adopt that approach throughout the season and we should beat enough of the rest to achieve our aim.[/quote]agreed with every word!

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Thoughts on our defending today?[:^)][/quote] About as good as the quality of posting on here! Why not take a five minute break from moaning, save it for after the whistle and then you can call McV and really make yourself proud.[/quote]

Who''s moaning?  I''m not!  I asked a question, that''s all!

Sounds like you''re the one with the problems buddy.

So, do you care to answer?  Thoughts on our defending today?[:^)]

[/quote] Well ''buddy'' I think you are moaning and to be honest the armchair managers sniping from behind their computer screens gets a touch tiresome and the sheer joy that seems to arise when something goes badly makes me really question the support. As to your question, it has been brilliant which is why we are 4 - 1 down.[/quote]

You ''think'' I am moaning! 

I am feeling anything, but sheer joy, I can assure you.

You really aren''t worth the effort.

There are many posts on this thread being outwardly critical, posts saying sack Hughton or whatever, yet you take great offence at me for stating a fact that we are in the relegation zone!

Do you have a problem with us being in the relegation zone?[:^)]

How many world class players do we have in our team? How many do Arsenal have? We were expected to lose today, away from home. Im just proud that we didnt make it easy for them. At one point a point looked possible, same against Chelsea. A point never looked possible at Tottenham. That is the difference - we have improved massively from earlier in the season

[quote user="Canary"][quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="Canary"]He doesn''t pick the right team, he doesn''t get results, he doesn''t make it enjoyable to be a Norwich Fan. Hughton Out.[/quote]Enlighten us to what the "right" team is?[/quote]Redmond is by far the better player over Snodgrass. He sets the team out too deep, and that lead to Arsenal having too much possession. You want anything out of a game against Arsenal you go there and get in their faces, not drop of and let them do what they want with the ball.[/quote]

Canary, you either didn''t watch the game or your trying to wind us all up, which is it?

Speaking personally, yes I DO have a problem with us being in the relegation zone . Because I really do not think we have enough about us to get out of it . Just cannot see where the necessary wins are going to come from.

" Current bottom 3 will be cut adrift soon, and it will be all over by Feb. Anything other than a comfortable win v Cardiff will be unacceptable and Hughton has to go "

Right - you may have a point about Sunderland, but we are one point behind Fulham, Cardiff, Stoke and West Ham. Cardiff also lost 4-1, Stoke were dead lucky to get a point at home, so yes the pressure is building but no evidence of being cut adrift...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Hard luck lads. Dont think we did too much wrong today. Think we just got beat by a better side, simple as that. Totally different game to Tottenham (a game in which people said the same when we lost). Against Tottenham we were meek, frightened and completely ineffective. Today we gave it a good go and at one point equalising looked possible. We were never in the game at Tottenham, but we werent out of this one til the 3rd goal. First and 3rd goals just quality.

Adopt that approach throughout the season and we should beat enough of the rest to achieve our aim.[/quote]agreed with every word!

[/quote]Yes I hope so.  My only concern is that when we play these teams that we expect to lose against, I would like to see us put in a battling performance to counteract the quality and not give them so much time on the ball.  That requires the right attitude when the players step across the line.  We saw that to some degree today but it took 40 minutes for us to get to that stage. 

Sorry, GMD, where exactly have we"improved massively " from earlier in the season ??? We are still losing games easily, ...in some ways we''ve got worse because we are losing by heavier and heavier margins .

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Sir Humphrey Appleby"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Thoughts on our defending today?[:^)][/quote] About as good as the quality of posting on here! Why not take a five minute break from moaning, save it for after the whistle and then you can call McV and really make yourself proud.[/quote]

Who''s moaning?  I''m not!  I asked a question, that''s all!

Sounds like you''re the one with the problems buddy.

So, do you care to answer?  Thoughts on our defending today?[:^)]

[/quote] Well ''buddy'' I think you are moaning and to be honest the armchair managers sniping from behind their computer screens gets a touch tiresome and the sheer joy that seems to arise when something goes badly makes me really question the support. As to your question, it has been brilliant which is why we are 4 - 1 down.[/quote]

You ''think'' I am moaning! 

I am feeling anything, but sheer joy, I can assure you.

You really aren''t worth the effort.

There are many posts on this thread being outwardly critical, posts saying sack Hughton or whatever, yet you take great offence at me for stating a fact that we are in the relegation zone!

Do you have a problem with us being in the relegation zone?[:^)]

[/quote]

At this point no, performances are improving, we look far more joined up as a team but we have been mugged against top class players and opposition in the last couple of games.

I do however have a problem with people who have a complete lack of perspective, who moan their way through the games and who will never be happy.