Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Arsenal match thread

[quote user="NWC"]Hooper for RVW?? I''m surprised![/quote]
Becchio on bench, RVW must be injured. 

Arsenal v NorwichArsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Wilshere, Arteta, Flamini, Cazorla, Özil, Giroud. Subs:  Vermaelen, Rosicky, Ramsey, Monreal, Fabianski, Bendtner, Jenkinson.---Norwich: Ruddy; Martin, Bassong, Turner, Olsson; Tettey, Fer, Howson; Snodgrass, Pilkington, Hooper. Subs: Bunn, Whittaker, Johnson, Hoolahan, Becchio, Redmond, R Bennett.---The man in charge: Lee Probert

Garrido missing, presumably Olsson is now preferred, with only Whittaker for cover at LB, unless there''s a real jig involving Bennett. It seems that CH is keeping faith with the team who played so well against Chelsea.

It''s hard on Redmond, after how well he has played, but I suppose a fit Pilkington just edges it all-round - shooting, heading defending.

Becchio on bench, RVW must be injuredYes made the post before I saw the bench ..... A toe injury seems really petty for a tough macho footballer, but I knocked the nail off my little pinky once and couldnt walk properly for weeks!

[quote user="Salopian"]

Garrido missing, presumably Olsson is now preferred, with only Whittaker for cover at LB, unless there''s a real jig involving Bennett. It seems that CH is keeping faith with the team who played so well against Chelsea.

It''s hard on Redmond, after how well he has played, but I suppose a fit Pilkington just edges it all-round - shooting, heading defending.

[/quote]
It''s his crossing that I''d include him for. 
With Redmond on the left and Snodgrass on the right both players are cutting in. 
When Pilkington is fit it is Redmond fighting Snodgrass for a starting place in my opinion, because we don''t create enough chances with Redmond on the left and Snodgrass on the right.
We look a much better team with Pilkington in it, and he is our only genuine two footed winger - he''s class really. 

Big day for Hooper then. Hope the midfield give him the service and support he will need.

Their bench really doesn''t look that good... Two players that would have any chance of getting anywhere near a top 6 first team...

Anyway, Hooper to score today?

Arsenal have had about 10 corners in the first 10 minutes. This could be a long afternoon ..........

theres a goal in this for city jsut have to be careful of getting done on the counter attack when pushing forward

some of the passing is dire yet again

decent start before the goal.nothing we could do about such quality.Aresenal look shakey at the back... dare I say we could sneak a point?

We seem to be treating it like a training ground session.  A great chance for Pilkngton to stick it into the box just now, plenty of space, and he plays a misplaced pass.  We need a bit of that ''bravo win or die attitude'', which we can hear from the fans. OTBC

Nicely worked goal on the edge of the area. But there were no challenges or tackles going in. Far too easy for Arsenal to walk up to the edge of our penalty area.