Sign in to follow this  
It was all yellow

Howson

After these last few games, I wonder if Houtghton now regrets playing Howson in a defensive midfield role, just in front of the defence for the majority of his tenure prior? What an idiot.

I''d be feeling like a plum if I were Hughton. I have a feeling Hughton may just resign if we lose to Cardiff next week. Well that''d be the right thing to do anyway.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

I was gonna say! I not too sure how many times he was played in front of the defence, but I know he was rarely played in the advanced role he should have been.

I don''t need too. I saw all bar one game (funnily enough Man.C away).

Howson was not playing as a defensive midfielder. If you think he was you lack serious understanding as to what a defensive midfielder actually is/does.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Thing is Ginger Pele is correct and this is just yet another anti Hughton thread hidden by the subject title, pathetic.[/quote]This

It was all Yellow.

You know you are wrong when CDMullins agrees with me ;) (or at least agrees with someone else agreeing with me).

[quote user="Gingerpele"]It was all Yellow.

You know you are wrong when CDMullins agrees with me ;) (or at least agrees with someone else agreeing with me).[/quote]*Fivefive* Sonny

Far from it. I''m hiding nothing. I was just refering to one particular aspect of his work that disappoints me.

Perhaps you should revisit one or two recent interviews with Howson himself, because he feels that he was previously being asked to play a defensive role!

I guess it depends on what you would describe as BJ''s role in the team, because Howson was playing alongside him for the vast majority of last season.

In fact many people have said that he was being misused in the defensive holding midfield role. In fact even Howson himself made little digs about his lack of opportunity to get forward under last season''s system.

I did wonder what GP was on about as I could recall countless times it was questioned why Howson was deployed along side BJ. I know for sure he wasn''t being allowed to do what he is doing now. The guy is class and along with Pilks is our only real goal threat at the moment. He''s scored more than RVW already haha

So basically, Chris Hughton has now got Howson playing his best football since he joined the club, in a midfield system that looks nicely balanced. But because people are still desperate to castigate Hughton they will now look back to something which happened last year. This man really does have no hope of appeasing some of our supporters.

---- Cambridge Yellow: So basically, Chris Hughton has now got Howson playing his best football since he joined the club, in a midfield system that looks nicely balanced.

Yep, by playing him in his natural position rather than shoehorning him into a defensive role. It only took Hughton a year to work this out.

The howson johnson partnership last season was a disaster for us - simply not up the job that was asked.

Howson is starting to show what he can do for us now he has been moved up to the pitch. His defensive capability is poor and his new role allows him to demonstrate his movement and ball skills without exposing the back 4.

Having said that I was all for taking him off after 30 mins. His movement was poor and he was not tracking their midfielders - I assumed he was winded or struggling with a knock as he was regulalry standing with his hands on his hips. Fortunately he got a second wind and was much stronger in the second half.

I would still like us to sign a competitor for his role though - I think there are better players than Howson at it and I dont think anyone else in the squad can play that now (despite being a huge wessi fans I think that like Fox his days are numbered)