Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

The mentality of Hughton bashers

Why is there always a core of people who thrive on calling for Hughton''s head, criticising everything he does and constantly call for change when there is no need?

Personally, I think a large majority of these people (they need not be named) simply have an agenda against Hughton for not being Lambert. As I said in another thread, I reckon most of the rage is due to a deep seated bitterness and anger towards Lamberts departure. It would certainly explain the Freudian nightmare of some posters heads.

Those of us who have kept an eye on these individuals and not just let previous accusations pass us by, will reliase that these people bring up the same old arguments:

"Hughton is too defensive"

"Hughton attacked when we didn''t mean to"

"Hughton never brings on subs early enough"

"Hughton got lucky with the subs"

"We got beaten by a pub team!"

"We only won because they were on the beach/ tired"

"WE believe that...(speaking on behalf of a group, not an individual)"

So instead of letting the prior match vitriol run through our veins perhaps we should take a step back and look carefully at some posters track record and see if these are the people who know as much as they claim.

By the way, this isn''t a post about criticism of Hughton. I''m fine with that, people deserve it, but only when they need it. It''s the fact that hoots has just played 2 tough games against teams looking to win the league this year and already people are getting on his back.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]Why is there always a core of people who thrive on calling for Hughton''s head, criticising everything he does and constantly call for change when there is no need? Personally, I think a large majority of these people (they need not be named) simply have an agenda against Hughton for not being Lambert. As I said in another thread, I reckon most of the rage is due to a deep seated bitterness and anger towards Lamberts departure. It would certainly explain the Freudian nightmare of some posters heads. Those of us who have kept an eye on these individuals and not just let previous accusations pass us by, will reliase that these people bring up the same old arguments: "Hughton is too defensive" "Hughton attacked when we didn''t mean to" "Hughton never brings on subs early enough" "Hughton got lucky with the subs" "We got beaten by a pub team!" "We only won because they were on the beach/ tired" "WE believe that...(speaking on behalf of a group, not an individual)" So instead of letting the prior match vitriol run through our veins perhaps we should take a step back and look carefully at some posters track record and see if these are the people who know as much as they claim. By the way, this isn''t a post about criticism of Hughton. I''m fine with that, people deserve it, but only when they need it. It''s the fact that hoots has just played 2 tough games against teams looking to win the league this year and already people are getting on his back.[/quote]

Ah, son of pompous squeaks for all the happy clappers onn here.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]Wiz my dear little troll, you are fully aware of my opinion on you, so why bother?[/quote]

Because it gives me great pleasure to out a pompous little toad like you.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]Ha ha! I do love it when idiots start to bite back,it makes things infinitely more interesting.[/quote]

All during the ''WORTHY OUT'' days we suffered your pompous kind on here ..................we won that too.

Wiz, do you even know what pompous means? Or did you just pick it off somebody in the street?

Oops wait, forgot your deaf...

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Bws Cat "]Ha ha! I do love it when idiots start to bite back,it makes things infinitely more interesting.[/quote]

All during the ''WORTHY OUT'' days we suffered your pompous kind on here ..................we won that too.

[/quote]And things just went on from strength-to-strength from then too. Those 3 years after WORTHY was OUTED were brilliant. Maybe you don''t know best after all?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]"at 2-1 down you have a decision to make. Do you stick with what you''ve got or go for it".

What was he thinking at half time when 1-0 down????[/quote]I think the point is at 1-0 down you have a team of 11 players who have failed to score against Arsenal away, at 2-1 the deficit might be the same but you now have a team of 11 players who are empirically proven to be capable of scoring away at Arsenal. We dominated Arsenal for large chunks of the second half and scored a goal, it''s more of a gamble than some people understand to break up such a formation with substitutions.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]The Worthy Out campaign was over and the manager was still in place, you didn''t win anything.

-- A Load of Squit: The Worthy Out campaign was over and the manager was still in place, you didn''t win anything

Nope, it was all too late by the time Worthington was actually shown the door. The money had been spent, the team was awful with star players including Andy Hooze and Gary Donkerty. The board then failed to hire a decent replacement.

Prudence with Ambition... Never forget.

My God...and some accuse Hughton of being predictable !

Why is it that you can be sure as night follows day that when anyone comes on here with a view that is at odds with some of the self appointed senior "experts ", they are immediately accused of being a troll, binner, or some other equally pathetic monniker?

Some of us have other things to do in our lives than post every hour of every day on here. Which means, yes, we post sporadically, particularly when a key issue needs debating . Which does not make us "trolls".

Speaking personally, I''ve been consistent in saying that the end of Nov is crunch time for Hoots . We are looking at needing at the very minimum 7 pts from the intervening games. By then we''d be a third of the way through the season and this would give us 14 pts. If that record was repeated in the remaining two-thirds we might just stay up by the skin of our teeth, Anything les, and we''re down, and that''s why the board would have to act before Xmas.

This is not Hughton bashing; merely simple mathematics.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]-- A Load of Squit: The Worthy Out campaign was over and the manager was still in place, you didn''t win anything

Nope, it was all too late by the time Worthington was actually shown the door. The money had been spent, the team was awful with star players including Andy Hooze and Gary Donkerty. The board then failed to hire a decent replacement.

Prudence with Ambition... Never forget.[/quote]The campaign didn''t get the manager out, it had fizzled out and the manager was still in place.

[quote user="First Wizard"]All during the ''WORTHY OUT'' days we suffered your pompous kind on here ..................we won that too.[/quote]You failed miserably with your "DELIA OUT" though, she''s still there. [:D]

Duncan the OP is clearly a plastic. I don''t think he ever goes near a game if he did he would know why hughton needs to go. How can any one criticise First Wizard what he says on hughton is bang on

[quote user="Local canary"]Duncan the OP is clearly a plastic.[/quote]And you were clearly "Waveney Canary" last week.....

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Local canary"]Duncan the OP is clearly a plastic.[/quote]And you were clearly "Waveney Canary" last week.....[/quote]

Who? Clearly a case of mistaken identity

5 wins in 29, 9th highest spend in Europe, bottom 3.

The OP is right, he''s doing a magnificent job and any criticism is clearly unjustified.

Give him a 10 year contract before he gets snapped up by Barca.

--- A Load of Squit: The campaign didn''t get the manager out, it had fizzled out and the manager was still in place.

Not true at all, the calls for his head continued until he was belatedly shown the door one cold dark midweek mauling from Burnley. Worthy did an excellent job for a good 4 years with us. Sadly his time had run its course long before he left.

It was an prime example of a board being too friendly with the manager. This was after all the same board who begged Brian Hamilton not to quit. Then managed to hire Peter Grant, Glenn Roeder and Bryan Gunn, with the wonderful Jim Duffy in middle as caretaker.

Of course quite a few people still believe he was doing a great job at the time he was sacked. Like your good self.

He does have a poor record....and the last 6 months have been discouraging. The stats are there, simple as. History books will tell the story. We all hope it will change. When you are in.the midst of something it is difficult to see things clearly. Hence the sides taken on this board. The cold stats don''t lie though do they.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- A Load of Squit: The campaign didn''t get the manager out, it had fizzled out and the manager was still in place.

Not true at all, the calls for his head continued until he was belatedly shown the door one cold dark midweek mauling from Burnley. Worthy did an excellent job for a good 4 years with us. Sadly his time had run its course long before he left.

It was an prime example of a board being too friendly with the manager. This was after all the same board who begged Brian Hamilton not to quit. Then managed to hire Peter Grant, Glenn Roeder and Bryan Gunn, with the wonderful Jim Duffy in middle as caretaker.

Of course quite a few people still believe he was doing a great job at the time he was sacked. Like your good self.[/quote]Your grasp of history is very poor, probably due to too much dope, it is one of the known traits, the campaign had died and the manager was still in his job a month after the protests stopped. The loss to Burnley came after the board gave him two games to save himself, he lasted just one.I don''t know where I said that I still believe he was doing a great job, maybe that''s another short term memory problem.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Why let accuracy spoil a good argument - the 9th biggest spenders were A S Roma with £58M, more than twice what we spent.[/quote]

From memory the statistic is that we were the ninth highest NET spenders. In other words we spent a fair amount but didn''t sell anyone of consequence, while Roma, for example, sold Lamela and Osvaldo.

Fair enough Jack, was just quoting what I''d seen elsewhere and didn''t check the accuracy. Where are we then? Not far off there I''d bet.

What about the 5 wins in 29 stat, or the 3rd from bottom stat? Are they wrong too?

Get that 10 year deal inked up sharpish...