Sign in to follow this  
Standard Beagle

Cardiff MUST decide Hughton's future

As I said NN, please give me a date it was posted, and a link to said post, and NO I am not joking!

Thanking you in anticipation.

Thanking you very much - I see it now, not a reference to thiis season at all but last, my you really do have a good memory, but with over 20,000 posts only to be expected! Admirable that you keep such records in case reprisals a re needed. But I am used to it!

Me, I have a problem remembering when I last had a sh**e, which goes with old age!, it wasn''t that your original quote wasn''t good enough NN. Hats off to you, and I hope one day you too get respect for your old age

Keep commanding the message board - it needs your control and input full stop.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Thanking you very much - I see it now, not a reference to thiis season at all but last, my you really do have a good memory, but with over 20,000 posts only to be expected! Admirable that you keep such records in case reprisals a re needed. But I am used to it!

Me, I have a problem remembering when I last had a sh**e, which goes with old age!, it wasn''t that your original quote wasn''t good enough NN. Hats off to you, and I hope one day you too get respect for your old age

Keep commanding the message board - it needs your control and input full stop.[/quote]

It''s always better to climb off a high horse than fall of it. So full marks to ya buddy cuz you only fell a little way. There''s a search facility on this forum which rather negates the need for anyone to keep records. But not sure anyone would keep records if it wasn''t there[:S]

I have no control of this message board. I have input which is mine alone and am quite happy to be judged on that input. I fully respect posters young and old who show respect to the message board. I don''t respect posters of any age who show no respect for the message board. I hope you continue to post on Rays Funds. Posters young and old are part of a team who fully respect eachother.

[quote user="City 2nd"]And for the record Cambridge:

Martin O''Neil win ratio at NCFC aug-dec 1995 46.2%

Manager of Leicester 38.12%

Manager of Celtic 75.53%

Manager of Villa 42.11%

Manager of Sunderland: 35.2%

Overall win ratio of over 51%

Hughton as manager of a NCFC 31.8%

Overall win ratio 42.86% carried mostly in the Championship!

I rest my case!

Yeah, crap manager O''Neil, and I am not advocating he is the man for us! But for sure you know little about him as a manager.[/quote]

If you take out the 75% win rate at a celtic ( hard to lose a game in scotland at that time for celtic) then martin o neills stats are not so diff from CH. Celtic/Rangers stats should never be included in averages as they distort the true performance...even though they are facts..

O''Neill''s stats at Celtic are no less relevant than Hughton''s at Newcastle. Neither were the toughest of assignments were they? Roeder could probably have won that SPL with that Celtic side and the Championship with that Newcastle team.

Ok, maybe not.

That''s an interesting thought Brownie. Would O''Neill''s Celtic have run away with the champs like Hughton''s Newcastle. There is no right answer to this but in my opinion they wouldn''t. Just because a team wins it easily doesn''t mean it''s an easier league. That Championship is probably the most competitive league in the world. All the relegated teams think they will breeze it like Newcastle did. They don''t though. It''s unforgiving and the fixtures are relentless.