Sign in to follow this  
Standard Beagle

Cardiff MUST decide Hughton's future

[quote user="Bilbo Baggins"]The Cardiff game must simply be one that Hughton must win. Weccan''t keep going on like this![/quote]losing to 2 of the best sides in the country in our last 2 games you mean?what did you want from Chelsea and Arsenal?

[quote user="Bilbo Baggins"]The Cardiff game must simply be one that Hughton must win. Weccan''t keep going on like this![/quote]

Oh some happy clappers on here think we can Bilbo.[:S]

The next 5 home games are all games we should be targeting 3 points from, lose to Cardiff and he will have one foot in the grave.

Recent performances have been encouraging, but there is no excuse to take anything less than 3 points from Cardiff. I''m not worried, if we play like we have in our last 3 games we will win comfortably next week :)

[quote user="Bilbo Baggins"]Cardiff MUST decide Hughton''s future[/quote]If it''s all the same to you, I''d rather the Norwich City board decided Hughton''s future.  Otherwise we''re setting a dangerous precedent where our next opponent gets to decide whether our manager should be sacked or not, and that would cause chaos and instability.

][quote user="Bilbo Baggins"]Cardiff MUST decide Hughton''s future[/quote]

Does that mean we''re gonna be getting a 23 year old Lithuanian who was on work experience during the summer as our next 1st team manger?

Why don''t we just toss a coin each week? Heads the manager stays tails he goes... If we do it Saturday after the match that will give us nearly a whole week to find a new manager. Wiz has a long list of people who are better than our current manager I''m sure he''ll be happy to share his knowledge..

[quote user="Zak Van LegWetter"]Why don''t we just toss a coin each week? Heads the manager stays tails he goes... If we do it Saturday after the match that will give us nearly a whole week to find a new manager. Wiz has a long list of people who are better than our current manager I''m sure he''ll be happy to share his knowledge..
[/quote]

Just one name Zak..............Martin O''Neil.

So you want Martin O''Neill who was basically on the brink of taking Sunderland down before he eventually got sacked. He was also unable to defeat a Norwich side at home which played with 10 men for over an hour. In fact Norwich actually looked more dangerous than Sunderland did during that time. Absolute madness.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Can we have Martinez then? Oh, I forgot, he''s not good enough. Change before it''s too late please.[/quote]This is the primary benefit of my plan. It doesn''t matter if they''re not good enough or even completely pants as the most matches they''ll ever be in charge for is one. Don''t tell me there aren''t 38 out of work football managers out there who wouldn''t jump at the chance, Wiz has already very kindly supplied one.

Cambridge Yellow wrote the following post at 2013-10-20 1:53 PM:

So you want Martin O''Neill who was basically on the brink of taking Sunderland down before he eventually got sacked. He was also unable to defeat a Norwich side at home which played with 10 men for over an hour. In fact Norwich actually looked more dangerous than Sunderland did during that time. Absolute madness.

Yes, was on the brink - and NCFC are challenging top 10, just as they did all last season, and now this - with brilliant results all round. Oh and look at that pink elephant flying over there! O''Neil has little to prove in football, as a player and manager was successful full stop. Why judge him on his time with just Sunderland during which most of his tenure he was also nursing a cancer stricken wife!!!

Wise up!

And for the record Cambridge:

Martin O''Neil win ratio at NCFC aug-dec 1995 46.2%

Manager of Leicester 38.12%

Manager of Celtic 75.53%

Manager of Villa 42.11%

Manager of Sunderland: 35.2%

Overall win ratio of over 51%

Hughton as manager of a NCFC 31.8%

Overall win ratio 42.86% carried mostly in the Championship!

I rest my case!

Yeah, crap manager O''Neil, and I am not advocating he is the man for us! But for sure you know little about him as a manager.

So it''s Cardiff now! Before the Stoke game City2nd asked how many points we''d get from our next 5 fixtures. He ranted that in his opinion we''d be lucky to get one point from Cardiff at home. I said I thought we could get 4/5/6. Nobody else thought we would get anymore than 3! Yet here we are with 3 points and City 2nds world has ended. Even though we have far exceeded his expectations.

I had hoped people would judge what was happening on the performance rather than the results. Huge progress has been made in our last 3 matches in comparison to the dross of the Hull and the villa games, we have simply been betrayed by the fixture list.

Happy clapper or not Arsenal are top, Chelsea second and while I would never suggest we accept defeat in both we were simply outclassed despite a really positive showing for stretches of both games.

Now isn''t the time to start making reckless ''sunderland-esq'' decisions, we are finally starting to play good football and yesterday (I was there) I saw norwich control the midfield for several periods of the match, something not many sides will do at the emirates.

Thankfully our board isn''t as reckless, nor blind, as some of the posters on here. Feel free to ridicule or pick this apart, but pretty sure come the end of the season we will be once again comfortable.

Why the personal attack Nutty. Surely I am entitled to my opinion - I gave that opinion, just as you have but did I attack you? In fact you threw down the gauntlet and challenged me to have a go with the Pups. I did as you requested because I am not worried about eating humble pie, after all we all get our opinions wrong - but is it necessary to come on here and lament me after I followed your advice. Or is the fact that my forecast this time was right and sticks in the gullet?

And what is the line ''so it''s Cardiff now'' - the original post is not mine. And I fail to understand ''here we are with 3 points and my world has ended.''

Very often in life ones expectations are exceeded - that''s life. Shame you have little respect for another''s opinions particularly after the friendship you seemed to offer earlier in the week to one of the older generation of supporters. Clearly I was mistaken.

But there''s no personal attack there City2nd. The personal attack came when I was a happy clapper and dared suggest we''d get 4/5/6 points from those games.

As one of the older generation of supporters I''m sure you can remember a time when football didn''t involve supporters with unrealistic expectations.

As for Rays Funds I was pleased you were right. Was going to mention it when I did the stats. Rays Funds is very much a team game and for the moment the accolades are rightfully going to NWC, jb and our team as a whole.

Just to sign off NN, I wasn''t looking for allocades at all, I gave an honest opinion that I had concerning a forthcoming result in the premiership! I was right. I gave an honest opinion I held concerning forthcoming results of NCFC, which at the time you did not agree with. I was wrong and your argument correct. I held no animosity for that.

Yes I am one of the older generation supporters, but I would suggest that as far back as I can go, (1958-59 cup run) there has ALWAYS been expectation, be it unrealistic or rest

realistic. I would suggest that every supporter of every club believes at the start of a season their club will do well, get promoted, win a cup and be a joy to watch and behold!

I come from a long background of city support, my great grandfather, grandfather, dad and mother all supported city, just as my children do, and their children will, and they will always have that speciation. Without it, why are we watching the sport!?

I rightly appreciate that the pups, and you, deserve all the allocades, snd I admire fully what you do, and are striving to achieve. I wasn''t looking for your praise at all regarding my selection, If I had been I would have made comment on the OP. But I realised there are others who have more to shout about than myself, and I respect their opinions, but having taken your lead in joining the pups, I find it distasteful that you should then turn around and have a go at me in your last post. You think it isn''t personal, well that''s not how it feels. As I said the original post was not my own, and nor has my world come to an end! I gave an honest opinion just as I have done since 58-59. From herein I''ll keep them to myself and leave you pups to get on with it.

Well I''m sorry you feel that way City 2nd. However the fact remains that you calling people happy clappers for having a different opinion to you is far more personal than anything that followed it. You have a history of insulting those with a different opinion so I would suggest you look back on that history before you climb back on your high horse.

Personally think Martin O''Neil is a great guy, loved his time here as a player and will never forget the screamer that ensured the win at Anfield. But he is tactically very little different to CH, prefers defensive setups, and rarely takes risk - well that''s also what the fans of Villa and Sunderland think.

[quote user="Zak Van LegWetter"]Why don''t we just toss a coin each week? Heads the manager stays tails he goes... If we do it Saturday after the match that will give us nearly a whole week to find a new manager. Wiz has a long list of people who are better than our current manager I''m sure he''ll be happy to share his knowledge..[/quote]

An even better idea...Democratic football.

Just like on the TV when you have an audience participation show;

Every supporter at the game could have a set of push buttons so they make the team selection, formation,  subs etc. Then at the end of the game a vote on whether the manager should stay or go.

We would then only have ourselves to blame if it all goes wrong.

Personally I think most of the clubs out of the top 6 prefer defensive set ups and rarely take risks. That''s where the premier league is at I''m afraid. 

NN

Find me a post where I have referred to another poster as a happy clapper. I respect everyone''s opinion including yours. Yes I might disagree, but isn''t that what discussion is for? Isn''t that what we call a democracy, freedom of speech? Obviously not. You have NO IDEA of my background and what I stood for and stand for, but I have a good idea of yours.

I will let that be an end to it, your attitude, quite honestly, stinks.

[quote user="City 2nd"]NN

Find me a post where I have referred to another poster as a happy clapper. I respect everyone''s opinion including yours. Yes I might disagree, but isn''t that what discussion is for? Isn''t that what we call a democracy, freedom of speech? Obviously not. You have NO IDEA of my background and what I stood for and stand for, but I have a good idea of yours.

I will let that be an end to it, your attitude, quite honestly, stinks.[/quote]

[quote user="City 2nd"]Not too many of the happy clappers making comment after Villa''s win today means we are only six points off 3rd from bottom, with Everton and Man Utd and Southampton next up! Still very sure of yourselves then after no wins in 9, a cup exit to Luton, and ONE goal in the last 540 minutes played! Let''s be Avin your positives in respect of your admiration of Mr Hughton.[/quote]

Honesty is usually the best policy on here. Now do you want to carry this on?

Well, that was like watching a striker run onto an underhit back pass and tuck it away under the keeper.

That never would have happened under Lambeth.

You are joking me right City2nd? Are there not enough clues in the post for you to be unable to work it out yourself??

It was on the opening post of a thread you started trying to pick a fight with anyone who didn''t agree with your point of view[:|]