Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Thank God For John Ruddy

But I thought that Hughton has made as a far better team defensively!

[quote user="Wazzy van Donkeydangler"]

[quote user="iron_stan"]he will be a chelsea player in january[/quote]

And I for one wouldn''t blame him. Our defence at times is non existent

[/quote]i think its already been doneand yeh good luck to him, dont think anyone would blame him having to play in a hughton team like this, hes a top draw keeper

I for one think Bassong does a lot of strange stuff.

Not the stalwart he once was for us.

Seems to "laxe" and almost careless at times, and is a bit too slow in picking up players.

I agree with Bassong as wellis he injured? if out of form then a decision needs to be made.. drop him might be the lift he needs.

[quote user="JF"]But I thought that Hughton has made as a far better team defensively![/quote]

I would say no.

We seem to be employing this zonal poop which means that teams can at their leisure waltz around our players who are standing so far off them as to be almost not there

Bassong is always limping around even when he is fit, Bennett must be well fu(ked off he was exemplery at stoke and his reward was a place back on the bench, i think a couple of times today it needed to go in row z and we tried to play it out

[quote user="NWC"]If so I expect our club to be 10 million richer!![/quote]

Another ten million in the hands of Chris...the sound of money flushing down the drain and Championship football.

Ruddy could have done better for Ramsay''s goal - he stood still, had time to make the goal a little shorter. 
But some top class saves again no doubt. 

[quote user="The New Boy Le Juge"]Ruddy could have done better for Ramsay''s goal - he stood still, had time to make the goal a little shorter. 
But some top class saves again no doubt. 
[/quote]
I mean "smaller", make the goal smaller. 

Top game from Ruddy.

Maybe agree with TNB on Ramsey''s goal, but the defence shouldn''t have let Ramsey do what the heck he wanted in the box, so can''t hold anything against Ruddy for that really.

Good to see he''s not dwelled on the slightly shaky Chelsea peformance.

And I can''t see why he''d go to Chelsea in Jan. He won''t get ahead of Cech, and I expect Cech might not even be first choice next season. Ruddy won''t be going to a club he''ll never be first choice at. They have Belgium''s number one, a 21/22 year old keeper, who is keeping the very talented Minolet out of the Belgium side. He''s not going to want to be second choice for long, and Chelsea won''t want to lose him. Why would they want to spend big on Ruddy (inflated English cost) when they already have a younger, possibly already better GK out on loan?

As expected Ruddy had to make a few decent saves, but as I said that''s expected when you play away at probably the best club in England at the moment who create so many chances against EVERY team they play at home............next week against Cardiff City he will probably make less saves and be called upon less......as expected...

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

next week against Cardiff City he will probably make less saves and be called upon less......as expected...

[/quote]

I wouldn''t bet on it!

I wouldn''t begrudge Ruddy a move. He is a class act, but looks frustrated and has openly been critical of our style of play. Can''t imagine he''ll leave to sit on the bench somewhere, but this season will almost certainly be the last with us, though a change of manager and approach might help... :)