Sign in to follow this  
I Love Fernando Derveld

Do some of you realise how stupid you are making yourselves sound?

So Hughton was too negative a month ago, he''s got to go. Fast forward a month and we''ve won a very tricky away game, gone for a win when drawing with one of the championship contenders and ending up losing, gone for a point against one of the championship contenders and losing a bit more heavily than we would have done. Now Hughton is an idiot for going for it, we should''ve been more defensive, and if we don''t beat Cardiff he''s got to go. What happens if we do beat Cardiff? Some of you will find another reason that ''he''s got to go''.

We had a very shaky start to the season, but the players have settled into a sting of good performances, and surely a few decent results are going to come our way. It amazes me how people who watch football week in and week out can be so clueless about the game.

In Hughton I trust.

OTBC

It does appear that some people have just got to a stage where they disagree with everything Hughton does.I''m still unsure as to whether he is the man to take us forward as a club, but we have played some very good football during the last 3 games and Cardiff will be the game for me in which we can see if the new style of play will start picking us up pointsBut it does feel like for some fans there is no turning back. He has to go no matter what he does.They just don''t like him and never will.

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"]So Hughton was too negative a month ago, he''s got to go. Fast forward a month and we''ve won a very tricky away game, gone for a win when drawing with one of the championship contenders and ending up losing, gone for a point against one of the championship contenders and losing a bit more heavily than we would have done. Now Hughton is an idiot for going for it, we should''ve been more defensive, and if we don''t beat Cardiff he''s got to go. What happens if we do beat Cardiff? Some of you will find another reason that ''he''s got to go''.

We had a very shaky start to the season, but the players have settled into a sting of good performances, and surely a few decent results are going to come our way. It amazes me how people who watch football week in and week out can be so clueless about the game.

In Hughton I trust.

OTBC[/quote]

^ This.

Recent performances have been a lot better and as you say a very good away victory at Stoke. Big game on Saturday we really need the 3 points before the away game at City. Hopefully we continue to see the performances improve and the results should come, then everyone will be happy weather pro or anti Hughton, we all just want the team to do well. Hopefully that is the way it goes but equally we can''t just bury oour heads if we fail to get the expected points from our next run of fixtures, a run which will define what our season will shape out to be.

Individual good players and some improved team performances do not win you points and that is my worry at this moment in time. If heaven forbid it does go Pete Tong and we remain in the drop zone history will record the points total and there will be no room for an additional column stating '' but NCFC did perform better than 2012/13''.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Individual good players and some improved team performances do not win you points and that is my worry at this moment in time. If heaven forbid it does go Pete Tong and we remain in the drop zone history will record the points total and there will be no room for an additional column stating '' but NCFC did perform better than 2012/13''.[/quote]

Ah but (and this is only my opinion of course TIL!) those improved performances will win more often than not e.g the likes of Stoke, and not get the due rewards against the likes of Chelsea.

We will not go down as the unluckiest team ever, of that I am certain

I''m pro Hughton. I''ve been to all games bar Stoke and Watford away and I have to say that overall I am happy with performances.

Yesterday we could have got the point but he chose to take Pilks and Tettey for Redmond and Wes off WHICH IS WHAT THE FANS AROUND ME WERE CALLING FOR and we got hammered.

Hughton IN.

Yes, fully agree. Some people will simply pick anything they possibly can to stick the knife in to Hughton so to speak, even when it seems they completely contradict themselves from one month to the next.

The fact we were well in both matches against Chelsea and Arsenal, despite losing out to late goals in each, is very encouraging. In fact, I would go so far as to say I am more confident having witnessed the last 3 matches than I was before that, even if we have shipped 7 goals in the last 2.

There''s no doubt that performances have improved massively, and I am completely non-plussed at people who say otherwise.

The acid test is coming up over the next 6 or so games, and I am confident that after them we will be sitting in mid-table.

It''s the Managers job to pick teams, decide formations & plan tactics that will win games and at the moment we aren''t. Cue criticism & rightly so.

And it''s the players jobs to put a corner in properly, not fluff a clearance on the edge of your own box, track your man when he runs from outside his box into yours... Need I go on?

The only sensible line in this posting is the first part of the final paragraph, IS.

There may well be a few people who change views from week to week, but the vast majority of us have been consistent in saying that whether performances have "improved massively" or otherwise, frankly it''s of little consequence if we continue to lose 4 weeks in 5, and, to give CH a fair crack of the whip he must be given until end Nov to prove the doubters wrong.

I have no doubt that if we have 8 or 9 more points on the board by then, we will be seeing a completely different atmosphere on this forum.

But I just wonder if the rose -tinted brigade will have the humility to accept that they were wrong if we gain considerably less than that and CH has paid with his job ?

[quote user="yellow jonny"]And it''s the players jobs to put a corner in properly, not fluff a clearance on the edge of your own box, track your man when he runs from outside his box into yours... Need I go on?[/quote]I agree, but Hughton has now had 8 PL games, 2 cup games, half a dozen pre-season friendlies & 3 months of training to sort that all out and he hasn''t.

You can''t coach mistakes out of players. That''s the difference between championship players that we used to have, premiership players that we have now and world class players like those that tore us a new hole yesterday. As winger says for half the game we matched arsenal but were undone by our own stupid mistakes and the sort of football that norwich only play on a ps3....

Some of our best players are also our worst at times-pills, Wes, snoddy... That is why they play for us and not arsenal

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Individual good players and some improved team performances do not win you points and that is my worry at this moment in time. If heaven forbid it does go Pete Tong and we remain in the drop zone history will record the points total and there will be no room for an additional column stating '' but NCFC did perform better than 2012/13''.[/quote]

What do you expect from our last two games...six points? Of course individual performances and overall good team performances are important because it shows unity,cohesion and good team spirit if we are playing well as a unit it means everything is going well on the training ground!

Hughton the poor sod...he can''t win with you guys can he? If we lose and the performances are dire...he and his coaching staff get crucified and if we fail to pick up 6 points with very good team performances against the title contenders he still gets hung drawn and quartered.

Stop being a Binner and start getting behind the team before it is too late!

Hi Reggie,

So you don''t believe there are some posters who are determined to slate our manager regardless of points and/or performances?

Out of interest, how many points were you expecting out of Stoke away, Chelsea and Arsena awayl? Do you agree that those performances have been consistently better than those in the previous few games? Do you think it is wise to change the management team when there are clear and consistent signs of improvement?

Just trying to establish which of the above you think is not sensible. Also, if we are not doing better in 4-6 weeks, I will be more than happy to admit that my prediction was wrong and that it may well be time to change the management team.

I wonder if those "Hughton outers regardless of results/points/performances" would do the same?

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Individual good players and some improved team performances do not win you points and that is my worry at this moment in time. If heaven forbid it does go Pete Tong and we remain in the drop zone history will record the points total and there will be no room for an additional column stating '' but NCFC did perform better than 2012/13''.[/quote] What do you expect from our last two games...six points? Of course individual performances and overall good team performances are important because it shows unity,cohesion and good team spirit if we are playing well as a unit it means everything is going well on the training ground! Hughton the poor sod...he can''t win with you guys can he? If we lose and the performances are dire...he and his coaching staff get crucified and if we fail to pick up 6 points with very good team performances against the title contenders he still gets hung drawn and quartered. Stop being a Binner and start getting behind the team before it is too late![/quote]

I was going to reply but when I got to the ''stop being a Binner'' I realised I would be wasting my time.

[quote user="yellow jonny"]I also hate Steve jobs and autocorrect on an iPad[/quote]
Is it possible to hate a dead person? 

Don''t take it to heart, Tilly. I regard being accused of being a "Binner" , "Troll", or " Idiot" as tacit acknowledgement that my points carry some value, especially to the half-wits who make such allegations.

As for IS''s perfectly reasonable point, certainly 3 to 4 pts from those fixtures was the minimum I''d have expected. But the point you are missing here is that I have never suggested sacking Hughton now. I, basically, agree with you that he''s got to be given till the end of Nov to get us up the table. And I repeat, that if we are still in the bottom 5 then, well he MUST go.

I really cannot understand what problem the rose-tinted brigade have with us coming and having a moan on this forum. Surely, a private forum like this is precisely the place to voice our dissatisfaction. ? If we were boycotting matches or booing the players , then you''d have a legitimate complaint. But that has not happened so far.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Don''t take it to heart, Tilly. I regard being accused of being a "Binner" , "Troll", or " Idiot" as tacit acknowledgement that my points carry some value, especially to the half-wits who make such allegations. As for IS''s perfectly reasonable point, certainly 3 to 4 pts from those fixtures was the minimum I''d have expected. But the point you are missing here is that I have never suggested sacking Hughton now. I, basically, agree with you that he''s got to be given till the end of Nov to get us up the table. And I repeat, that if we are still in the bottom 5 then, well he MUST go. I really cannot understand what problem the rose-tinted brigade have with us coming and having a moan on this forum. Surely, a private forum like this is precisely the place to voice our dissatisfaction. ? If we were boycotting matches or booing the players , then you''d have a legitimate complaint. But that has not happened so far.[/quote]

Since I first registered on here in 2003, I''ve been waiting for a poster to nail this truth........ruddy well said Reggie. [Y]

Well said, the novelty Jonny (about Saturday, not Jobs etc)

We were complimented by a home supporter as we left the Emirates, he pointed out that we "weren''t s***" and that not many come and sustain that amount of possession against them. Of course, we''d rather scrape 30% possession, nick a dodgy pen and run off with 1-3 points - or say, 56% possession and 4 well-worked team/individual beauties to confirm our top of the league billing. But you can''t have it all.

Agreed Cardiff will be a good test of our brave new world, results-wise.

Fair support from our hordes although Emirates is not now a Stamford Bridge-style library and appears to be able to muster a song unprompted. This is compared to my last visit 2 seasons ago, which I take as a reflection of their change in fortune vis a vis Fergie. A good number of their ST holders who I know gave theirs up last season must be kicking themselves! 60k sell-out against us and they were turning them away at the doors. "There for the Norwich, they''re only there for the Norwich"