Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Alex Tettey

Not had a chance to look at the forum/post since getting back from the Emirates yesterday so sorry if this has been covered before.

Alex Tettey is turning into the player he was seemingly bought into the team for! He and Fer kept their quality midfield very quiet and it was two moments of brilliance that gave them their first two goals. In my opinion we crumbled when we took Tettey off and bought Wes on (cant remember if Wes came on for him so apols) and went looking for the equaliser.If only Pilks had squared THAT chance instead of shooting... Oh well. Onto Cardiff!

completely agree - was a class combination with Fer and has been top notch in every game he has played this season.

Bring on Cardiff

Glad to hear some positive comments I reckon that if tettey hadst been taken off we might have got something.

Repeat the last two performances and we should hopefully beat Cardiff.

CanaryNewbee wrote the following post at 20/10/2013 6:05 PM:

Glad to hear some positive comments I reckon that if tettey hadst been taken off we might have got something.

Repeat the last two performances and we should hopefully beat Cardiff.

But can you imagine this board if no changes were made and we didn''t get that equaliser?

And I fully agree, Tettey and Fer look class together. We need to start producing chances from the wide positions.

Seems odd to take off the holding midfielder for Hoolahan, i''d have probably taken Howson off for him. Tettey is vital to the defensive aspect of our team.

I''d quite like to see him behind Fer and Elmander in a kind of 4-1-2-2-1 formation, Pilks and Snoddy/ Redderz out wide. It''d be a flexible 4-4-2 with Tettey and Elmander dropping deep relative to their positions and Fer and RVW pushing on.