Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Ryan Bennett...

Was very unlucky to be dropped.  I would also give him a game - Bassong has been a little out of form, and perhaps could do with a little jolt to remind him that no-one is guaranteed a starting place.

I have to say, think this lad is far better than Bassong and Turner at present, his form back end of the season and his perfromcance at Stoke was superb.

Would like to see him start this weekend at the expense of Tunrer.

The main problem with Bennett is his distribution is awful - agianst Stoke he kept running forward to the ball to around the half way line and then promptly passed it to a Stoke player. He was lucky it didn''t cost Norwich a goal, that would have been punished much more severly against Arsenal.

He is still behind Turner, who was very solid against Arsenal, and Bassong in my opinion.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]Why has Whittaker been dropped?

Oh because fans fav Russell Martin keeps playing...[/quote]

From what i''ve seen most seem to think Whittaker is miles better....

How can conceding 4 goals and could have been more be classed as Solid Bethnal?

I appreciate your comments and sort of agree with his ditribution, but I still think his all round game is better than Turner, who gets pulled out of position and jumps into tackles too quick, IMO.

[quote user="Indy"]

How can conceding 4 goals and could have been more be classed as Solid Bethnal?

I appreciate your comments and sort of agree with his ditribution, but I still think his all round game is better than Turner, who gets pulled out of position and jumps into tackles too quick, IMO.

[/quote]

Because 2 of the goals were undefendable, maybe more. Arsenal couldn''t regularly get into Norwich''s box, as they like to do with teams, and were mostly forced into long shots. I can''t see how any Norwich fan could have watched the game on Saturday and not say it was a good performance - the difference between the two teams was a £40m, world class attacking midfielder - when we get one of those I''ll moan more about losing at the Emirates.

Who''s moaning about losing?

But solid is word I cannot agree with, even though Arsenal have a very good side bang on form, sorry Bethnal and we did play well for a large part of the game, thanks to Tettey, Howson and Fer.

I agree with Bethnal, Ryan B is a quality player and I''m sure he''ll get even better but his distribution out of defence is poor. Often his headers out seeming nothing short of aimless...much like our "just clear it" headers out of defence under Worthy.