Sign in to follow this  
Mr Angry

Lambert

Yep just three points, one win, between us and Villa......hopefully level on points after next week, one win that''s all it takes this early in the season.

Nah- as much as some Villa fans are worried, they are judging him on what they had before (McCleish), so will stick with him (plus they couldn''t afford to get rid of him yet) whereas we are judging Hughton on our previous managers achievements (2 seasons of which weren''t even in the same League)

Not to pick on one of our players, but if Snodgrass had scored the penalty (or RvW), then Villa would probably be sitting in the bottom three now and we''d be mid table. Which is also why it''s nonsense to call for a manager''s head at this point in the season.

Exactly. Having watched our game, the Newcastle and villa game in a pub in Greece with fans of various teams including a binner the thing that has struck me is that fans of the other teams can''t understand what we are worried/moaning about... We have just been unlucky to be out scored by two teams that will be right at the top this year and arguably both games have been lost by hughton doing what most on here have been asking for and going for it. On both occasions hughton has been let down by our team losing possession in attacking positions and conceding on the counter.. Whilst you can point at the class of the opposition we have been our own downfall in both... Not the manager but the players

I never under stand why people try to compare hughton and the messiah it is like comparing a skoda yeti with am aston Martin db7. Hughton is not on the same planet as lambert. Every fan bar the plastics would kill to go back to those days

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]I''m a big fan of the Skoda Yeti. Now where does that leave me?[/quote]

I know your answer is only going to raise my blood pressure but your connection to ncfc?

[quote user="Local canary"]I never under stand why people try to compare hughton and the messiah it is like comparing a skoda yeti with am aston Martin db7. Hughton is not on the same planet as lambert. Every fan bar the plastics would kill to go back to those days[/quote]

Yes, we are all looking at Lambert''s Villa, and thinking - it could have been us. If only he had stayed it could have been us soaring to 15th place last season. Instead we employed a cr@p manager like Hughton, and slumped to 11th place.

If only.......

My favourite period supporting Norwich was under the messiah the dross we get served up now ( that half apparently love) is nowhere near the same exciting attacking free flowing football!! We finished 11th last season but 5 games from the end we could easily of ended up going down. It does make me laugh when people bring up this 11th placed finish and forget the 5hit we were in not far from the end of season. For what it''s worth I think we''ll go down this season and that 11th place finish will be all we talk about for 2-5 years in the championship

Has anyone else noticed that this season Lambert no longer wears a tracksuit but shirt and tie. Perhaps he thinks that as Villa are a ''big'' club he has to appear more professional in his appearance ala Wenger.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]Has anyone else noticed that this season Lambert no longer wears a tracksuit but shirt and tie. Perhaps he thinks that as Villa are a ''big'' club he has to appear more professional in his appearance ala Wenger.[/quote]

Maybe he is trying to impress an employer at an even ''bigger'' club than Villa. After all he has been there 2 seasons at the end of this one so just remind me how long his average managership tenures were at Livingstone,Wycombe,Colchester and City. [;)]

It was lovely. Every game was exciting. His second half substitutions. The feel good factor walking home. I could never understand a word he said but I knew for certain he had given his all to get the lads to win the game. What a Manager, Best in my 40 years and more of watching Norwich.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]Has anyone else noticed that this season Lambert no longer wears a tracksuit but shirt and tie. Perhaps he thinks that as Villa are a ''big'' club he has to appear more professional in his appearance ala Wenger.[/quote]

Maybe he is trying to impress an employer at an even ''bigger'' club than Villa. After all he has been there 2 seasons at the end of this one so just remind me how long his average managership tenures were at Livingstone,Wycombe,Colchester and City. [;)]

[/quote]

Yep.. he''s saving the step up to the old whistle and flute for Old Trafford....

[quote user="Local canary"]I never under stand why people try to compare hughton and the messiah it is like comparing a skoda yeti with am aston Martin db7. Hughton is not on the same planet as lambert. Every fan bar the plastics would kill to go back to those days[/quote]So, to borrow your own analogy, what the OP is pointing out is that the Aston Martin performed pretty much identical against Spurs at home to the performance of the Skoda at White Hart Lane a few weeks back.After that performance by the Skoda, everyone here wanted to get rid of it. Yet on the above evidence, the Skoda is actually just as good as the Aston Martin.Therefore, either there is a massive flaw in your analogy, or the Skoda Yeti are brilliantly under-priced.

[quote user="Hoopers Winky Fer Goals"]We finished 11th last season but 5 games from the end we could easily of ended up going down. It does make me laugh when people bring up this 11th placed finish and forget the 5hit we were in not far from the end of season. [/quote]If Villa hadn''t scored that very late goal against us they would have gone into the final match of the season against Wigan needing a result to survive in this division. We were far safer last year than Villa ever were. Just saying.

To be honest when Lambert left he did say he had taken us as far as he could, maybe he wans''t having a dig at little old Norwich but looked at himslef as a manager! This is his highest level.

[quote user="Zak Van Hootenooter"][quote user="Hoopers Winky Fer Goals"]We finished 11th last season but 5 games from the end we could easily of ended up going down. It does make me laugh when people bring up this 11th placed finish and forget the 5hit we were in not far from the end of season. [/quote]If Villa hadn''t scored that very late goal against us they would have gone into the final match of the season against Wigan needing a result to survive in this division. We were far safer last year than Villa ever were. Just saying.[/quote]Not to mention that 5 games to go, we were sitting on 35 points, and then went on to beat Reading to move to 38 points with 4 games to go. Wigan were relegated on 36 points, meaning realistically, had we not picked up a single point in the last 4 games, we still would have not been relegated.I know at the time it didn''t feel like it, but all this "5hit" we were in was never really there when you look retrospectively.And to bring it up now is nothing more than nostalgic pant wetting.

It makes me laugh that people talk about the threat of relegation last year, but conveniently forget the 10 match unbeaten run (quarter of a season)

Sadly it turns out that the unbeaten run was a fluke. In fact all of our points last season were either flukes, player rebellions or oppositions having a holiday.

No good keep pining over Lambert.  He couldn''t get out of here quick enough - and he wanted to leave earlier than he did but we managed to keep him a little longer.  That is his way unfortunately, love ''em and leave ''em.  I don''t think anyone will be good enough for some so-called fans, will not be happy unless they are hounding one manager or another out of the club. 

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Will Villa go down this season? No! Will Norwich... meh...[/quote]

Really? I think our performances against Chelsea and Arsenal were better than Villa''s against Spurs. We are improving but we''ve just played 2 teams who will probably finish in the top 4 at the end of the season. We need to continue to play well against the lesser teams.