Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 10

Holland for me this weekend. AZ Alkmaar have a home record of W3 D1 L0 F9 A4 and this includes victories over Ajax and PSV. Sunday''s opponents are not of that standard. Cambuur''s away record is W0 D2 L3 F1 A6.

AZ Alkmaar          v          Cambuur          Home Win

I wonder why this thread is no longer pinned to the top of the board?

Nottingham Forest to beat Bournemouth for me. Good luck NWC and all pickers.

For the ncfc £5 bet Bassong to score maybe? , he always seems the most likely of the unlikely players to score. Good luck jb.

After what can only be classed as a sluggish start Jeff Sterlings men are beginning to put together a run of good performances and with Plymouth visiting Victoria Park with a less than impressive record I suggest the even money on offer would be great value.

Hartlepool V Plymouth Home win 1/1

For the Norwich Bet I suggest both teams to score.

Good luck all.

First round of the Portuguese FA cup this weekend, so several games to choose from. Will go with Sporting Lisbon to beat Alba. This is the equivalent of Chelsea v (Insert name of Conference North team here...)Would have gone for Porto, but they play in the champions league mid-week. Sporting do not so I imagine they will have less rotation.Best of luck all.

Chesterfield to get back to winning ways this week. After a few dissappointing results lately Paul Cook has a fully fit and suspension free squad to pick from and expect them to be to good for burton despite there reasonable away form.

Chesterfield v Burton home win @4/6

Like the look of Snodgrass @ 20/1 ew first goalscorer. That goal for Scotland and the birth of his child could spark his season into life.

Be lucky everybody

I don''t know if anyone has heard the BT Sports radio ads this week for the Newcastle v Liverpool game. They have basically been banging the drum that there are guaranteed goals in this game, siting that there has not been a 0-0 in this fixture since 1974.If that doesn''t warrant a karma 12/1 bet on the scoreless draw, I don''t know what does.

The 16th is fine with me, thanks Nutty.Good luck this week NWC, I''m going to play it safe:Chelsea to beat Cardiff

To the German Regionaliga Bayern Division.Augsburg II to win at home against Rain/Lech.Augsburg II with a 5-1-2 and 19/9 home record, and with four wins and a draw in their last five games.Rain/Lech with a 0-2-6 and 7/19 away record, and four defeats and a draw in their last five.Current odds with Bet365 at 1-5. No odds yet with Hill''s  but they did last night have odds for today''s games in this league, so I suspect they will appear later.---------As to the NCFC bet I see Bet365 list no fewer than 12 Arsenal players as likely first goalscorer before you get to a Norwich possibility. Rather surprised that Szczesny and which ever goalie will be on the bench for Arsenal are not also on that list ahead of RvW...But realistically...the odds of 11-1 on a final score of Arsenal 3 Norwich City 1 look reasonable.Good luck to all!

I''ll go for the strangely long odds of 11/10 for Brighton to beat Yeovil away. Yeovil really are a League 1 team and Brighton should have too much for them.

And as for the Norwich game, how about no cards to be shown at 10/1

OK - here we go, I can deliberate no longer, as I have run out of paper and my scribbling is now almost illegible!!Thanks for all your suggestions and help - apologies for some of these very obvious picks, but its all about raising money. However even I have stayed away from the Sporting Lisbon shot - at 1/50 , eeek!!My lucky 6 are:Premier League - Chelsea to beat CardiffLa Liga - Real Madrid to beat MalagaLigue 1 - PSG to beat BastiaAustria Bundesliga - Salzburg to beat Wacker InnsbruckScotland league 1 - Rangers to beat BrechinWelsh Premier League - TNS to beat Afan LidoA big "Good Luck" to you all especially JB with the ncfc bet, and lets hope we are celebrating both wins come end of play Sunday.

Good luck NWC, sorry I''m late with my pick this wk.I''m going for Peterborough to win at home against Shrewsbury.Good luck pups. [:P]

Late!

Soz!

Nevertheless I will plough ahead and head to Holland.

Eerste divisie where I bravely predict that bottom of the table Oss will lose to De Grafschaap who are a few points off the top.

[quote user="NWC"]OK - here we go, I can deliberate no longer, as I have run out of paper and my scribbling is now almost illegible!!Thanks for all your suggestions and help - apologies for some of these very obvious picks, but its all about raising money. However even I have stayed away from the Sporting Lisbon shot - at 1/50 , eeek!!My lucky 6 are:Premier League - Chelsea to beat CardiffLa Liga - Real Madrid to beat MalagaLigue 1 - PSG to beat BastiaAustria Bundesliga - Salzburg to beat Wacker InnsbruckScotland league 1 - Rangers to beat BrechinWelsh Premier League - TNS to beat Afan LidoA big "Good Luck" to you all especially JB with the ncfc bet, and lets hope we are celebrating both wins come end of play Sunday.

[/quote]

I''m not surprised you ran out of paper buddy. I make that 32 different selections so far! Terrific effort from all you PUPs and what a strong looking final six you''ve come up with NWC! All we need now is that little bit of luck that we always need to make sure everything goes our way.

I''ve placed the bet with Bill Hill and the potential return is £29. Here are the details : -

19 Oct 2013 14:30 - New Saints v Afan Lido - Match Betting

New Saints @ 1/10

19 Oct 2013 15:00 - Chelsea v Cardiff - Match Betting

Chelsea @ 1/4

19 Oct 2013 15:00 - Brechin v Rangers - Match Betting

Rangers @ 1/4

19 Oct 2013 15:00- Real Madrid v Malaga - Match Betting

Real Madrid @ 1/5

19 Oct 2013 15:30- Salzburg v Wacker Innsbruck - Match Betting

Salzburg @ 1/8

19 Oct 2013 16:00 - Paris Saint-Germain v Bastia - Match Betting

Paris Saint-Germain @ 1/4

Stake : £10.00

Estimated Returns : £29.00

All the games are tomorrow afternoon so I''ll be checking the scores on the way home from the Emirates. So as our great friend Statto always says here''s hoping for a Rays Funds win and a City win. Good luck Marcus and all you PUPs[Y]

jb has also made his selections for our NCFC Match Bet....

[quote user="jb"]

hello mate,

going to have to get my norwich bet in early as i might not get the chance later today... so if you could post this at the appropriate time that would be great!

i''m going to go for a split stake - lots of interesting picks to choose from but i''d like to choose:

£4 on over 2.5 goals (hopefully at the right end!)

and a cheeky £1 on Seb Bassong to score any time.

Hope that''s ok, thanks for letting me have a go!

jb

[/quote]

Thank you jb. This will add to the excitement of tomorrow afternoon for us all. I love how you PUPs have found so many interesting ways of placing this bet. I got the best price I could for each bet from each site. So what we have, with an enhanced stake is, £5 on over 2.5 goals with Bet365 at 3/5 and £2 on Seb Bassong to score anytime at 20/1 with Bill Hill.

Strong six there NWC, although I wish people would stop putting my selection in the final pick ;)

And its about time Bassong scored!!

Fingers crossed for both bets this weekend!

Bloody hell how late can I get. I''ll make it short and sweet and also go for a PSG home win please..

Good luck all.