Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Hughton Racist Remarks

I don''t really see anything wrong with what Percy Varco has posted. He''s never said that everyone that wants Hughton out is a racist, that''s quite plainly obvious, so you can drop your faux outrage Wiz.

[quote user="splutcho"]I don''t really see anything wrong with what Percy Varco has posted. He''s never said that everyone that wants Hughton out is a racist, that''s quite plainly obvious, so you can drop your faux outrage Wiz.[/quote]

He suggested that the racist remark was made by a Hughton Outer, plainly, in light of evidence, as it was indeed a binner who posted it...............he should therefore apologise!

But of course it takes a big man to do that.

Here you go Wiz, I apologise for offending any Hughton outers if indeed the remark was made by an 1p5wich fan. Tell me, I get confused, are you a Hughton outer, a binner, or both?  To me reading some of your posts it appears unclear although would point to the latter.

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]Here you go Wiz, I apologise for offending any Hughton outers if indeed the remark was made by an 1p5wich fan.

Tell me, I get confused, are you a Hughton outer, a binner, or both?  To me reading some of your posts it appears unclear although would point to the latter.
[/quote]

Well done and then you went and spoilt it..........   First City game late 1957, and still follow them as best I can, despise Ip5wich FC, even the town itself, it actually smells![+o(]

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Its the mindless morons that have nothing better to do than to throw racist abuse at people who are better than themselves, and this banter site between Ipswich  And us should be shut down, I don''t think I have ever seen a decent bit of banter on there yet, its full of crap and insults.  

[/quote]

Spot on Pete I went on this page once and it was just full of infantile offensive abuse so was not surprised to hear that it had come from there. All I can say is that if that is their version of ''Banter'' then Oscar Wilde, were he alive today, would not fear the competition.

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]But its fine to call Bale a chimp.. Or Rooney Shrek.. Or Peter Crouch a praying mantis.. Its all the same really- comparing someone to something odd that they may partially resemble The above examples are potentially even worse than the Hughton comment IMO, they''re actually picking out that INDIVIDUAL for their impurities/f**king massive ears I understand the club completely for taking the stance they have done, but in my opinion racism has become such a OTT taboo now[/quote]

It is much worse to be picked out as being part of race than it is being picked out as an individual - to think otherwise shows someone that has never been on the end of racist abuse.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]But its fine to call Bale a chimp.. Or Rooney Shrek.. Or Peter Crouch a praying mantis.. Its all the same really- comparing someone to something odd that they may partially resemble The above examples are potentially even worse than the Hughton comment IMO, they''re actually picking out that INDIVIDUAL for their impurities/f**king massive ears I understand the club completely for taking the stance they have done, but in my opinion racism has become such a OTT taboo now[/quote]

It is much worse to be picked out as being part of race than it is being picked out as an individual - to think otherwise shows someone that has never been on the end of racist abuse.

[/quote]Well said Bethnal

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]
I  don''t know about that, spiteful bullying, is spiteful bullying no matter what the reason.  I thought it well known teenagers have topped themselves over being a bullied and it''s not just because of ethnicity is it.
The point is, one isn''t worse than the other, they are equally as bad.  Which is why I''m of the opinion all  extreme abuse should be stamped out.
(Take Twitter or FB) Why should it be, racial abuse be sorted out (quite rightly). However calling somebody a ''useless f******* ugly c***'' goes pretty much unchallenged yet can be just as hurtful.

Interesting comment there, Bethnal. Made me think.

I was in France in the summer and overheard a couple make a derogatory remark about the fact I was English. It was said in French and oddly enough it felt more alienating than something personal although all these things depend on context.

I know it''s a mild example but magnify it up and singling someone out because of colour is hurtful. Never mind the law it is simply unkind and hurtful and that lesson has been learned in recent decades. As a youngster I recall singing cub scout songs with racist language and my school putting on an Agatha Christie murder mystery with a racist title.

It was commonplace, from Guy Gibson''s Labrador in movies to Saturday night TV like ''The Comedians,'' the ''Black and White Minstrels'' or situation comedies (although parodies such as ''''Till Death Us Do Part'' were probably attempting to give an alternative message.

Chris Hughton grew up in this, albeit in a more cosmopolitan society but London itself was a hotbed of racism which manifested itself in alienation and conflict. I happen to think the same thing has happened with young Muslim men, as exampled in Zadie Smith''s ''White Teeth'' and the alienation and lack of integration made the job of extremists pretty simple when looking to recruit the disaffected.

Chris Hughton''s comments, made off the cuff, were as eloquent and succinct as you will get. I personally think he is above this kind of nonsense but knows he has a responsibility to support the cause on behalf of others so patiently did so and with the kind of dignity which wins hearts and minds.

I really don''t think we need a witch hunt mentality on this issue or to prove any of us are more PC than anyone else; infact, no one hates political correctness more than me; I want people to express their views so they can be discussed, challenged or, as appropriate, dealt with. Lets move on and keep the focus on the football with Chris Hughton''s Canaries building upon recent momentum.

I have found myself in Rudolph''s situation more than once. The English are disliked by a percentage of people of all kinds of nationalities. English people abroad haven''t always been the most respectful  tourists and I guess some people tar all of us with the same brush. It can feel hurtful at the time. My daughter was in a holiday competition in Turkey and was the subject of mild racist comments by some Russians. When it''s your daughter it''s double whammy as all dads will tell you. But thinking about it I agree it''s more alienating than hurtful. I didn''t react to it anyway. I had rather expected something like that after a taxi driver showed surprise that we weren''t staying in a more "English" hotel. My view is still that if I wanted to stay in an "English" hotel I could do so in England.

Don''t know why I''m posting this really except to show that despite the huge progress that''s been made we all have a long way to go before all racism is recognised let alone got rid of. And many things, I believe this facebook incident included, are not really the result of deeply ingrained racism. For me it''s more about how you treat people than the offending words which are so obvious and get jumped on.

What are you trying to say Nutty? Sorry but I can''t understand that ramble!

[quote user="JonnyH"]I think we''re all supposed to boo and hiss while the authorities kick and stamp away at the evil perpetrator. In reality some village bobby will end up giving a nice friendly talk about being responsible with computers to some teenaged lad from Harwich, no doubt mentioning how there was no internet when he joined the force.[/quote]There you go Tilly. Now''s your chance for a few '' words of advice ''.Just for old times sake you understand [:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="splutcho"]I don''t really see anything wrong with what Percy Varco has posted. He''s never said that everyone that wants Hughton out is a racist, that''s quite plainly obvious, so you can drop your faux outrage Wiz.[/quote]

He suggested that the racist remark was made by a Hughton Outer, plainly, in light of evidence, as it was indeed a binner who posted it...............he should therefore apologise!

[/quote]I wonder if the latest racist comment was made by a Hughton Outer eh Wiz?

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

I wonder if the latest racist comment was made by a Hughton Outer eh Wiz?
[/quote]

Like who?[^o)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]I wonder if the latest racist comment was made by a Hughton Outer eh Wiz?[/quote]

Like who?[^o)]

[/quote]Who knows. Some small minded imbecile with an ingrained dsilike of Hughton. Could be one of a number of people on this board. Will you be in denial about this too?

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like who?[^o)]

[/quote]

Who knows. Some small minded imbecile with an ingrained dsilike of Hughton. Could be one of a number of people on this board. Will you be in denial about this too?
[/quote]

Are you suggesting its me?

If so, I will report you to relevent authority.

The club are saying the culprit will be banned from CR for life, which kind of assumes they went in the first place, personally I think a much better punishment would be for the culprit to be but in stocks outside CR each matchday so we can all pelt them with rotten fruit and veg.......

I would suspect the club know who the person is (lets face it if its a face book page their first name and surname will be obvious!), they will know if this person is a supporter or not...

spare seat in the ground for a super member this saturday and a ban for a bell end! it''s win win!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]I wonder if the latest racist comment was made by a Hughton Outer eh Wiz?[/quote]

Like who?[^o)]

[/quote]Who knows. Some small minded imbecile with an ingrained dsilike of Hughton. Could be one of a number of people on this board. Will you be in denial about this too?[/quote]

[/quote]Haha! Of course not, how ridiculous. That said, I don''t know your real name so in theory it could have been you in the same way it could have been anyone with a moniker on this site, including myself. You simply seemed incredulous that a Hughton Outer could have racist motives. Head. In. Sand.

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like who?[^o)]

[/quote]

Who knows. Some small minded imbecile with an ingrained dsilike of Hughton. Could be one of a number of people on this board. Will you be in denial about this too?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Haha! Of course not, how ridiculous.

That said, I don''t know your real name so in theory it could have been you in the same way it could have been anyone with a moniker on this site, including myself.

You simply seemed incredulous that a Hughton Outer could have racist motives. Head. In. Sand.
[/quote]

Fair enough then Percy, my own take on this is its an EDL knuckle dragger type pretending to be a City fan, I refuse to believe any true City fan would say such racist things.