Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Hughton Racist Remarks

Apparently it was on an unofficial facebook page for Norwich/ipswich "banter" - reads as if it was one of our own. Completely appauling, I''ve not got confidence in him as a manager but if that is what brought the person to racism then they really deserve everything headed their way.

It''s social media allowing the comments, intended or in ignorance of the public reach of SM, to arise.

It is about an individual and as so well handled by Bassong at Swansea it is probably something CH would prefer to play down.

I don''t think people need to flagellate themselves to show their disapproval. We are a mixed community and generally get along by non-ethnic, heritage or religeous common denominators such as workplaces or interests. We sometimes cause more embarrassment to peoples make up by highlighting it.

The police can deal with it and the individual in question. I think Chris Hughton and the general public who typically see him as an articulate, decent person, well liked will, like him, rise above it.

anyone know what was said, could not see it on the facebook page, must have been removed

It''s sounding more like a case of the stupids than racism. Always think before you post :P

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]Perhaps one of these ardent ''Hughton outers'' who claim they never wanted him here in the first place despite his reputation for playing good football....
[/quote]

Any cheap jibe against us anti Hughton guys is not entirely unexpected on here.........for what it is worth any racist remark against CH is appalling imo![:@]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]Perhaps one of these ardent ''Hughton outers'' who claim they never wanted him here in the first place despite his reputation for playing good football....
[/quote]

Any cheap jibe against us anti Hughton guys is not entirely unexpected on here.........for what it is worth any racist remark against CH is appalling imo![:@]

[/quote]

As a rabid Hughton outer I agree 100 % first wizard

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]It''s social media allowing the comments, intended or in ignorance of the public reach of SM, to arise.

It is about an individual and as so well handled by Bassong at Swansea it is probably something CH would prefer to play down.

I don''t think people need to flagellate themselves to show their disapproval. We are a mixed community and generally get along by non-ethnic, heritage or religeous common denominators such as workplaces or interests. We sometimes cause more embarrassment to peoples make up by highlighting it.

The police can deal with it and the individual in question. I think Chris Hughton and the general public who typically see him as an articulate, decent person, well liked will, like him, rise above it.[/quote]Bassong got the wrong end of the stick. The Swansea fan was gesturing at Holt, which is why nothing came of that incident.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]It''s social media allowing the comments, intended or in ignorance of the public reach of SM, to arise.

The police can deal with it and the individual in question. I think Chris Hughton and the general public who typically see him as an articulate, decent person, well liked will, like him, rise above it.[/quote]spot on

[quote user="alpha_papa"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]It''s social media allowing the comments, intended or in ignorance of the public reach of SM, to arise. It is about an individual and as so well handled by Bassong at Swansea it is probably something CH would prefer to play down. I don''t think people need to flagellate themselves to show their disapproval. We are a mixed community and generally get along by non-ethnic, heritage or religeous common denominators such as workplaces or interests. We sometimes cause more embarrassment to peoples make up by highlighting it. The police can deal with it and the individual in question. I think Chris Hughton and the general public who typically see him as an articulate, decent person, well liked will, like him, rise above it.[/quote]

Bassong got the wrong end of the stick. The Swansea fan was gesturing at Holt, which is why nothing came of that incident.
[/quote]

Its the mindless morons that have nothing better to do than to throw racist abuse at people who are better than themselves, and this banter site between Ipswich  And us should be shut down, I don''t think I have ever seen a decent bit of banter on there yet, its full of crap and insults.  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="alpha_papa"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]It''s social media allowing the comments, intended or in ignorance of the public reach of SM, to arise. It is about an individual and as so well handled by Bassong at Swansea it is probably something CH would prefer to play down. I don''t think people need to flagellate themselves to show their disapproval. We are a mixed community and generally get along by non-ethnic, heritage or religeous common denominators such as workplaces or interests. We sometimes cause more embarrassment to peoples make up by highlighting it. The police can deal with it and the individual in question. I think Chris Hughton and the general public who typically see him as an articulate, decent person, well liked will, like him, rise above it.[/quote]Bassong got the wrong end of the stick. The Swansea fan was gesturing at Holt, which is why nothing came of that incident. [/quote]

Its the mindless morons that have nothing better to do than to throw racist abuse at people who are better than themselves, and this banter site between Ipswich  And us should be shut down, I don''t think I have ever seen a decent bit of banter on there yet, its full of crap and insults.  

[/quote]
I''m not sure about shut down.  Because there is such a thing as good natured banter.  
However on the other hand, toing and froing from dumb dumbs from both clubs calling each other c**** should equally be deemed unacceptable as much as racial comments. 

I used to follow that Facebook page but the language used on it,vile abuse and juvenile antics soon made me unfollow it.

Just followed the link from BBC sports page and it''s still there for all to see and decide. To me it looked like a flippant badly worded post by some spotty 12 yr old whith no brains. Bet he''s shatting his little pants now.[:D][:D]

I think we''re all supposed to boo and hiss while the authorities kick and stamp away at the evil perpetrator. In reality some village bobby will end up giving a nice friendly talk about being responsible with computers to some teenaged lad from Harwich, no doubt mentioning how there was no internet when he joined the force.

I''m bound to provoke some sort of reaction here, but I have to admit I was expecting something a little more extreme when clicking that link. 
Not trying to downplay it too much because it is offensive, but it doesn''t look worthy of being labelled a "hate crime" or "hate speech" and I don''t think it would justify a criminal conviction.
Looks like it went down like a lead balloon and the users shot him down in flames, but think talk of police involvement for that (if it was the only thing said) is a bit over the top, a lot of time and money could be spent pursuing that, I''m sure they could find something a level up quite easily just by searching a few offensive words on twitter.
It isn''t the most extreme language, and isn''t aimed directly at the individual. Unlike the Bassong incident where he was clearly sent a very abusive comment on twitter - something which would cause him distress, Hughton wouldn''t have known about this if it hadn''t been picked up on and pursued by Kick It Out.
Not sure that going out and looking for racism is the answer to fighting racism. 

But its fine to call Bale a chimp..

Or Rooney Shrek..

Or Peter Crouch a praying mantis..

Its all the same really- comparing someone to something odd that they may partially resemble

The above examples are potentially even worse than the Hughton comment IMO, they''re actually picking out that INDIVIDUAL for their impurities/f**king massive ears

I understand the club completely for taking the stance they have done, but in my opinion racism has become such a OTT taboo now

I noticed Pinkun have disabled comments for the main story, it''s all sensitive stuff as far as the media are concerned, Sky Sports likewise.

Maybe i''m naive, but i can''t believe it''s hit headline news on Sky sports and Talksport today actually, thought it was local news at most.

[quote user="Skijumptoes"]I noticed Pinkun have disabled comments for the main story, it''s all sensitive stuff as far as the media are concerned, Sky Sports likewise.

Maybe i''m naive, but i can''t believe it''s hit headline news on Sky sports and Talksport today actually, thought it was local news at most.[/quote]
I think the club or kick it out or whoever also need to be really careful here that they don''t provoke bad feeling between Ipswich and Norwich fans. 
If Ipswich fans feel like one of their own has been treated very harshly, and Norwich fans rub it in their faces, it could stir up a lot of emotion between the fans. Particularly those who have a tendency towards violence and a history. 
Prosecuting for the use of a mildly offensive throwaway comment could cause more damage than it misguidedly attempts to fix. Feels like they are going looking for people to punish, all a bit over the top if you ask me.
If the police have any sense they will dismiss it with a mild slap on the wrist and wait for a real occurrence of racism, doing anything otherwise is a waste of time and money and could be counter-productive (if that ''monkey'' comment is the whole story and there wasn''t more to it that we haven''t seen). 

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Scum is Scum and this proves it once again. I 8

Ipsh$t even more!!!!

4ever Norwich City ...[/quote]

A well thought out and articulated post

[/quote]

How about an apology to a group of CITY fans YOU just labeld as racist?[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]Perhaps one of these ardent ''Hughton outers'' who claim they never wanted him here in the first place despite his reputation for playing good football....[/quote]

[/quote]How about no. A number of city fans are racist. A number of city fans want Chris Hughton out. Some are the same as I''ve encountered them first hand at matches. Whether they want him out or didn''t want him here in the first place because he is black is another issue and not one I would expect the full truth about on an internet forum.

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How about no.

A number of city fans are racist. A number of city fans want Chris Hughton out. Some are the same as I''ve encountered them first hand at matches. Whether they want him out or didn''t want him here in the first place because he is black is another issue and not one I would expect the full truth about on an internet forum.
[/quote]

Then your reply confirms my original opinions of you...............small minded with zero honour.