Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Some thoughts....

We did not press yesterday in the same way we did against Stoke. We sat back far too much until half time. We gave them far too much respect in the first half.

After the restart we had a little period, where we kept possession but never really stretched Arsenal. I wouldn''t call it having a good go. Merely, not being so defensive. 6 shots on target and 5 of those were well outside the box.

Also, I feel now as fans, there really is no expectation. We turn up in our thousands and once events unfold, it''s a case of, well here we go again.

One thing that disappointed me was how isolated Gary Hooper was. Again. Looking at statistics, he received 23 passes.

Only 1 was in the penalty area and only 4 were within 20 yards of the onion bag. In the main, most were some 35/40 yds away, with his backside to the goal and with no support. No runners from midfield.

This limits the way we can play in and around the box. Arsenal were and are very intricate. The numbers they get forward allows them to do it. They have options.

The ball simply goes in to him and all he can do, is try and hold it up for the oncoming and slow midfield.

I would question playing 1 up top when we have such little pace. Nobody supports. The same goes for the Wolf. For those criticising Hooper, he completed 81% of passes. 17/21. A great return IMO.

But the guy needs chances. He is a penalty box striker. A poacher. Given chances, he will get goals. But the same can be said about The Wolf & Holty under this regime. Chances are at a premium. I wonder if Messi would be able to score.

On the subject of our midfield 3. To a certain extent it is working. Tettey looks good and is doing everything simple. Fer. Personally already, I don''t feel he will be here next season such is his quality. Howson. Finally after a yr is allowed to support our striker. But we are still lacking any creativity from them. A slide rule pass here, a switch of play there. A spark to ignite an attack. It is a "safe" midfield.

As much as I like Snodgrass and I''m against the new scapegoat tag that he seems to have acquired, Redmond should have played a bigger part.

Whether is be starting (Snoddy had played a game this week and welcomed a new baby into his world, so could easily have been rested) or coming on at half time, Redmonds pace would''ve aided the counter attacking approach and Gibbs wouldn''t have looked like Ashley Cole. I really feel he would''ve given him all sorts of problems.

Bassong still looks a yard of the pace and not in the same league as he was last year. A new centre back would def be high up on my agenda in Jan as well as a number 10. Maybe he is in a comfort zone and knows his position is a certainty.

A special mention to Martin Olsson. A good performance and at times, our most dangerous player when running with the ball down the left.

With November approaching and the 10 game milestone around the corner the season is already in full swing.

We bought in some quality. Olsson, Fer and Redmond have settled in well.

Hooper and The Wolf are still settling. Injuries haven''t helped GH, but are we really surprised after the approach we have seen under this manager, that the forwards still look so isolated and not settled?

For any onlooking managers, whether employed or unemployed, this job is an attractive proposition. Debt free, a capable squad just waiting to be guided by a leader and someone that can get the best out of them.

Sorry Mr Hughton, 1/5/7 or 10 games, the time is up. Not because your not Mr Lambert (no doubt some will says his biggest failing is that he''s not him, so was never going to survive) but because we look no better than last yr despite having the 9th biggest transfer outlay in Europe.

An eye for a player and a capable coach. Not a manager. Maybe a director of football.

5 wins in 29.

Excellent summary Mr.T and exactly how I feel about things. I so want Hughton to succeed but our reliance on hope rather than any sort of expectancy cannot go on. Excuse because Arsenal were top,excuse because it was Chelsea and the return of the special one,excuse because Spurs were on fire having spent £100 million so what happens when we visit Man City,Liverpool or Man Utd.

We have spent £14 on 2 strikers and I have to say I question if the manager knows how to get the best out of either of them. They are both fed crumbs and it is not working also I have my doubts whether he has any intention when injuries permitting that they will both play in the same side.

It is not easy on the eye at the moment and thankfully at least Sunderland and Palace are making us look good but if a couple of teams in the pack at the bottom get their act together we could end up in big trouble.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Only £14 Til?

No wonder we''re in a mess. [;)]

[/quote]

OK I left the million out but we are not in a mess Wiz just struggling to put the jigsaw together and I am beginning to think that the manager is Stevie Wonder and will never be able to put the pieces in the right order.

The bloke doesn''t stand a chance while posters go to Arsenal expecting a result. I''m a really positive poster and can go anywhere dreaming of a result but expecting it? Not even me! I''ll tell you what I expected from the last 3 games - a point at Stoke and two defeats. I dreamt of a point at Stoke and nicking a point off Chelsea. In actual fact we have done better than that with 3 points from the 3 games.

The expectation of some of our fans knows no bounds but if you point it out it''s just being little old Norwich.

Now I was heartened by our performance at Stoke. Was further heartened by the performances against Chelsea and Arsenal. In fact I see nothing from the last month to even moan about let alone sack the manager over! Perhaps minds were already made up....

CUSDP and Til Both excellent and sensible posts.

Boringly I''ve said so many times that we have a superb squad that is capable of so much more but something is defo not right with Manager/coaches.

Rudolph has mentioned that he feels Hoots is a coach but not a Manager and this too is an excellent observation.

I thought Olsen''s pre match comments were not exactly a glowing appreciation of our tactics.

McNally is not scared to make decisions and I trust he will make the correct decisions over the coming weeks/months.

Like most on here, I want Hoots to be successful but just cant see it.

To answer one of your questions, the most likely outcome when we visit Man U, Man C and Liverpool is that we will lose.

If you''re unsure, have a look at how the bookmakers price up those games.

We might get a result home or away once or twice a season if we''re lucky, if we did better than that we''d likely be competing in the top 7 rather than the bottom 13.

CUSDP makes some reasonable comments but comments about Messi etc devalue them, he states we''ve won 5 in 29 (why 29 game period?) so the stats are bad enough without silly exaggerations. We are in the bottom 3 at the moment because that''s what our points haul warrants, yet performances have improved and neutral reporters see far more reason for optimism than some of our own support. Perhaps being a step further back allows them to see more clearly, maybe they don''t have agendas carrying on from last season, whatever it is, I find my viewpoint far more closely aligned to theirs than some on here.

We are getting better, we''ve caused Arsenal and Chelsea plenty of problems, Arsene Wenger and Jack Wilshere both said how well we played yesterday. While magnanimity is easier to come by on the back of a 4-1 win, I''ve no reason to believe that their comments were disingenuous, just like I''ve no reason to believe that Hughton was lying when he said that he''d thought about the option if RVW and GH playing together.

We''re doing the right things, dominating possession for periods against both Arsenal and Chelsea shows that, the chances we have worked show that. You can''t press Arsenal like you press Stoke because they''re so much better than Stoke, when inferior players try and press too high it leaves big spaces for players like Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Giroud, Oscar, Hazard, Mata to exploit. You might get away with it once in a while but for the most part the superior movement and ability will leave people chasing shadows and be tactical suicide. It''s more sensible to compact the playing area and force them to produce something of genuine class to open you up - see Arsenals first goal. Yes we''d been forward but by the time their attack became dangerous we had enough bodies restricting the playing area making it tight but as the Sky analysts said, we did nothing wrong it''s just a worldy.

When all said and done, we are in the bottom three, it''s frustrating, conceding 4 goals in the last ten minutes of our last two games is bitterly disappointing, 5 defeats in 8 games is a sorry record. But we continue to improve. We''ve played 6 of our 8 games against the top 9, we have 5 home games against teams around us coming up with away trips to Newcastle and Sunderland thrown in. Performances like those we''ve seen against Chelsea and Arsenal will see us on the right end of some results. Starting Saturday, where the first goal is so important, not so much for the players but to settle the fans. 33 points from 30 games is the minimum requirement from here, 40 from 30 if we are to meet the "top half" target.

I''ve seen enough promise to believe we''re capable, and if you''ve seen nothing in the performances against Chelsea and Arsenal to give you optimism for the forthcoming fixtures then I''ll say here and now that I think you''re telling porkies.

If you want Hughton out, I''d suggest praying for a defeat against Cardiff because in 7 or 8 games time I think things will look different enough to guarantee his position to the end of the season. I hope anyway...;-)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The bloke doesn''t stand a chance while posters go to Arsenal expecting a result. I''m a really positive poster and can go anywhere dreaming of a result but expecting it? Not even me! I''ll tell you what I expected from the last 3 games - a point at Stoke and two defeats. I dreamt of a point at Stoke and nicking a point off Chelsea. In actual fact we have done better than that with 3 points from the 3 games.

The expectation of some of our fans knows no bounds but if you point it out it''s just being little old Norwich.

Now I was heartened by our performance at Stoke. Was further heartened by the performances against Chelsea and Arsenal. In fact I see nothing from the last month to even moan about let alone sack the manager over! Perhaps minds were already made up....

[/quote]

The problem is Nutty that the longer this goes on whilst not expecting much reward from trips to such places as the Emirates it will soon become a necessity rather than a bonus to pick up points. As your predictions for the last three games were nearly bang on the money maybe you could tell us what you were expecting away at Hull and home to Villa or give us your thoughts on Cardiff and Man City. Whilst loving the win and the somewhat improved performance at Stoke I hope you have noticed that they cannot score in a brothel with only 4 goals so far this season. The big picture Nutty needs looking at not just the yellow and green tinted frame.

I am not tub thumping for a campaign to oust Hughton and you know that really but I am very concerned that if we soon do not string some results together we will be keeping Sunderland and Palace company. 

I am afraid my mind is made up.  I just don''t believe Hughton is good enough. Sorry.

Did I expect anything from the last 2 games? No.

Have the last 3 performances been better? Yes.

However there is a serious issue which needs to be addressed.  For over 12 months now our centre forwards have barely scored a goal between them.  The question has to be asked.......why?

I remember some people saying that Holt was passed it and needed to be sold.  We sold him.  We buy in young proven goal scorers for record fees.  RvW scores on his debut but has not scored since and has been mauled by some as being a complete flop and that he needed to be dropped for Hooper.  As it is he is replaced due to injury and Hooper starts.  He fails to score also. (Yes I know it was his first league start). Just highlighting that despite a change of striker, the outcome is pretty much the same.

3 Proven goal scorers with over 300 career goals between them all struggling to score under our current manager and system.  Why?

If a change of personnel doesn''t fix the problem, what is left?

I ask these questions of those who support Chris Hughton.  I am not here to criticise a point of view, merely I want to understand what needs to happen for this sorry state of affairs to change.  How do we get our Strikers scoring? Are you concerned that they are not scoring? If not then at what point would you be concerned if ever?

I have been much happier with the way we are playing, but we are leaving ourselves open because we are chasing games.  We are chasing games because we are conceding too early and this is not because we are attacking too much.

I am very much interested in reasoned arguments and not flippant extremes from both sides.  We are not managers or experts, but honest opinions and thoughts are always valid.

Please share these in a non aggressive finger pointing name calling response.

Snake

[quote user="Warren Hill"] CUSDP makes some reasonable comments but comments about Messi etc devalue them, 

If you want Hughton out, I''d suggest praying for a defeat against Cardiff

[/quote]

I sense some irony here Warren.

You might, I meant it. I think we''ll get a result against Cardiff, then probably lose against Man C but the games after that I think we''ll do ok from. Therefore, if you want the manager gone, you should be praying we lose to Cardiff because I think our season and points tally will take a distinct turn for the better afterwards, if we beat Cardiff and lose to Man C, they won''t sack him. We then have a decent run of fixtures. If we lose to Cardiff AND Man C I think they will. Thus, if you want him gone, losing to Cardiff is the result that will sort it and the one you should be praying for. Is that clearer for you?

How about, if we beat Cardiff, Hughton will definitely still be here after Xmas, will therefore get the January window.. Last chance to sack him is after Cardiff...

Well done for picking out two lines of my post to try and point score though..

And well done for trying to say that I want Hughton out. Maybe you could highlight that particular quote or are you the one trying to point score. I am concerned and wondering if he can get it right and get the best out of what on paper look terrific signings.

[quote user="Warren Hill"] Thus, if you want him gone, losing to Cardiff is the result that will sort it and the one you should be praying for. Is that clearer for you?.

[/quote]

Yeah it would be if I had said I want him out.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]You have it spot on me  Nutty [Y]Although prehaps I''m positive than you as I actually put money on City winning [:''(]

Where have I said anything about you at all? I said that you might see irony and that I meant what I said, I then tried to further explain in further detail what I meant by saying that if you - see my original post, it''s not directed at you or any other person is it? - want Hughton out you''d better pray we lose to Cardiff.

Now I''m sorry if you''ve misconstrued this to be YOU directly, if you read it that way perhaps there is something you need to admit to yourself...?

Let''s try again:

I reckon that if you want Hughton to be sacked, not you personally Tilly but people in general, you''d better hope we lose to Cardiff because that''s the last time I think it could be a feasible option prior to the January transfer window.

How''s that?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

The problem is Nutty that the longer this goes on whilst not expecting much reward from trips to such places as the Emirates it will soon become a necessity rather than a bonus to pick up points. As your predictions for the last three games were nearly bang on the money maybe you could tell us what you were expecting away at Hull and home to Villa or give us your thoughts on Cardiff and Man City. Whilst loving the win and the somewhat improved performance at Stoke I hope you have noticed that they cannot score in a brothel with only 4 goals so far this season. The big picture Nutty needs looking at not just the yellow and green tinted frame.

I am not tub thumping for a campaign to oust Hughton and you know that really but I am very concerned that if we soon do not string some results together we will be keeping Sunderland and Palace company. 

[/quote]

My point was that this agenda has carried on from before these 3 games. That''s all. To my view there has been nothing in the last 3 games to suggest that Hull was the performance with which we judge our season. Have any other results really warranted a manager out campaign. It''s all about opinions I guess but mine is that there hasn''t been. That''s why I believe the conclusions made in the opening post are the ones held before the last three games and carried over regardless albeit with a break in the week after the Stoke result.

Blimey now we have Nutty bring into play and making mention of a Hughton Out campaign and Warren claiming that the ''you'' he kept referring to was not me. You two should form a double act as this thread is about ''some thoughts'' so no campaigns and no mention of praying for a defeat to Cardiff and all will be fine chaps because I am really struggling to make out why you two want to put some of us in the same bracket as Wiz and his ilk. CUSDP has strong reservations about the manager and snake has nailed his colours to the mast and I would describe myself as concerned but oh no Nutty and Warren try and pour petrol on a slow burning fire.

Tilly, look at my original post. That''s where I used the term "..If you want Hughton out..."

You then responded saying it was ironic and I tried to explain what I meant in my first post - it simply isn''t about you. I''ve no idea if you want Hughton in, out or shaking it all about, all I''ve tried to do is explain, in more detail, what I meant in my first post.

And I stand by it.

If you want Hughton out, you''d better pray we lose to Cardiff because I can''t see it happening after that.

Paraphrased one final f''ing time for Tilly:

For those people who think that the team would benefit from a change of manager, I''d suggest hoping we lose to Cardiff as I think that our results will pick up sufficiently in subsequent matches to safeguard his future.

Now do you get it...?

I feel sorry for many fans that can find fault in anything. We weren''t expected to win but we played as well as the last 2 games under the new formation. Therefore what''s to grumble about? If we lose at home to Cardiff playing this way and Hooper/RVW are not getting chances then there will be room to critisise but I was, again, pleased and encouraged by yesterday''s performance.

The whole rant about Hooper being isolated etc really was a waste of typing. We were playing away at Arsenal - and yet were still in the game going into the last 10 mins. Obviously it''s not going to be free flowing, chance every couple of mins straight at Hoopers head or feet (that Mertesacker and Koscielny are also quite good). Again, if the striker isn''t well supported and chances created this Saturday, serious questions can be asked. However I fully expect a performance as encouraging and improving as the last 3 and for us to knock in a couple of goals.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]We did not press yesterday in the same way we did against Stoke. We sat back far too much until half time. We gave them far too much respect in the first half.

After the restart we had a little period, where we kept possession but never really stretched Arsenal. I wouldn''t call it having a good go. Merely, not being so defensive. 6 shots on target and 5 of those were well outside the box.

Also, I feel now as fans, there really is no expectation. We turn up in our thousands and once events unfold, it''s a case of, well here we go again.

One thing that disappointed me was how isolated Gary Hooper was. Again. Looking at statistics, he received 23 passes.

Only 1 was in the penalty area and only 4 were within 20 yards of the onion bag. In the main, most were some 35/40 yds away, with his backside to the goal and with no support. No runners from midfield.

This limits the way we can play in and around the box. Arsenal were and are very intricate. The numbers they get forward allows them to do it. They have options.

The ball simply goes in to him and all he can do, is try and hold it up for the oncoming and slow midfield.

I would question playing 1 up top when we have such little pace. Nobody supports. The same goes for the Wolf. For those criticising Hooper, he completed 81% of passes. 17/21. A great return IMO.

But the guy needs chances. He is a penalty box striker. A poacher. Given chances, he will get goals. But the same can be said about The Wolf & Holty under this regime. Chances are at a premium. I wonder if Messi would be able to score.

On the subject of our midfield 3. To a certain extent it is working. Tettey looks good and is doing everything simple. Fer. Personally already, I don''t feel he will be here next season such is his quality. Howson. Finally after a yr is allowed to support our striker. But we are still lacking any creativity from them. A slide rule pass here, a switch of play there. A spark to ignite an attack. It is a "safe" midfield.

As much as I like Snodgrass and I''m against the new scapegoat tag that he seems to have acquired, Redmond should have played a bigger part.

Whether is be starting (Snoddy had played a game this week and welcomed a new baby into his world, so could easily have been rested) or coming on at half time, Redmonds pace would''ve aided the counter attacking approach and Gibbs wouldn''t have looked like Ashley Cole. I really feel he would''ve given him all sorts of problems.

Bassong still looks a yard of the pace and not in the same league as he was last year. A new centre back would def be high up on my agenda in Jan as well as a number 10. Maybe he is in a comfort zone and knows his position is a certainty.

A special mention to Martin Olsson. A good performance and at times, our most dangerous player when running with the ball down the left.

With November approaching and the 10 game milestone around the corner the season is already in full swing.

We bought in some quality. Olsson, Fer and Redmond have settled in well.

Hooper and The Wolf are still settling. Injuries haven''t helped GH, but are we really surprised after the approach we have seen under this manager, that the forwards still look so isolated and not settled?

For any onlooking managers, whether employed or unemployed, this job is an attractive proposition. Debt free, a capable squad just waiting to be guided by a leader and someone that can get the best out of them.

Sorry Mr Hughton, 1/5/7 or 10 games, the time is up. Not because your not Mr Lambert (no doubt some will says his biggest failing is that he''s not him, so was never going to survive) but because we look no better than last yr despite having the 9th biggest transfer outlay in Europe.

An eye for a player and a capable coach. Not a manager.
Maybe a director of football.

5 wins in 29.[/quote]

I believe the statistic is the 9th biggest net outlay. In other words we spent a record amount (for us) and recouped very little by way of sales. Many more clubs than nine spent more, but some of those sold expensive players as well.That said, for what little it is worth I do have doubts about Hughton''s tactical ability, in choosing the right team and in making changes during  a match. The two games that stand out as ones in which should have picked up points but didn''t are Hull away and Villa at home. This may be wrong (I will happily be corrected) but a poster made the point that against Hull in the second half we used what are now known as inverted wingers - ie left-footers on the right and right-footers on the left, whose instinct is to cut inside. Fine in some cases but not sensible against a team down to 10 defending a  lead. Then you should try to make the pitch as wide as possible by having your wingers go outside.And against Villa Hughton was still persisting with Elmander as a No. 10 when no one - fan or professional observer - thought that had been working previously. And it was for the next league game that Elmander was dropped, and hasn''t started since. But the points had been lost by then.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]To answer one of your questions the most likely outcome when we visit Man U, Man C and Liverpool is that we will lose. If you''re unsure, have a look at how the bookmakers price up those games. We might get a result home or away once or twice a season if we''re lucky, if we did better than that we''d likely be competing in the top 7 rather than the bottom 13. CUSDP makes some reasonable comments but comments about Messi etc devalue them, he states we''ve won 5 in 29 (why 29 game period?) so the stats are bad enough without silly exaggerations. We are in the bottom 3 at the moment because that''s what our points haul warrants, yet performances have improved and neutral reporters see far more reason for optimism than some of our own support. Perhaps being a step further back allows them to see more clearly, maybe they don''t have agendas carrying on from last season, whatever it is, I find my viewpoint far more closely aligned to theirs than some on here. We are getting better, we''ve caused Arsenal and Chelsea plenty of problems, Arsene Wenger and Jack Wilshere both said how well we played yesterday. While magnanimity is easier to come by on the back of a 4-1 win, I''ve no reason to believe that their comments were disingenuous, just like I''ve no reason to believe that Hughton was lying when he said that he''d thought about the option if RVW and GH playing together. We''re doing the right things, dominating possession for periods against both Arsenal and Chelsea shows that, the chances we have worked show that. You can''t press Arsenal like you press Stoke because they''re so much better than Stoke, when inferior players try and press too high it leaves big spaces for players like Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Giroud, Oscar, Hazard, Mata to exploit. You might get away with it once in a while but for the most part the superior movement and ability will leave people chasing shadows and be tactical suicide. It''s more sensible to compact the playing area and force them to produce something of genuine class to open you up - see Arsenals first goal. Yes we''d been forward but by the time their attack became dangerous we had enough bodies restricting the playing area making it tight but as the Sky analysts said, we did nothing wrong it''s just a worldy. When all said and done, we are in the bottom three, it''s frustrating, conceding 4 goals in the last ten minutes of our last two games is bitterly disappointing, 5 defeats in 8 games is a sorry record. But we continue to improve. We''ve played 6 of our 8 games against the top 9, we have 5 home games against teams around us coming up with away trips to Newcastle and Sunderland thrown in. Performances like those we''ve seen against Chelsea and Arsenal will see us on the right end of some results. Starting Saturday, where the first goal is so important, not so much for the players but to settle the fans. 33 points from 30 games is the minimum requirement from here, 40 from 30 if we are to meet the "top half" target. I''ve seen enough promise to believe we''re capable, and if you''ve seen nothing in the performances against Chelsea and Arsenal to give you optimism for the forthcoming fixtures then I''ll say here and now that I think you''re telling porkies. If you want Hughton out I''d suggest praying for a defeat against Cardiff because in 7 or 8 games time I think things will look different enough to guarantee his position to the end of the season. I hope anyway...;-)[/quote]

Here is your opening post Warren and the first sentence is a direct reply to a post of mine and I trust the words highlighted in red make you understand why it took to be aimed at me. Get it yet ?

TIL - I agreed with everything Warren said in his opening post, and I never saw it as a personal attack on you. He mentioned the Man City etc games, but then went on to discuss general opinions, and what CUSDP said.

Warren has tried to say that also, in slightly different terms

Hahaha, well er, no. But ok,

I said I''d answer ONE of your questions and did so.

Then about a thousand words later I make some unrelated comments? My post was clearly paragraphed and my second point addresses CUSDP directly but my further comments weren''t directed at him specifically either.

The telling point is where I state: IF you want Hughton out...etc

Meaning it is directed at those that want Hughton out. Only you know whether that includes you or not.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

TIL - I agreed with everything Warren said in his opening post, and I never saw it as a personal attack on you. He mentioned the Man City etc games, but then went on to discuss general opinions, and what CUSDP said.

Warren has tried to say that also, in slightly different terms

[/quote]

May I suggest Warren uses the word ''anybody'' throughout his post and not ''you'' . Still crabby maybe reading posts is like football.....it is about opinions. [;)]

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Hahaha, well er, no. But ok, I said I''d answer ONE of your questions and did so. Then about a thousand words later I make some unrelated comments? My post was clearly paragraphed and my second point addresses CUSDP directly but my further comments weren''t directed at him specifically either. The telling point is where I state: IF you want Hughton out...etc Meaning it is directed at those that want Hughton out. Only you know whether that includes you or not.[/quote]

There you go again Warren with your very last sentence..... I even quoted it earlier for you on this thread where I said '' I so want Hughton to succeed'' and on other threads today where I have expressed concern about where we are at right now.

Selective memory,point scoring or both perhaps ? [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Blimey now we have Nutty bring into play and making mention of a Hughton Out campaign and Warren claiming that the ''you'' he kept referring to was not me. You two should form a double act as this thread is about ''some thoughts'' so no campaigns and no mention of praying for a defeat to Cardiff and all will be fine chaps because I am really struggling to make out why you two want to put some of us in the same bracket as Wiz and his ilk. CUSDP has strong reservations about the manager and snake has nailed his colours to the mast and I would describe myself as concerned but oh no Nutty and Warren try and pour petrol on a slow burning fire. [/quote]

Opening post old boy. I believe CUSDP''s exact words were "Sorry Mr Hughton, 1/5/7 or 10 games, the time is up."

The only logical explanation I can find is that you didn''t read it and just assume the thread started with your contribution...