Sign in to follow this  
Dave

So if Hughton went

Certainly not going to apologise as I heard that quote from somewhere. I have just read Lambias'' quotes and you''re right, he doesn''t say about a more positive approach in so many words, but I have read those words attributed to him before, so an apology is something you will never get from me. Also, whilst he doesn''t say it in so many words in your link, clearly they wanted a more positive approach i.e. ''We brought Alan in because we felt we needed to kick on'' - what does that tell you?

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Certainly not going to apologise as I heard that quote from somewhere. I have just read Lambias'' quotes and you''re right, he doesn''t say about a more positive approach in so many words, but I have read those words attributed to him before, so an apology is something you will never get from me. Also, whilst he doesn''t say it in so many words in your link, clearly they wanted a more positive approach i.e. ''We brought Alan in because we felt we needed to kick on'' - what does that tell you?[/quote]

It tells me that you made up that quote you just can''t admit you''re wrong and thats sad.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]

Also, how can anyone argue with the 6 Premier League wins since last Christmas? It''s a fact. Sorry.[/quote]My point is that statistics in isolation mean nothing, as they can be picked and filtered to suit. Let me give you an example, using another "x games in y" fact.We have won 4 of our last 10 games! That''s a win percentage of 40%. Based on that, we''re on track to finish well above our mid-table aims!This is a fact, just as much as your "6 games in 29" fact, which apparently says it all, and can''t be argued with. Realistically, statistics in isolation rarely tell the whole story.Damn lies and statistics eh?

This thread is a fairly decent piece of evidence that we should stick with Hughton for now. A wide range of suggestions from the massively unrealistic, to past it managers, and interesting gambles.If we were to get relegated, then someone like Eddie Howe or Karl Robinson would be a good choice, imo they will end up in the Premiership sooner or later, but to bring them in to a team they don''t know in the middle of a relegation battle? I''m not convinced thats a risk worth taking.The same old tired faces from the British manager merry go round like O''Neill, Redknapp, and the baffling suggestion of Glenn Hoddle aren''t going to do us any good, there''s no chance of them taking us forward as a club. O''Neill especially doesn''t seem like his heart is in it anymore.Malky is an interesting one, I''d love to have him back as he''s my favourite ever Norwich player, but thats my heart ruling my head, tactically I don''t think he''d be all that different from Hughton.Thomas Tuchel is a really interesting shout but would he be persuaded to leave mid season to come into a relegation battle? However harsh it may seem, we might be better off doing what Newcastle did and sacking Hughton when we''re in a decent position, or at the end of the season, where we might be more able to convince a Laudrup/Pocchetino type to come to Norfolk.

Would be Martin oneill I''m pretty sure.

McNally said a while back when he was at Sunderland, saying oneill is one of the best managers he''s ever seen, shortly behind ferguson.

Delia also holds him in high regard, and didn''t he say his biggest regret I''m football was leaving norwich?

I wouldn''t be rushing to get rid of Hughton. I think the last few games have shown progress, albeit two of them being against top sides who were fully expected to beat us.

However, should the time arise in the not too distant future my no.1 target would be Marcelo Bielsa. Perhaps a little left field, but Bielsa has a reputation for producing great footballing and tactically astute teams. In 2007 he started an impressive stint with the Chilean national side and then took Atletico Bilbao to the Europa League final after a two year spell which ended 2013.  He''s currently without a club.