Sign in to follow this  
Dave

So if Hughton went

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Poyet, di matteo, ragnick, solakjaer, meulenstein, oneill, Zola.

Think we would be inundated with apps as its an attractive job.[/quote]

Which of those would you be happy with? If that''s the height of applicant we can attract we may as well stick rather than twist..a very ''little Norwich'' list.

My top choices would be either Vincente Del Bosque, Otto Rehhagel, Giovani Trapattoni or Jose Mourinho, Mean while in the land of reality............

If Hughton was sacked tomorrow then I''d have to seriously consider my continued attendance at Carrow Road.

But if expecting nothing from games like Arsenal is tinpot, what is replacing a manager we plucked from the championship with another plucked from there like Zola? Or gambling on Meulensteen or Rangnick or Solskjaer who have never managed in this country? Or managers that have achieved nothing of note like Poyet? Or borrowing a Tardis and getting a head case like O''Neill who has a dreadful recent record?

Surely any supporter would only advocate change if it was considered that the new incumbent would be a significant improvement? None of the names mentioned by CUSDP set the pulse racing.

Hughton in.

The New Boy (Le Juge) - If Hughton was sacked tomorrow then I''d have to seriously consider my continued attendance at Carrow Road.
I thought you wanted him out? Very confused where you stand on this issue.....

[quote user="Warren Hill"]But if expecting nothing from games like Arsenal is tinpot, what is replacing a manager we plucked from the championship with another plucked from there like Zola? Or gambling on Meulensteen or Rangnick or Solskjaer who have never managed in this country? Or managers that have achieved nothing of note like Poyet? Or borrowing a Tardis and getting a head case like O''Neill who has a dreadful recent record? Surely any supporter would only advocate change if it was considered that the new incumbent would be a significant improvement? None of the names mentioned by CUSDP set the pulse racing. Hughton in.[/quote]

Picking a manager with zilch experience of managing in this country has not done Southampton or Swansea much harm and please do not see this as a Hughton out Warren it is merely an observation on what you posted.

Christian Gross at Spurs, Big Phil at Chelsea, Santini and Ramos at Spurs, Perrin at Portsmouth...

Hardly set the world alight did they? You (or me, or anyone) can pick individual cases for and against, if you look at what I wrote....I said that it would be a gamble, not that it categorically wouldn''t work.

Would you be willing to gamble on any of the names suggested by CUSDP?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Poyet, di matteo, ragnick, solakjaer, meulenstein, oneill, Zola.

Think we would be inundated with apps as its an attractive job.[/quote]

Your number one choice is still Poyet then buddy. But I wouldn''t touch him with a bargepole. I think he''s as crazy as DiCanio personally. But all managerial appointments are gambles and only a fool thinks otherwise. So at this stage after considering all those options I still feel gambling on Hughton is our best chance for the moment.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]The New Boy (Le Juge) - If Hughton was sacked tomorrow then I''d have to seriously consider my continued attendance at Carrow Road.
I thought you wanted him out? Very confused where you stand on this issue.....
[/quote]
In the week post Villa I was very forward with my frustration and concern, but I was also very consistent in my view that he needed and deserved time to show that he could motivate the players enough to turn the situation around and actually said that he deserved the next four games at least. 
Those four games being Stoke, Arsenal, and Chelsea. The fourth is Cardiff. I have been given a semi-renewed optimism, and I am now more certain that he is the man for the job than I was a few weeks ago. I was deeply concerned about how things were going, but I was certainly not calling for instant dismissal and considered calls for his sacking to be very rash/premature.
Actually my viewpoint was shared by many. People who really wanted/want Hughton to do well were getting worried, me included, but I think many of us really wanted the team to turn the corner. If we beat Cardiff then we will have been vindicated in our belief that he and the squad needed a bit more time, because that would be 2 wins in 4 games - despite playing Arsenal and Chelsea.
I think that those calling for a bit more time will be proved right against Cardiff, and in the few games which follow. People tend to define others as "pro-Hughton" and "anti-Hughton", I have certainly never been "anti-Hughton", only expressed my concern about how the season was progressing after the Villa game.

[quote user="iron_stan"]2.harry redknapp[/quote]Look this is going to sound harsh but firstly LOL and secondly No, no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no never not ever at this club!!!

harry would bite our hand off to be premier league again as quickly as possiblehes a good man manager, which is what we need, coaches arent managers, hughton is a coach, the likes of lambert and redknapp are man managers, motivators

The New Boy (Le Juge)  - "In the week post Villa I was very forward with my frustration and concern, but I was also very consistent in my view that he needed and deserved time to show that he could motivate the players enough to turn the situation around and actually said that he deserved the next four games at least. 
Those four games being Stoke, Arsenal, and Chelsea. The fourth is Cardiff. I have been given a semi-renewed optimism, and I am now more certain that he is the man for the job than I was a few weeks ago. I was deeply concerned about how things were going, but I was certainly not calling for instant dismissal and considered calls for his sacking to be very rash/premature.
Actually my viewpoint was shared by many. People who really wanted/want Hughton to do well were getting worried, me included, but I think many of us really wanted the team to turn the corner. If we beat Cardiff then we will have been vindicated in our belief that he and the squad needed a bit more time, because that would be 2 wins in 4 games - despite playing Arsenal and Chelsea.
I think that those calling for a bit more time will be proved right against Cardiff, and in the few games which follow. People tend to define others as "pro-Hughton" and "anti-Hughton", I have certainly never been "anti-Hughton", only expressed my concern about how the season was progressing after the Villa game."
Fair point. I do remember you saying about giving him 10 games around the time we played Watford. I hope to god we win at the weekend for obvious reasons besides the Hughton debate. I wonder if we do come away empty handed though, has the Stoke win maybe given him a game or 2 more to prove himself in your view? Or will the Cardiff game generate enough of a conclusion to where we stand quality wise, and give a glimpse to where we''ll finish?
As they say 10 games is rarely very far from where you end up at the end of the season.

In fact here is my thread from 29th September, that is 8 days after the Villa game. It is possible that I wasn''t so reasoned / calm in the immediate aftermath of the Villa game I can''t really remember.... 
... note:
"So if we go and beat Stoke, and turn out some good performances against Arsenal and Chelsea, and then go and beat Cardiff at home, or similar, the reasons for wanting him to go become largely void don''t they?"
Well so far we have beat Stoke, have put in good performances against Arsenal and Chelsea, and the Cardiff game is coming up.... 
I feel vindicated in my stance on 29th September. I might have been a little less forgiving in the few days after the game, possibly, but I''ve been very consistent in my stance since and my optimism is now higher than I thought it would be at this stage to be honest.

Some of these manager suggestions are laughable. I wouldn''t want half of them managing our reserves let alone our 1st team.

Well it is very difficult to see Cardiff as anything other than a "must win" considering we then go to Man City.
But if we don''t beat Cardiff, then I suppose the performance would play a big part in how normal people without an agenda feel about that. 
We don''t really know whether to expect a downbeat Cardiff worrying about losing their manager after recent rumours, or a Cardiff really playing for their manager to make a point.
A goal from a Norwich striker would also be welcome wouldn''t it - I mean if it is 3-3 with a Hooper brace and a Van Wolfswinkel header off the bench then that would suddenly cheer a few people up. 

[quote user="iron_stan"]1.mike phelan2.harry redknapp3.ole gunnar solskjaer4.glenn hoddle5.eddie howe[/quote]
Wiz would have a stroke.  
And a definite no from me too.

[quote user="Schlong Connery"][quote user="iron_stan"]1.mike phelan2.harry redknapp3.ole gunnar solskjaer4.glenn hoddle5.eddie howe[/quote]
Wiz would have a stroke.  
And a definite no from me too.

[/quote]

Not even with the sweetener you speak of[:^)]

Yeah I wouldn''t mind conceding a few if on the flip side the strikers pitched in and boosted their confidence. If we do concede without reply though, that is where most of my frustration will sit. I wouldn''t be able to see how we were so vocal about tightening up the defence, if we concede goals against Cardiff, and then can outscore them. Last year was supposed to be about sorting out the defence which is marginally better than the season before, but the attack has severely suffered.
You''re right we need some RVW and Hooper goals! Howson and Pilkington cannot score enough in a season for us to win the games we need to.

I would be very happy with Eddie Howe but i doubt he is a big enough name for most on here. I think he could do a similar job to Lambert and Rogers when they came into this league. Other options for me would have to be from Europe as there is no stand out candidate knocking around. Personally would steer clear of assistants moving to be a manager anyone remember Peter Grant?