Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

3 to go down

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]OK then Nigel. I''ll try and make this simple for you, as you seem to be having difficulty grasping this concept.

Precisely what set of facts/circumstances , and over what measurable period (eg till the end of Nov ?) would it take for you to decide, in your own mind that it''s time for a change of manager?

I''m sorry if you (and Ron) think that this concept is a sign of insanity , or whatever, but it is perfectly rational and simple, in that it''s specific and quantifyable both in points and time.

Or put another way....at what point, if the "massive improvement" you predict fails to materialise will even you say enough is enough.?[/quote]

Now then Reggie Strayshun. I can''t help but wonder if you''re more of a Suffolk Ashun and I can''t imagine what "professional life" you may have that would accommodate someone with such a small amount of Compry Henshun. It''s quite simple. My opinion is that we will get 45/50 points this season. There''s no facts involved because it''s an opinion. You don''t have an opinion of how many points we would get yet continually ask me to justify mine. As I already said, I base my opinion on us improving on last season. I believe our strikers are better and I think we''d be unlucky to lose John Ruddy for so long through injury. If we repeat only last season''s performance for the remaining 30 games we will finish on 45 points. But I believe we will improve on it for the reasons given hence my opinion of 45/50 points.

Now obviously in this professional life you have the current form facts mean we won''t get to 40 points. This "professional" logic would have seen Chelsea winning last season''s premier league by a clear 19 points. I would suggest that regardless of whatever edge you see this professional life giving you my opinion that we will get those points is as grounded as yours that we won''t.

Perhaps we can start with this new quiz about tipping points when you have taken part in the old one by giving your opinion on how many points we will get by the end of the season and telling us all why current form is a fact when forecasting future form?