Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

3 to go down

[quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]Stoke,

Palace,

Sunderland.

If anyone of the above can get Wiz to support them - all the better.[/quote]Well it wont be Stoke he''ll be willing them down so Holloway can come to us..

[quote user="Zak Van Hootenooter"][quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]Stoke,

Palace,

Sunderland.

If anyone of the above can get Wiz to support them - all the better.[/quote]Well it wont be Stoke he''ll be willing them down so Holloway can come to us..[/quote]
I think you mean Palace....

Stoke, Fulham, Sunderland, Palace, Hull, Cardiff.

Three from those six.

I''ve personally backed Stoke, Sunderland and Fulham for the drop, Palace look like they''ll be a certainty but never represented any value, though at only 1/6 currently, that could look a decent bet come Xmas.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Zak Van Hootenooter"][quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]Stoke,

Palace,

Sunderland.

If anyone of the above can get Wiz to support them - all the better.[/quote]Well it wont be Stoke he''ll be willing them down so Holloway can come to us..[/quote]
I think you mean Palace....
[/quote]I certainly do thanks. [:$]

[quote user="iron_stan"]at the minutesunderlandpalaceand norwichsack hughton and we stay up ;)[/quote]
Throughout my life I have always defended Norwich, and Norfolk, in the face of Cockney w*nkers and Northern monkeys who have ridiculed the place and made offensive remarks about the inhabitants. 
Perhaps they were right, if this forum is representative then perhaps I should pretend to be from Essex and start talking like a Mockney gangster. 

Based on games played Fulham, Sunderland and Palace look most vulnerable to me at the moment. As for us, well I can see a total of 45/50 points by the end of the season.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Precisely on what do you base that projected points total, Nigel ?[/quote]

If only there was a book we could get from the library which gave us the results for the rest of the season! Or a web site with a database showing the results of all the games up to May 11th 2014. If I had such information I''d happily share the link with you Reggie. But alas such things don''t exist so all I have to base my predictions on is what I think will happen over the next 30 games.

I always have a go at these sorts of quizzes posters like to set on here. On this one I have had a guess at Fulham, Sunderland and Palace with us finishing the season on 45/50 points. On the thread about how many points we would pick up from the 5 games from Stoke to Man City I predicted 4/5/6. (I will just say that was far more than anyone else suggested). Onj thge thread about how many points from the next 6 home games starting with Cardiff I predicted 11 points. On the same thread at the behest of Highland Canary I predicted we''d be on 22/23 points at the halfway point. And on here I''ve predicted 45/50 for the whole season.

What I find most strange is that those who ask the question "so how many points do you see us getting from....." rarely offer a suggestion themselves. One of the quirks of this message board I guess. Rather like having your palm read at the fair where you leave it up to the people you ask to foretell your future. Just call me mystic nutty....

Sunderland and Palace obviously but do not Norwich go down with Palace when both in same division.  Happened in 2004/5 but think it may have happened previously.Please correct me and I shall say Stoke who cannot score and look poor.

With respect, not too much in the way of specifics, Nigel.

The general concensus is that we aren''t going to get much from our final 4 games. So, we have to get our final points total by end of game 34. So, if you are to be believed then we must garner 43 points in the next 26 games.

Never say never , Nigel, but I think you''ll agree...a tall order. That''s what I meant by asking what you based your prediction on, particularly on current form. We are looking at winning just under half of those fixtures for this to become reality.

I''ll leave it to you to comment further !

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]With respect, not too much in the way of specifics, Nigel.

The general concensus is that we aren''t going to get much from our final 4 games. So, we have to get our final points total by end of game 34. So, if you are to be believed then we must garner 43 points in the next 26 games.

Never say never , Nigel, but I think you''ll agree...a tall order. That''s what I meant by asking what you based your prediction on, particularly on current form. We are looking at winning just under half of those fixtures for this to become reality.

I''ll leave it to you to comment further ![/quote]

You''re winding me up Reggie, right? I mean not only do you want me to take a pot at how we will do for the rest of the season you want specific results for each game? Seriously?? If I could do that I would tell Bill Hill not you buddy. But what I did say was...

I predict 4/5/6 from Stoke to Man City.

I predict 11 points from our next 6 home games Starting with Cardiff.

That wasn''t good enough for Highland so I predicted after 19 games we''d have 22/23 points.

Then I predicted a slight improvement in the second half of the season to see us finishing with 45/50 points.

But even though that wasn''t specific enough for you I notice that you, like the others who invite me to guess, come back with Zilch. I assume preferring to always be right after the games are played.

Palace were a certainty before a ball was kicked in anger. Clearly nothing has changed. Hull have had two lucky home wins. Despite how poor we were against them their was no way we deserved to lose. Sunderland will improve in time but I don''t think Poyet is a strong enough appointment so Palace, Hull and Sunderland to be relegated for me.

Hopefully come the end of the season we will do more than just scrape 17th but we do only need to finish above one team to stay up as, based on current form, Palace and Sunderland are both going down for sure - they have both looked really poor this season. I think Hull, Stoke and Cardiff are more likely to get the third relegation place than we are. Palace 20th, Sunderland 19th, Hull 18th is my prediction.

I''ll hand it to you that you''ve been astute enough to recognise a bit of leg pulling in my first comment, Nigel.

But my more serious point was that, by your predictions we''re going to need a hell of a lot more than a "slight improvement" to get the sort of totals you''re suggesting.

Let''s hope it happens , eh ?

Not really Reggie. If we get 22 points first half and 23 second it will do it?

Who do you think will go down and if it''s not us how many points do you see us getting to survive?

As I''ve said, unless we take full advantage and win a substantial proportion of the next 5 games, then it WILL need more than a slight improvement to get the 45-50 pts you predict, Nigel.

As usual I think it''ll need 40 pts to guarantee survival, and I think we may do that, but only by the skin of our teeth. It really is more touch and go than some on here realise, already.

I also have a sneaking feeling that Sunderland might improve significantly.

Palace are certainties, and the other 2 from Us, Stoke, Hull , Fulham and Sunderland. I fear that if we''ve not got at least 15 pts by end Nov, we will become the favourites for the drop.

For me, Palace, Sunderland and West Ham.

Cannot see where West Ham will get their goals from, Nolan is another year older and Carroll is injury prone and has a terrible goalscoring record anyway.