Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Hughton out...

A difficult game out of the way against the top side. We expected nothing and got nothing although we played pretty well and the scoreline flattered Arsenal. Everyone else got beat so no ground lost.Winnable games coming up which will make the table look a whole lot clearer in 4 more matches.All as expected, so whats not to like?

It seems like a lot of people are just assuming we are going to easily pick up 3 points at home against Cardiff, West Ham & the likes.  I don''t think it''s going to be as easy as that, least not forgetting we have lost our last 2 home league games (Villa & Chelsea) scoring 1 and conceding 4.

Another embarrassing thread.

Unbelievable people can''t see the difference in the way we''re playing. For the second away game in a row we gave a very good account of ourselves and I was proud to watch us have a go. We didn''t give up and clawed our way back into the game only to be outdone by a bit of class from a world class team going for the title.

What are people expecting? For us to beat Arsenal at the Emirates? I thought the moaners wanted to see positive, entertaining and attacking football. Wherever possible (this is ''top of the league'' Arsenal don''t forget) we did that and caused them a lot of problems. Scoreline no way told the whole story and flattered them as did the Chelsea final score.

I''m very happy and bring on Cardiff.

I still reckon most of the Hughton out sentiment is due to a deep seated anger and bitterness over losing Lambo.

It would certainly explain the Freudian nightmare of some posters minds.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- ricardo:All as expected, so whats not to like?

18th in the league. Things should pick up after expected wins against Cardiff and West Ham.[/quote]2pts behind what I had expected after 8 games so not seriously adrift.My pre-seaso predictor says 2 wins a draw and a defeat in the next 4..

The trouble is that when people say: "Don''t worry about losing to a, b, c because we''ll pick up points against x, y, z." Is that we inevitably never do.

Shipping seven goals in the last two games...we are in dire trouble if these kinds of performances continue - and I am yet to see any reasons why they''ll change.

Anyone who says differently is just a mindless happy clapper.

[quote user="pyjamas"]The trouble is that when people say: "Don''t worry about losing to a, b, c because we''ll pick up points against x, y, z." Is that we inevitably never do.

Shipping seven goals in the last two games...we are in dire trouble if these kinds of performances continue - and I am yet to see any reasons why they''ll change.

Anyone who says differently is just a mindless happy clapper.[/quote][S] [|-)]

We will go down if houghton stays any longer.

We''ve played Chelsea and arsenal looked like getting a point from both games until he destroyed the momentum with terrible substitutions.

Look at our last 4 games at the end of the season.

We will need to fight to get the points.

Not a plonk of a manager destroying momentum when on the front foot.

Get rid. It''s too predictable now.

Houghton out!!

[quote user="alartz"]We will go down if houghton stays any longer.

We''ve played Chelsea and arsenal looked like getting a point from both games until he destroyed the momentum with terrible substitutions.

Look at our last 4 games at the end of the season.

We will need to fight to get the points.

Not a plonk of a manager destroying momentum when on the front foot.

Get rid. It''s too predictable now.

Houghton out!![/quote]

Are you completely ignoring every point made on this thread out of sheer stupidity, or do you really believe what you''re saying? Either way you are absolutely ridiculous.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="scrappy33"]I Said 3 games after the chelsea defeat, 1 down 2 to go. Sorry Chris but it could be time.[/quote]If Arsenal win the league does that mean all the other 19 clubs are crap and should sack their managers? or Have Arsenal been the best team over 38 games and deserved it...Hughton took us to our 2nd highest ever Premier league finish last season... and he should be sacked for it?[/quote]
And if he should take us back down to the championship, what will you say then? That it was a fluke? That the run since the end of 2012 was a figment of all our imaginations? Give me a break. Like so many have said, if this were any other performance based job your employer would have to let you go sooner or later.

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 2013-10-19

If Arsenal win the league does that mean all the other 19 clubs are crap and should sack their managers? or Have Arsenal been the best team over 38 games and deserved it...

Hughton took us to our 2nd highest ever Premier league finish last season... and he should be sacked for it?

Sorry Jas, but were you there today - we had two shots on goal all game, we had possession, yes, but always sideways and backwards - Snoddy and Pilkington did nothing, which in turn meant Hooper hardly, and I mean hardly kicked the ball - he looked thoroughly pissed off. Now we had improved a bit in attacking style of late, but our defending was just awful, and I mean awful, and that was one area of our game that most thought Hughton had put right! We look jaded and inept in ideas, and we do not look like a premiership side at all, and even at this stage of the season I have to say I fear the worst. Last season we gave the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, spurs and united a run for their money. Today we were not at the races, and Hughton simply cannot keep saying how much better teams are than us and how much quality they have etc etc - we have to compete, we have to make chances and we have to score goals to win games. We had/have strikers who could/can score goals, but tactically we do not give them the ball at any time. I am sorry to bleat on, but Holty it appears to me was right when he criticised our set up after leaving. There is something wrong in the make up of the team and the way they are being asked to play, results say so consistently in the last season and a quarter. We need another ten game run this season because if we don''t we will be in the championship next. It was soul destroying watching that again today.

Why are people judging Hughton on a game against as of now the best team in the league? A team who can spend £42 million on one of the best players in the world; a team who possess the form midfielder in world football, a team who have won 20 out of their last 24 games. Unless you think we are good enough to compete with them why the hell does it matter to you?

We were good today it would have made no difference how we set up if they played like that they would have smashed us. It is a fact of life they are much better than us. We will stay up if we play like that for the rest of the season.

[quote user="pyjamas"]The trouble is that when people say: "Don''t worry about losing to a, b, c because we''ll pick up points against x, y, z." Is that we inevitably never do. .[/quote]This is the argument of all the happy clappers. Don''t worry we got nothing against Hull or Villa. Cause we are definitely going to get points in our next home games.... I think it''s better to have points in the bag than hope we get some later. No one expected points from Chelsea or Arsenal. We should have got them before!!!!

@Robert911

Bingo. Right on the money.

If we were picking up points against the lower teams, we could afford the odd banana skin against the monied teams.

But we are not picking them up, are we happy clappers?

Noone is judging Hughton on yesterday''s match. We''re judging him on the team''s performances since December 2012.

If you''re paying someone to lose games, then let me have a crack at the manager''s position. I''ll do it for less than that numpty Hughton, and I won''t do any worse either.

We''ve played well in the last 3 games there is nothing that has happened this season which suggests he should lose his job. He achieved what was expected of him last season also

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]People keep going on about top of the league Arsenal, but I thought the league table didn''t count after only 8 games?[/quote]Then why are you and your ilk behaving like spoiled brats and calling for Hughton to go because we''re currently in the bottom three???

[quote user="pilksfanclub"]We''ve played well in the last 3 games there is nothing that has happened this season which suggests he should lose his job. He achieved what was expected of him last season also[/quote]

Watching our players troop off after the end of the game they look demoralised, trust me, half of them want the three stooges out now imo.

Forget beating Cardiff, Malky''s not an idiot like Hughton, he''ll go for it.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- ricardo:All as expected, so whats not to like? 18th in the league. Things should pick up after expected wins against Cardiff and West Ham.[/quote]

With Man Titty away sandwiched in between........only this time they won''t already be on their holidays![^o)]

I offer no criticism of the result yesterday. Their first goal, which seemed and obvious offside in real-time yesterday and we were sitting dead in line on the ''right side'', was simply a superb goal from MOTD. Arsenal are an extremely good side. I guess the test for them is if they can to do to the top sides what they did to us yesterday, something they''ve struggled with in recent seasons.

I''ve thought for a while that the current management team would survive until the November break but I suspect the Stoke match (in my view our best performance away from home in 2013) will mean that they limp on until the end of the year. However, the strange substitutions which seem simply to pass momentum to the opposition, the timing of changes, tactical inflexibility, the complete disconnect between midfield and our lone front man, in my view, imply urgent need for change.

[quote user="SYG"]Hughton out[/quote]

I second and third that. With mcnasty off of twitter have had to email him a few times over the past few hours to explain why he has to go

[quote user="Local canary"][quote user="SYG"]Hughton out[/quote]

I second and third that. With mcnasty off of twitter have had to email him a few times over the past few hours to explain why he has to go[/quote]DM is no fool, whatever name you hide behind he''ll know you are the same idiot he has been getting pestered by for weeks and will ignore anything you write.

More rose-tinted Hughton apologist comments from Zak.

As a matter of interest, mate, why do you think that anyone who does not share your very narrow view of things is an "idiot" ? SYG is just the latest in a long line of people (including myself) who''ve been thus arrogantly dismissed over the last few hours.

Just to be clear on this, the idea of a Forum such as this is that various people with valid points of view can discuss things without being insulted.