Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Hughton out...

Agree with you ZVL - "interesting and highly original idea."

Sometimes it seems like there is no limit to the creative intelligence of mankind!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]We are not cut adrift at the foot of the table like Sunderland or Palace. We are in the same situation as clubs like West Ham, Stoke and Fulham, Cardiff, West Brom, Newcastle, Swansea and Man Utd

The main concern has to be our inability to create decent attacking plays.[/quote]

For me, I''m pretty sick of his style of play, and certainly would not be shedding any tears if he was sacked, but whether or not he should go comes entirely down to the sort of replacements we would be looking at. If we would be looking at a Laudrup or Pochettino-esque replacement then by all means get rid asap, but if we''d just be looking at the same old tired out of work British managers, we''re probably better off sticking with what we''ve got.

Yellow beagle - it is an online symposium of great footballing brains to discuss a radical new theory by the OP.

"we are too defensive - hughton out~!""We are not scoring enough - hughton Out!""we want to be entertained - Hughton out!""We are winning games but its boring - Hughton Out!""we are being entertained but we aren''t winning - Hughton Out!""We are Too Attacking - Hughton Out!"what has it got to be to be ''Hughton in'' then everyone?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]"we are too defensive - hughton out~!""We are not scoring enough - hughton Out!""we want to be entertained - Hughton out!""We are winning games but its boring - Hughton Out!""we are being entertained but we aren''t winning - Hughton Out!""We are Too Attacking - Hughton Out!"what has it got to be to be ''Hughton in'' then everyone?[/quote]

There is literally nothing that will satisfy this lot. It makes me feel bad for the next manager in advance if this bunch of troglodytes ever get their wish.

[quote user="scrappy33"]I Said 3 games after the chelsea defeat, 1 down 2 to go. Sorry Chris but it could be time.[/quote]If Arsenal win the league does that mean all the other 19 clubs are crap and should sack their managers? or Have Arsenal been the best team over 38 games and deserved it...Hughton took us to our 2nd highest ever Premier league finish last season... and he should be sacked for it?

Our next 3 home games are Cardiff, West Ham United and Crystal Palace.  I see at least six points from those three games and if we keep up the standard we showed against Chelsea, I would expect seven.  Throw in Newcastle away, and we could take eight from four.I know it would royally upset some people here if we managed it, but there we go.

Its such a shame that the minority always make so much noise! That said, it was pretty predictable that following a loss at Arsenal, currently the best team in the league, we would see once again this Hughton out drivel, and similar to you Mister Chops I think had we won today they would have actually been disappointed!  

We''ve been beaten by a much better team on the day, is that really worth Soiling Your Gusset over?

I do wonder about some of our fans. Past 3 games played well and out of this defensive model they''ve complained about.

Against Chelsea & Arsenal we played well and kept into the game until the last 20 minutes. The difference? Both of these teams are top four teams with quality players and never personally never expected to get points off this season.

If fans bemoan the way we played against them, god knows what they want from any manager.

The next few homes games will show how we play and with how we have improved in the middle, I hope the the likes of RvW will start to open up and silence a minority of vocal fans.

I''m convinced that we will beat Cardiff, probably see a more conservative approach. 1-0 to us or something. 
Hughton won''t approach this game like he has the Arsenal and Chelsea games, too much at stake. 

Totally agree with Thorny. We were still in the game, away to the current league leaders, who had spent 40 million plus on a midfielder from Real Madrid, until the last 10 minutes.

What more can you want ?

I see the usual apologists are out defensing Chris.

Sighting that the Hughton outers are knee jerk reactors.

Not so. The critisism of him has been consitently because he plays a terrible style of football.

He ight as well not bother to play any striker at all, just lime barcelona, but on the other hand, we are not barcelona.

He is a shocking manager, he does not fit this club.And he never will.

We''re on double points compared to the same time last season.

Most teams in the league play 1 striker. They outplayed us for periods but we didn''t look out of the competition until the 75+.

Hughton went for it and put Redmond and hoolahan on, then gets criticised for it.

Frustrates me because the players get praised when we win, and when we lose hughton stands up and takes the blame. Just need to get behind the guy, realistically we wouldn''t have got anything from an on fire arsenal team

The usual Hughton outers are also out, same old arguments, we conceded a second goal today because we were attacking, we then lost a 3rd goal because we were attacking, if we had been trying to contain Arsenal I would not have been pleased but we gave it a go. If we play like that against the likes of Cardiff, Palace, Sunderland we should win games and will be ok.

Was I watching a different game to everyone else today? We bossed the second half, were well in with a chance of getting something from the game, but were finally undone by some moments of sheer class from a great team playing at the top of their game. The performances of the last couple of games have been an absolute transformation from Spurs and Villa IMO.

Can I ask what the "Hughton Outers" would have realistically expected from the last couple of performances? What could Hughton have done better - something constructive rather than the usual "title says it all" nonsense that any 5 year old could come up with?

[quote user="I.S."]Was I watching a different game to everyone else today? We bossed the second half, were well in with a chance of getting something from the game, but were finally undone by some moments of sheer class from a great team playing at the top of their game. The performances of the last couple of games have been an absolute transformation from Spurs and Villa IMO.

Can I ask what the "Hughton Outers" would have realistically expected from the last couple of performances? What could Hughton have done better - something constructive rather than the usual "title says it all" nonsense that any 5 year old could come up with?[/quote]

I was at your game IS. At 1-0 and 2-1 we looked more likely to score but were bested by true class. Also, after all the complaining about being more attacking and going for it, Hughton takes Tettey off for Hoolahan and gives for it. It was a gamble but the kind of gamble posters have been shouting for. But it failed so The critics are out

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]"we are too defensive - hughton out~!""We are not scoring enough - hughton Out!""we want to be entertained - Hughton out!""We are winning games but its boring - Hughton Out!""we are being entertained but we aren''t winning - Hughton Out!""We are Too Attacking - Hughton Out!"what has it got to be to be ''Hughton in'' then everyone?[/quote]

Ain''t that the truth Jas?

You could add

"we want attacking substitutions when we are losing - Hughton Out"

"We took off Tettey and brought on Hoolahan but didn''t get a result - Hughton Out"

I really do wonder about some on here. We have had a tough set of fixtures and are currently playing well in spite of the results. How many teams are going to get points at the Emirates this season?

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]I really do wonder about some on here. We have had a tough set of fixtures and are currently playing well in spite of the results. How many teams are going to get points at the Emirates this season?[/quote]To date we''ve played the teams currently sitting in the following league positions:Top Half: 1,2,5,6,7,9Bottom Half 12,15 We beat the teams currently ranked 5th and 15th and drew with the team currently ranked 6th.I do think however that people are blinded by both the makeup of the top positions in this league and the

fact we lost to Hull and Villa (9&12), had we beaten Hull, Villa and

drawn with Stoke (15) as many might have predicted nay expected and lost to the top six teams what justification would the Hootenooters have then for calling for his sack. If we disregarded our chances of taking anything from the top six would we then settle for win one draw one against the other 13 teams in the league because that''s to within a point the form we are showing.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]We are not cut adrift at the foot of the table like Sunderland or Palace. We are in the same situation as clubs like West Ham, Stoke and Fulham.

The main concern has to be our inability to create decent attacking plays.[/quote]

Not to mention shipping shed loads ????