Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Cardiff Lineup

Put Wes back on the bench where he belongs JS and Howson back in the team and you are there.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Eadie4England"]Time for Whittaker, Bennett & Redmond to come in ?[/quote]Good post.After back to back losses to Chelsea and Arsenal, two teams most of us would have thoroughly expected to beat, I think it''s only fair that Cautious Chris Hughton rings the changes to save his job and get us out of nailed-on relegation.Ruddy''s let in seven in two games, put Bunn in goal to teach him a lesson.Drop Olsson for Garrido.  Ryan Bennett to replace Turner, R Martin to centre back for the ineffective Bassong and Whittaker to right back.Midfield is easier - Johnson to replace the hopeless Tettey, Hoolahan for Howson and Fer can stay in as the marquee signing but he''s drinking in the last chance saloon.  Redmond gets 45 minutes to prove he''s not a one trick pony, and Murphy comes in on the wing for the perenially chippy Snodgrass.Up front, Becchio on his own with Loza for the second half just in case.                                           Bunn         Whittaker     R Bennett    R Martin     Garrido                                    Johnson    FerMurphy                                                              Redmond                                        Hoolahan                                         Becchio[/quote]LOL [:D]

If all fit its an easy choice for me.

Ruddy

Martin  Turner  Bassong  Olsson

Tettey

Snodgrass  Howson Fer  Pilkington

RvW

For me Martin is better than Whittaker,  Olsson attacks better than Garrido  (well faster - garrys crosses are quality to) and his being out of position will hopefully be less evident against Cardiff.

Redmond simply leaves us too defensively vulnerable to start so Snoddy keeps his place.   Pilks is top class esp at home.   And wolfie has a better goal threat.

Tight game but this team should bring us 3 points come sat evening...

ZippersLeftFoot wrote the following post at 21/10/2013 12:55 PM:

If all fit its an easy choice for me.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Tettey

Snodgrass Howson Fer Pilkington

RvW

For me Martin is better than Whittaker, Olsson attacks better than Garrido (well faster - garrys crosses are quality to) and his being out of position will hopefully be less evident against Cardiff.

Redmond simply leaves us too defensively vulnerable to start so Snoddy keeps his place. Pilks is top class esp at home. And wolfie has a better goal threat.

Yes I agree Redmond leaves us more vulnerable but he also makes us far more of a threat ................ and this week we are playing Cardiff, not Arsenal!

changed my mind                   ruddy    martin bennett bassong garrido                  tettey fer   redmond  snodgrass  olsson                   hooper

redmond & olsson with the pace to beat their man and supply the crosses (on their natural foot), and snodgrass box to box (hes been less than average so far but he can finish and his work rate is high, we also wouldnt have to rely on him to put crosses in and wouldnt have to endure him cutting inside every time he got the ball)

Bellamy may well play on the left for Cardiff, and come in on his right foot. Which of Martin  and Whittaker would best cope with him, I don''t know. Certainly Martin struggles against pace, but perhaps Bellamy is not so quick as he was. I would keep Olsson at LB.

It may be time to think of playing Bennett, although his distribution sometimes lets him down. The other two CBs have been a little disappointing, and are very slow.

The midfield is the only section which picks itself, and is becoming quite a strong unit, so Tettey, Fer and Howson must continue. I would be inclined to replace Snoddy with Redmond. The latter was our stand-out player earlier and can be a game winner, while the former seems to have lost his edge..

If RvW is not fit, then we have to go 4-4-1-1, with Hooper as a lone striker. Otherwise I would play RvW, with Hooper to come on if we are struggling. I can''t see CH going with two strikers from the start, after everything he has said about it.

[quote user="Salopian"]

Bellamy may well play on the left for Cardiff, and come in on his right foot. Which of Martin  and Whittaker would best cope with him, I don''t know. Certainly Martin struggles against pace, but perhaps Bellamy is not so quick as he was. I would keep Olsson at LB.

It may be time to think of playing Bennett, although his distribution sometimes lets him down. The other two CBs have been a little disappointing, and are very slow.

The midfield is the only section which picks itself, and is becoming quite a strong unit, so Tettey, Fer and Howson must continue. I would be inclined to replace Snoddy with Redmond. The latter was our stand-out player earlier and can be a game winner, while the former seems to have lost his edge..

If RvW is not fit, then we have to go 4-4-1-1, with Hooper as a lone striker. Otherwise I would play RvW, with Hooper to come on if we are struggling. I can''t see CH going with two strikers from the start, after everything he has said about it.

[/quote]

Norwich haven''t played the 4-4-1-1 since Villa and I really hope Hughton doesn''t go back to it. Keep the three man midfield of Tettey, Fer and Howson and keep the 4-3-3 (4-1-4-1) formation. I doubt Bellamy will start for Cardiff but might get a game if Cardiff are looking for a goal in the last 15 - 20 mins - I remember Martin marking him out of the game last time Norwich played Cardiff at Carrow Road.

To be honest I would be happy to see exactly the same team as Arsenal. Redmond would probably be more effective from the bench against a tiring team.

f all fit its an easy choice for me.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Olsson

Tettey

Snodgrass Howson Fer Pilkington

RvW

For me Martin is better than Whittaker, Olsson attacks better than Garrido (well faster - garrys crosses are quality to) and his being out of position will hopefully be less evident against Cardiff.

Redmond simply leaves us too defensively vulnerable to start so Snoddy keeps his place. Pilks is top class esp at home. And wolfie has a better goal threat.

that although I think that we will get a big win.

Isn''t it ironic that CH''s crtics all agree that CH selects the wrong team but can''t actually decide what team that is themsleves.

Think you are almost spot on Bristol but with Bennett in for Turner

Ruddy

Martin,  Bassong,  Bennett, Olsson

Snodgrass,  Tettey,  Howson,  Fer,  Pilkington

RvW (assuming fit)

Cardiff is the type of team we need to really attack, and if possible, secure a convincing win.

So I would choose the following:

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson

Snodgrass Tettey Fer Redmond

Howson

Hooper

I think these are our most attacking full backs, and I''d like to see Howson given license to push further up the pitch to support Hooper (or whoever is the striker).

4-4-2 is an interesting prospect for this match, but I think it just wouldn''t be that potent against what i''m assuming will be the premiership model of 4-2-3-1 that most teams use these days.

I''d drop Russ although he hasn''t done anything wrong, I just believe that Whittaker was in form at the start of the season and would like to see him return. I wouldn''t be against giving Bennett a chance to come in at cb.

Redmond also I think should definitely come in as he is pacey, lively, and should therefore torment Cardiff''s defenders. Snodgrass, Pilks, Murphy on the other wing I ain''t fussed, and i''m equally not as fussed over Hooper or Elmander up front. If the Wolf is touch and go, then have him on the bench just in case we need him to make an impact.

Could even be a chance for Wes to shine, another attacking option who I think could hurt Cardiff.

Whatever Hughton chooses, I hope he goes for it, and I hope we really batter Cardiff for a big win, although i''d take any win right now!

Changed my mind, Turner keeps his place, so same as before with RvW if fit, if not Hooper, so;

Ruddy

Martin, Bassong, Turner, Olsson

Snodgrass, Fer,  Tettey, Howson,  Pilks,

RvW

Good decision, Ray. I really don''t know why people put Bennett ahead of Turner (or Bassong). He is just not as good. There is nothing he does better than either of them.

I''d also go with the team you''ve got there. Though I wouldn''t lose sleep if Whittaker was in for Martin and/or Redmond in for Snodgrass.

I''d prefer RVW to Hooper too because RVW is the better footballer. Hooper is handy to have in the squad but it''s already starting to look like''s not a particularly good player - though perhaps a decent goal scorer.

I prefer RVW but to say hoopers not that good is just wrong. Used in the right way and he would be a very good player. What are you judging him on, the arsenal game where he was up top on his own maybe lacking a decent ball, cross, pass. He isnt messi where he can create something outta nothing. Give him a decent chance in the box and i bet 9 times outta 10 he will bury it. People need to give RVW and Hooper a bit of time to adapt, get used to the style, team mates and the league. Theyve never played premiership football.and thats a massive step up from SPL, dutch and portugese football.

Dear oh dear I cannot believe how many people are writing off Hooper after he has started ONE game away at Arsenal playing as a line striker yet RVW remains the best thing since sliced bread despite being generally ineffective for 7 matches and managing just one goal. Presumably this is because RVW is foreign and has a more exciting name?

For what it''s worth I''m not writing off RVW as he looks technically decent and makes good runs but anyone who writes off Hooper (as a couple of posters above have) is being idiotic. That boy is a finisher and I hope he starts today because I think today the strikers will get the service and the chances that they have not had for the last few games given the platform that our new midfield trio can create against a lower half team.

GJP, the Bennett issue was based on some info I had been given, which needed interpretation, I then received further info which dissed my interpretation, so I''m sticking with Turner, although don''t necessarily agree he is better than Bennett, who I think has a lot of promise, and I would only have Whitts in for Russ if Russ was at CB, he has by the far the best stats of all our defenders, accurate pass %, accurate long ball per game, accurate crosses per game, etc

I believe Snoddy will start because he was wheeled out at the press conference, not sure CH would have done that if he wasn''t starting.. 

Jim Smith wrote:

Dear oh dear I cannot believe how many people are writing off Hooper after he has started ONE game away at Arsenal playing as a line striker yet RVW remains the best thing since sliced bread despite being generally ineffective for 7 matches and managing just one goal. Presumably this is because RVW is foreign and has a more exciting name?

For what it''s worth I''m not writing off RVW as he looks technically decent and makes good runs but anyone who writes off Hooper (as a couple of posters above have) is being idiotic. That boy is a finisher and I hope he starts today because I think today the strikers will get the service and the chances that they have not had for the last few games given the platform that our new midfield trio can create against a lower half team.

This. Criticism of Hooper is ridiculous. In fact most of the drivel on here after the Arsenal game was ridiculous

Hughton doesn''t do wholesale changes expect the same line up as against Arsenal if The Wolf is still out. Which will get us the points. The way we have been playing we will beat teams in the bottom half, especially at home.