Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Are you embarrassed by our current league position?

Not sure what questions led McNally to say he was "embarrassed" by our current league position but to be honest, I think it''s a bit strong.

We are in the relegation zone because we come after Fulham in the alphabet. We have played only 7 games and have just come off the back of a very unlucky defeat to a really strong side. I feel a bit uneasy, a little concerned but still optimistic and most certainly not embarrassed.

I concur. I think that ''embarrassed'' is a little bit strong. If we were rock bottom with only a point or two and had suffered some serious defeats then I think that would be verging on ''embarrassing'', but I don''t think we''re there yet.On the other hand, it does appear to be a very thinly-veiled note to Mr Hughton. Sort out the situation, or else..... ?

Embarrassed? No.

Disappointed? Quite a bit actually as I expected us to be a bit higher in the League after the seven game stage.

In reality, we are probably a lousy Snodgrass penalty from being higher up in any case.

We are much better than our present position indicates. We are improving by the match as a unit, and if we maintain the current progress we''ll soon be occupying a mid-table position

Not embarrassed, not surprised, not disappointed.I am hopeful after the last two games that we will soon be more comfortable and wont spend another season hovering around the scrap for survival. I wasn''t two weeks ago but if the performances keep improving then we will soon be bagging points. However, if we drop back to how we were in the first few weeks of the season I will be bitterly disappointed and want to see a change of the coaching staff.

I couldn''t give a monkeys about being 18th.
But remember that two weeks ago McNally was being bombarded with tweets and emails from fans demanding the head of Hughton on a plate. 
He probably thought that this is what Norwich fans wanted to hear. He isn''t to know that 95% of the fanbase suffers from bipolar was he. 

We deserve to be 18th because we are 18th, but I''ve seen enough in the last two games to think that we will continue to improve.

If we remain in this or a similar position come late November/December time though...

Except we''re actually joint 17th in reality, as our record is identical as Fulham''s - if the season finished now we''d be tied and presumably need a playoff although I can''t see that scenario ever occurring.  So we don''t "deserve to be 18th".  I have no doubt if our name was AFC Norwich and thus swapped places with Fulham people would be rather keener to point out it''s only on alphabetical order than they are now.I certainly don''t find it embarrassing - we are not playing like a team in the bottom three and we are gradually improving every game.  It might get slightly worse before it gets better given our next two away fixtures but as long as we don''t let our heads drop and keep doing the right things it''ll get better soon enough.

No, not at the moment. We are getting better each game and will hopefully start getting the points we deserve.

We''re in the relegation zone because we haven''t picked up enough points, generally played poorly and not scored enough goals!

We are the 15th highest spenders in Europe.

Everything is geared towards the football side of things. That is where all of the money has been invested. The success of the footballing side of the club is by far the main target, the main focus, and where the vast majority of resources have been invested.

If this was a business that you were Chief Executive of I think most fans would certainly be embarrassed as a minimum given these facts!

Don''t forget McNally is a Chief Executive first and foremost.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="First Wizard"]Embarrassed?..................Yes, of course I am![/quote] Are you also ashamed Wiz?[/quote]

Oh do behave.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]We''re in the relegation zone because we haven''t picked up enough points, generally played poorly and not scored enough goals!

We are the 15th highest spenders in Europe.

Everything is geared towards the football side of things. That is where all of the money has been invested. The success of the footballing side of the club is by far the main target, the main focus, and where the vast majority of resources have been invested.

If this was a business that you were Chief Executive of I think most fans would certainly be embarrassed as a minimum given these facts!

Don''t forget McNally is a Chief Executive first and foremost.[/quote]

That is completely irrelevant considering we are still playing catch up with most teams in the Premier League in regards to squad quality and depth etc.

We might have spent £24m or whatever it was, but that was being added to a first team last year that cost us about Â£10m to assemble (Still can''t believe we managed to finish 11th, literally incredible achievement)

Our performances this year apart from Spurs away have been better and we have looked a solid team with attacking options and decent players on the bench.

Not in the slightest. It''s never nice to be in the bottom 3, but we''ve not started to get cut adrift already like Palace and Sunderland. We''ve also played 3 of the likely top 6.

But for one poor performance against 10 men, we''d be 11th, so it''s still too tight this early in the season to place any meaning on being where we are.

A result against Cardiff would be nice, given the fixtures we have either side of that, but we have a run of fixtures after that where (Liverpool aside) we could reasonably expect to get something from all of the games up until Christmas.

I''ll be judging our performance then.

I do feel it''s galling to be lower than the likes of ''whipping boys'' Hull and ''troubled'' Newcastle (pre season perceptions) with almost a fifth of the season gone.

It''s only 3- 4 pts but as we always say, prestige is about the places not the points. But I''m sure we won''t finish in 18 th, the way we''re playing now.

At this stage of the season I look at points not League position!

The only time the League position matters is after 38 games!

Many, many more twists and turns yet! 

McNally saying this publicly makes me think he''ll take action sooner rather than later if the situation doesn''t change. He''s clearly unhappy and wouldn''t surprise me one bit to see Hughton get his p45 in the none to distant future...

Rock The Boat wrote the following post at 2013-10-11 9:46 PM:

We are much better than our present position indicates. We are improving by the match as a unit, and if we maintain the current progress we''ll soon be occupying a mid-table position

But we are not - our results determine our position, or haven''t you noticed that! We are not improving if we are not winning! Look at the managers stats and you will see it confirmed, we are not improving and not progressing. Fact!

[quote user="vlad666"]

McNally saying this publicly makes me think he''ll take action sooner rather than later if the situation doesn''t change. He''s clearly unhappy and wouldn''t surprise me one bit to see Hughton get his p45 in the none to distant future...

[/quote]

Nor me Vlad, the dreaded vote of confidence was how I read it.

I''m not embarrassed by it, but I can understand why a CEO who has sanctioned record breaking levels of spending might be.

I''d only be embarrassed if we finish there.