Sign in to follow this  
The Fish Seller

Owners undermining Malky at Cardiff

Gotta love those crazy foreign owners.Next move is sack the head of recruitment with whom your manager has enjoyed a succesful seven year partnership and replace him with a 23 year old kid whose only experience of football was paining the walls on work experience. That this 23 year old is best friends with Vincent Tans son might have influenced the decision.

Reports are that Iain Moody was leaking confidential information to the press and that is the reason he has gone - the 23 year old lad is a strange move but it is considered unlikely he''ll be given the job permanently and he is filling in until a long term successor can be found.

Also heard that Malky was consulted over the decision and he agreed that Moody should go if he was talking to the press behind the club''s back.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Reports are that Iain Moody was leaking confidential information to the press and that is the reason he has gone - the 23 year old lad is a strange move but it is considered unlikely he''ll be given the job permanently and he is filling in until a long term successor can be found.

Also heard that Malky was consulted over the decision and he agreed that Moody should go if he was talking to the press behind the club''s back.

[/quote]

heard by who?

i reckon you just made that up.

[quote user="skippdogg"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote] heard by who? i reckon you just made that up.[/quote]

I work for a large east asian paper, Cardiff are owned by east asians and are looking to promote the club in that part of the world - means I (along with many other jurnos) hear bits and pieces of info. It might not be true, but it isn''t just me who has been told this.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="skippdogg"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote] heard by who? i reckon you just made that up.[/quote]

I work for a large east asian paper, Cardiff are owned by east asians and are looking to promote the club in that part of the world - means I (along with many other jurnos) hear bits and pieces of info. It might not be true, but it isn''t just me who has been told this.

[/quote]

And I notice Moody has been suspended, which might indeed suggest there is a disciplinary issue here, with legal complications.

I wouldn''t want him within a country mile of our managers job, I''m a little unsure of why anyone would (other than the fact he used to play for us).

His teams don''t play the "brand" of football that seems to have become so important and unless we want to be "little Norwich" surely we should be aiming a little higher than Mackay as a prospective future manager..

@ William Hill - "Little Norwich" is what we are likely to be for sometime yet. Certainly for the next 3-5 years. We could do a lot worse than Mackay. I think he will be our manager one day.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Great. I sincerely hope that he isn''t.[/quote]

He''s more like a future West ham manager GUNGHO

[quote user="Warren Hill"]I wouldn''t want him within a country mile of our managers job, I''m a little unsure of why anyone would (other than the fact he used to play for us). His teams don''t play the "brand" of football that seems to have become so important and unless we want to be "little Norwich" surely we should be aiming a little higher than Mackay as a prospective future manager..[/quote]

Huzzah![Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Warren Hill"]I wouldn''t want him within a country mile of our managers job, I''m a little unsure of why anyone would (other than the fact he used to play for us). His teams don''t play the "brand" of football that seems to have become so important and unless we want to be "little Norwich" surely we should be aiming a little higher than Mackay as a prospective future manager..[/quote]

Huzzah![Y][/quote]

Blimey, Wiz wants him "out" before he even arrives. [:D]

Bethnal Yellow and Green wrote the following post at 09/10/2013 2:32 PM:

Tan refused to deny that Malky was also asked to leave, the perils of football clubs being used as playthings for spoiled children!

I love to see other clubs owners make crazy harmful decisions. Like Sunderland appointing Di Canio, or the Venkys sacking Allardyce. Now it''s this guy at Cardiff unsettling his highly successful manager. Maybe he''ll go bonkers, sack Malky and appoint his mate from the pub as manager.

It all just makes it easier for us to stay in the division.

Well that''s true Jonzey, if it leads to the relegation of Cardiff, which can only be good for the rest of us, then that''s fine? But looking at the bigger picture it saddens me that clubs can be treated like rag dolls, by fools who can only see their own self interest. We are talking a PL club that is being run like a local town team! Surely there should be some sort of regulation exercised by the appropriate authorities.

It makes me even more proud to be a City fan, we have a properly run club, one of the very few remaining.

Where will the game end up if people like Tan continue to be allowed just to walk in and buy a club, I know it''s been going on for a long time but it''s going from the absurd to the ridiculous now.

City1st wrote the following post at 10/10/2013 8:28 PM:

or some backbone from supporters

fat chance that

Fat chance indeed, the supporters have been bought off by the promise, or actually the delivery, of some success. But at what cost.

The red shirts had more significance than perhaps the Bluebirds fans realised!

" But at what cost."and how many are simply saying ''what cost ?''

Alisher Apsalyamov, the 23-year-old Kazakh who became Cardiff City''s head of recruitment, has erm had to step aside temporarily over what appears to be a visa/right to work issue. [:S]